Union Pacific not a scrooge

That they said I was over the limit to pay royalties and I said I wasn't.

OK, so here's the scenario as I understand it. You get permission from UP to use their marks. If you go over $3500 in revenue from said marks, you pay them a percentage or $X, whichever is more.

So, if they decide I didn't pay royalties and they say I owe them because I went over the limit, I have to pay an accountant/lawyer to prove my books show I'm under the limit. Now I have to lay out hundreds, maybe thousands, to show I didn't owe UP maybe $100 in royalties? That's a recipe for a shakedown if I ever heard it. How many will cave and pay the money because it's cheaper than court/accountants/lawyers?

Jay CNS&M North Shore Line - "First and fastest"

Reply to
JCunington

God Bless America

Reply to
Steve Caple

or indoctrinated?

Reply to
Steve Caple

Something doesn't seem to line up here... where does the part about having the U.P. come and audit your books come into play? That is what I questioned.

The burden would be on YOU to show YOUR revenue if you want to be licensed by the U.P. You can't just produce products with U.P. trademarks on them and say that you're under the $xxx limit so everything's OK.

IF you want to produce U.P. trademark products you will need to meet their requirements for them to grant you permission to do so. They have the upper hand in a licensing situation, if you want to use their property.

Reply to
Mark Mathu

Only if you and your militia buddies barricade yourself inside. Do feel free to vote with your feet - Paraguay might be to your liking.

Reply to
Steve Caple

The Christmas elves are gone and have once again been replaced by the same old trolls.

Kent in SD

"I want to be the candidate for the guys with Confederate flags on their pickups, too."

--Howard Dean, running for president of the Confederate States of America Kent in SD

Reply to
Two23

Once again dumbass. The UP owns the right to their logo, trademark etc. Is something about that you don't understand? Perhaps you need to get educated.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry

And no-one tops you for sheer stupidity.

Reply to
Mark Newton

You reckon?

Which no-one, least of all me, disputes.

Which no-one, least of all me, disputes.

Which no-one, least of all me, disputes.

Instead of telling us something we already know, and agree with, why not adress the actual issue? UP apologists such as Jerry claim that the issue is protection against inappropriate use. Still waiting for an explanation of what inappropriate use is in his opinion. Your commments add nothing.

Reply to
Mark Newton

Yes Steve likes paying 50% in taxes. But hates .40 on a UP boxcar. He might sober up some day.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry

This isn't a train forum--it's a troll convention LOL!

Kent in SD

"I want to be the candidate for the guys with Confederate flags on their pickups too."

--Howard Dean, running for president of the Confederate States of America

Reply to
Two23

As I have stated on Jan 8, an inappropriate UP or appropriate UP boxcar cannot injure UP. The fact is the UP owns the trademark and logos. They can charge for it if they want. What about that don't you understand? Still waiting on your specific answer Jerry

Reply to
Jerry

I see, well, let me set that straight. I did not include them. That is up to the courts. I have no specific opinion on it even though I buy at least some locomotives and rolling stock of most of those roads.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry

OK, Jerry, you are most assuredly OUT of the "fuzzy zone".

Jay CNS&M North Shore Line - "First and fastest"

Reply to
JCunington

Jerry..... I think you missed his point on this. I don't think he meant that you had been indoctrinated by UP, but rather that the entire educational system is rigid and biased towards some degree of thought control. I once knew an electrical engineer at UBC who swore that you could not use standard wall box dimmers to control the brightness of neon lights......even when he was standing in a club with 60 of them. Flexibility of thought is not often well thought of in academia.

By the way..... were you spat on at SEATAC when you came "back to the world" like I was?

John H.

Reply to
NERD

Reply to
MASTER DUMB

I wondered how long it would be before that card got played...

Reply to
mark newton

Arse-licking and toadying?

Reply to
mark newton

Which directly contradicts your other assertions. You're all over the shop like a mad-woman's shit.

Nothing. I have never disputed that fact. I dispute your attempt at justification. And knowing that I'll always get a bite, I'll continue to do so.

Reply to
mark newton

And computer programmers know you can't use zero as a subscript (well, in Visual Basic you have an option of starting arrays at zero or one). I had an instructor who begged to differ:

Jay COBOL, WI

Reply to
JCunington