Union Pacific not a scrooge

The Draft spared no one.....hippie or not.

As I asked, Jerry, did you get spat on at SEATAC when you "came back to the world"? After the third time I realized the uniform was the target.

John H

Reply to
NERD

John, if Jerry is anything like the person his posts here suggest, he'll be well accustomed to being spat on.

Reply to
mark newton

Obviously, you think one should not support their employer. How you stay employed is beyond me. I think it was you that I stated should have been fired a long time ago. I will restate that opinion

Jerry

Supporting one's employer does not mean "ass licking" as you put it.

Reply to
Jerry

The only people who spat on me were the hippies on dope. I figured it was the fact their brain was fried. Of course, back then I was very pro military. Now, while I am pro USA, I hate to see us involved in any conflict. War is hell. People die. Peace or none involvement is a better recourse. I have no problem with going after OBL for he attacked us. 60 Minutes was interesting last night. Seems, 10 days after Bush takes office, he is asking his National Security Advisors to find a way to go to war with Iraq. This from a member of his cabinet. Now, this was almost 9 months before 9-11. It just about says it all. To keep this train related, Dubya doesn't support Amtrak from what I can see. Anyone think Amtrak will be cut to ribbons before he leaves office. Jerry

Reply to
Jerry

Obviously you are unable to comprehend simple English sentences.

Memo to self: Fire self, on the say-so of a self-deluding septic wanker trolling on a newsgroup...

'Arse-licking' is how I put it. And I was not referring to supporting one's employer. I was referring to your specific area of expertise.

Reply to
mark newton

So they're better judges of character than I reckoned.

Reply to
Mark Newton

As in COld BOLlocks?

58F here yesterday.
Reply to
Steve Caple

From the driver seat of his German Taxi, "Jerry" wrote

Quick, someone buy Jerry a one way ticket to France.

Reply to
wannand

^^^^^

There is your problem. *8->

Reply to
Paul Newhouse

And you call call me a troll. You are following me around like a dog in heat. Can't you contain your sniffing to the fish you have at home Jerry

Reply to
Jerry

You would associate with such I imagine. I wouldn't be surprised at the business you are self employed at either. Jerry

Reply to
Jerry

What sort of property? I lifted a few railroad ties as a lad, but hey, I was 8 and figured they were throw-aways. Good thing Metra didn't catch me stuffing that F40PH in my trunk!

Seriously, Jerry, what stuff? A coupler knuckle weighs, what, 200 lbs.? It'd take a couple of guys to carry one of those off. I'm aware of people stealing stuff out of RR museums.

Jay CNS&M North Shore Line - "First and fastest"

Reply to
JCunington

Nope. Common Obsolete Business Oriented Language.

36 here yesterday. The East Coast had it worse. The cheddarheads and we transplanted FIBs (F***ing Illinois Bastards, oops...Friendly Illinois Brethren) can take it...and worse.

I used to snowmobile when it was 20 below. Gawd, was I stupid at 16. Now it'd have to be at least zero.

Jay CNS&M North Shore Line - "First and fastest"

Reply to
JCunington

What? Knowing a language the young punks coming out of college don't know anymore? But will probably still be around when I die? I call it employment security. It is rather verbose, but readable even to neophytes.

Jay CNS&M North Shore Line - "First and fastest"

Reply to
JCunington

Snowmobiling at any age is stupid. :-)

-- Cheers Roger T.

Home of the Great Eastern Railway

Roger T.

Message error; did not start on column 8

Reply to
Steve Caple

"anymore"????? Lots of current CompSci grads can barely remember it was mentioned in their studies.

So will reel-to-reel 9 track tape.

"verbose" ... YEAH!!!!!

PERFORM open-heart-surgery UNTIL patient-dies

I wrote my last Cobol code in 1974 (and it hasn't been long enough). I did an RPG to Cobol translator written in Fortran and Compass (CDC

6000 assembler).

Paul

Reply to
Paul Newhouse

Looks fine when I format it at home. Load it on the server and it goes kablooey. Go figure. I'm still trying to figure it out.

Jay CNS&M North Shore Line - "First and fastest"

Reply to
JCunington

I had a guy in Florida contact me last week about a client that wants to translate SAS to COBOL. I can't for the life of me figure out why. SAS costs $10,000 a year per network server, maybe more, but you can develop about 20 times faster than COBOL.

Jay CNS&M North Shore Line - "First and fastest"

Reply to
JCunington

I thought you guys in the GWN drove those instead of cars.