Jerry is now on my banned senders list

Sartre was not a philosopher. He was a dyspeptic who had the misfortune to be educated in the French school system, which is more concerned with correct usage than with sense. So Sartre wrote a lot of nonsense - very correctly.

cheers, wolf k.

Reply to
Wolf K

:

te:

Sounds like much of the evidence for AGW ;-)

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

We already have drastic ice melting in Antartica, rising sea levels in the Pacific and changing weather patterns - not sure what you need to see!

Reply to
Greg.Procter

That's what we are going to find out in the future. proposition #1 - it's going to make life difficult to impossible for humans. proposition #2 - it won't have any real effect. proposition #3 - the economy/profits NOW is the only important thing to consider.

Reply to
Greg.Procter

Sounds to me like your politicians are rearanging the deck-chairs on the=

Titanic and have figured out how to make profits from the activity. That doesn't change the problem.

Reply to
Greg.Procter

I think you may need to watch some American cable TV if you think nobody is asking for money to stop scientists promoting evolutionary theory. Guy

Reply to
Just zis Guy, you know?

How about some folks arrested for Fraud.

LDosser

Try Samuel Becket. :()

Reply to
LDosser

Government Money

Reply to
LDosser

pity, liked bits although preferred pragmatism.

cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

Reads like hell, but on stage it's surprisingly effective. Especially if you're wallowing in gloom. Seeing people gloomier than you is bound to lighten the mood. My favourite line:

"Dance, Misery!"

wolf k.

Reply to
Wolf K

The education system is different. Locally elected school boards determine the curriculum so creationism is taught in the American heartland. Even in Silicon Valley and the Greater New York Metropolitan Area they have had to take this to court when board members only showed their true colours after they were elected.

Reply to
Christopher A. Lee

It is true there are a certain group of people who have a curious type of faith that stops them from considering anything other than creationism. I am quite content to see them discounted from any sensible debate about evolution. Although am also concerned with them interfering with education, but that is a different topic.

cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

op cit. :-)

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

Yes. It was a typo. In one report. And was picked up by climate scientists. Next? Guy

Reply to
Just zis Guy, you know?

Thats not what was reported in the Sunday Times. My post contained a condensed version of the report. Where did you hear it was a typo ?

cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

Suppression is one of those words that is as good as a Godwin post for me, sorry. As a Wikipedia admin I personally suppressed the Neanderthal theory of autism, the controlled demolition of the World Trade Center, the truth about remote viewing and the wonderful emerging field of cold fusion, to name only the first few to come to mind.

If you want conspiracy to suppress, look at the edits to the climate report made by ex-American Petroleum industry lobbyist and Bush staffer Philip Cooney. His career was totally destroyed when he was found to have inappropriately manipulated official documents. Well, I say destroyed, he had to go and work for Exxon Mobil.

But, hey, just because virtually all scientists agree and virtually all dissent has its roots in the energy industry doesn't /necessarily/ mean the scientists are right and the vested interests are being venal. It's just the most likely interpretation based on previous experience (e.g. smoking and cancer). Guy

Reply to
Just zis Guy, you know?

But it wasnt on autism and the MMR jab. Was it on CJD ? How we doing so far on swine flu ?

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

Hated it on stage. Just Hated it. Forced to sit through it!!

Reply to
LDosser

Maybe you could point out some of these places? I'm in the US and the last time I heard of this issue, it was shot down in Pennsylvania. Daughter in law teaches part time in Oklahoma City and she's never mentioned any issues there.

Reply to
LDosser