Best Rated threads in ⚙ Stationary Engines - UKshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Ruston Hornsby APR
I am currently restoring a Ruston Hornsby APR 2 ½ hp but I am missing the governor lever (the lever that is moved by the governor and operates the throttle via a rod) Part no 24 according to the...
4
4

Teles Chainsaw
Does anyone know anything about Teles chainsaws made by E H Bentall, Maldon, Essex? I assume this is the company that made engines and machinery. I rescued from a skip the other day as it looked far...
10
10

stationary engine exhibit log sheet
hello lads , just wondering could you tell me when the log sheet comes out in the magazine or also -if you order a back issue that says it comes with one ,do you still get one? thanks a million , john
6
6

Engine paint
Just wondering if one of the helpful people on here can point me in the right direction when it comes to painting my B&S engine, what kind of paint do you use? Hammerite, oil based gloss or is there a...
9
9

magneto repairs
Had a visitor today who sent a Lucas SR (possibly the simplest magneto ever made) to our friend in N Devon. The postage cost him £6. Eventually he got a quote for £226 +VAT and a request to send...
5
5

Wolseley WD8 or Why is everything so confusig?
Nearly time to paint it up...feeling good because I found a few chips (VERY small) of what clearly seemed to be dark green so I knew what colour to paint it. Took off the flywheel in preparation and...
5
5

OT? - soldering Bowden cables
For those with sedentary engines - Rotavators & the like. And old motorbikes ........... Regards, Kim Siddorn. In view of the way the world is today, I'd better say that this article merely expresses...
12
12

Lister `d` Colours
Hi all, I have just been in the workshop finishing a few jobs on the National, and thought as I was waiting for a few bits to dry I would have a bit go at the Lister `D` thats sat for years. When I...
4
4

Deutz Magirus F1L-208D single cyl aircooled @7hp, parts source?
Deutz Canada and Deutz USA don't list parts for this engine. We're using it for powering a ham Radio Repeatersite in BC Canada, would like to find components for the optional intake manifold 12 volt...
10
10

Villiers Flywheel Magneto
Having just to started to bring back to life a Ruston Hornsby PB 1.5hp, I am faced with trying to get the Villiers flywheel magneto to bits. I have unscrewed the centre nut which comes undone and then...
6
6

Coburn Engine
Could somebody please advise me. I am totally new to stationary engines,and have been offered a Coburn (not sure if the spelling is correct). The engine is British built,and has a fuel tank divided...
3
3

Coborn Engines
Bought a bundle of engine manuals lately, including one for Coborn engines C3 and C6, apparently printed by K&L Steelfounders and Engineers Ltd, Letchworth. Anyone enlighten me ? Or should I just file...
22
22

need help removeing crankshaft t300
Need direction to remove the threaded retainer on the crankshaft , the one that is threaded and holds the outer main bearing onto the crankshaft. flywheel side THANKS IN ADVANCE

Boulton & Paul 2E2 Engine.
Had ride up to the Scottish border to have a look at an engine I had heard about some time ago. The engine was in a workshop which had fallen into dis-use through ill health. The engine had been...

Ruston Hornsby Silencer.
Hi all, I'm looking for a silencer for my Ruston PB 1.5hp, (The one that looks like an inverted plant pot) Thought I'd get one from Frank Gelder at Astle Park but he didn't have any, only the...
1
1

Question regarding Petter PH1
I've just about finished restoring an old Thwaites dumper with this engine and wonder if anyone has any experience with it, in particular an annoying small oil leak out of the dipstick tube? Messing...
2
2

Petter PH1 smoky
I have a Petter PH1 on a dumper, rated at 6.8bhp @ 2000rpm. I have just had it rebored +20, ground the valves in and fitted a new injector nozzle (set at 800bar). It has run about 5 hours since and is...
3
3

triumph generator
hello ive got a triumph engine with a generator attached to the crankcase,believe it was an RAF of it is missing,probably used for repairing a pre unit triumph bike in the past.i think it was called...
19
19

Onan 48S-6 battery charger
hello, i have just got hold of a Onan WW2 battery charging set. Model no. 48S-6. It's dated 1944. The geny is in great condition for it's age. I after any advice as to get it started and a parts...

Petter Ph1 Injector required
I have a ex-dumper Petter PH1 mounted on a frame with an old Acrow Walden saw bench - a very useful combination. Unfortunately while moving it I carelessly damaged the injector quite serously. Does...
5
5