Best Rated threads in ⚙ Stationary Engines - UKshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Delco-Light
Kim's lucky aquisition reminded me that I had recently discovered my Delco-Light 7B12 was apparently originally intended to charge batteries in a WWII mobile workshop. The vertical pipe which I had...
4
4

Don't buy an Amanco without a mag!
In the early days of my engine interest, a friend warned me off an Amanco without its magneto. It was good advice. Regards, Arthur G eBay Mobile
11
11

3.5hp Lister Startomatic?
Gents, On Saturday I went to Cambridge to retrieve a Startomatic generator set Serial Number 56691 Spec 3'1'208 HP 3 1/2 RPM 650 Old type - cast iron baseplate The unit is fitted with starter...
4
4

Bamford Oil Cake Breaker
Hi Folks, I'm now the happy owner of a Bamford & Sons Improved Oil Cake Breaker. far as I can tell the rig is complete (with the exception of the rotted away wood bits and a cranking handle on the...
3
3

crossley 'box' exhausts
hi , Just wondering were crossley 1030/40/50 were ever fitted with the 'box' type of exhaust My crossley came off a gen set i think , and can i presume it had a box exhaust to make it quieter than the...
6
6

J & F Howard Bedford engine info wanted
Can anyone tell me where I may be able to find out some information on the engines built by J & F Howard of Bedford. A friend of mine has one of these very old oil engines, and I have been trying for...
4
4

Ruston Hornsby 6PS
My son and I have recently got the stationary bug and have restored the compulsory Lister D and recently a Lister A ready for rallying this year. We have now bought a Ruston Hornsby 6PS as our next...
1
1

Lister D Thread size?
Somebody must know! I am in the early stages of restoring a Lister 'D' (1948). What is the thread size of the water hopper drain tap ? The drain tap is missing,although the boss is present,but the...
1
1

Lister D problem!
Had my Lister D up and running today. All of a sudden the water level in the hopper dropped. The water then spurted out from the hopper and the engine stopped. On turning the starting handle there was...
4
4

Lister "D" Lighting Set
Can anybody direct me to an image of a Lister "D" powered Bruston (?sp) lighting set? I'm curious.................... Brian L Dominic Web Sites: Canals: of the Cromford Canal: Light Railway:
5
5

Royal Enfield flat twin
I've bought one of these (air cooled petrol version) out of SE magazine & it's being collected for me from deepest Suffolk & delivered when I'm in Kent in a couple of weeks time. The trouble is I...
11
11

Petter AVA series 2
I am currently restoring a Petter designed diesel but built by Kirloskar in India that has the same specifications as the Petter AVA Series 2 engine (twin cylinder 12 bhp) I would appreciate if...
2
2

Mayfield Scythe (Villiers MK10)
The MS is now up and running, but sadly floods like a good 'un. Everything looks right and individual components test OK. I'm tempted to replace the needle valve and seating - - anyone know where...

Petter M 1.5 Manual
Hi Chaps, Does anyone know where I might get a manual for a Petter M 1.5 HP Calibrator model (post 1931)? Neither David Edgington nor Internal Fire seem to have one. Amongst other things, I need to...
2
2

BSA Charging Sets
We have, by a roundabout way, got hold of the details of a guy in Lancashire who apparently still has 10 ex-army BSA sets in good inhibited condition, with exhaust, manual, toolkit, starting rope,...
14
14

Douglas FT35 manual
I have now scanned the manual for the Douglas 1200 VA + 350 W generating Set and FT35 engine. ftp:// This is a 35 Mb file so a bit large to send by email. Many thanks to MikeH for the loan of the...
4
4

Petter AP1 or PA1???
Hello, All! I've asked for some information on this engine before to this group, but did not get any response, so I'm trying my luck again with a little but more info/confusion! This will be my first...

Enfield Diesels.
Has any group member got any history on the air cooled single cylinder Enfield diesel, It doesn't appear to have been designed and built to a compromising budget, The one we have is fitted with a...
10
10

Lister LT1 Question
Hello, I was using the website try and I.D. a LT1 engine that a relative of mine owns. Although I was able to figure out some of it, I couldn't get all of it. Can anyone help me out? The serial number...
7
7

crossley 1030
hello all , i have just had phonecall from a man , replying to a ad of mine ,placed at a sale yesterday in carlow. he has a 1030 crossley for sale , he cannot restore it himself ,as he was injured in...
8
8