Jerry is now on my banned senders list

Nope. Not in the US. Not since the ACLU got involved.

Reply to
LDosser

More of that filthy eastern babble! :)

Reply to
LDosser

The 'oil' industry is heavily invested in 'green' technology. In fact, I think that at the end of the day the Oil Industry will pretty much own it.

Reply to
LDosser

At least they've now done the decent thing and retracted it

Next? How about sacking anyone who stands to gain finacially from the methods being promoted to avert "disater".

Uh, huh! I'd vote for that. Wonder if any of them would be left?

Reply to
LDosser

=A0

=A0

Sack 'em! Politicians should be chosen like jurors. Anyone who *wants* to be a politician should be barred from office.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

Sack 'em! Politicians should be chosen like jurors. Anyone who *wants* to be a politician should be barred from office.

MBQ

And incarcerated for intent to lie, cheat, and steal.

Reply to
LDosser

The best thing to do politicians would be to dress them up in Army combat clothing, pay them the same as a Private soldier, give them a rifle and a few rounds of ammunition, one set of body armour between three "men" and parachute the whole damn lot into Iraq and/or Afghanistan. Those that survive would have done a real twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week job.

David Costigan

Reply to
David Costigan

Having a decorated former front-line soldier running a country - and able to point out to the 'experts' that he has more hands-on experience of war - has proved so successful in the past, hasn't it?

Reply to
Arthur Figgis

Maybe so. There are conspiracy theories about that, of course. Guy

Reply to
Just zis Guy, you know?

He may not have got everything right but at least he'd done something before going into politics, unlike a significant proportion of the current MPs.

David Costigan

Reply to
David Costigan

In the US, Washington, Madison, Monroe, Teddy Roosevelt, Bush the Elder and Harry Truman all did quite well.

Reply to
LDosser

Hardly! They're taking out Ads.

Reply to
LDosser

I think it might be a good idea to put all those soldiers with prosthetic limbs that they keep showing on the news if not in the house of commons than into the ministry of defence. And the top brass from the three services should become top civil servants in the MoD or even Minister of Defence.

That way, people like me will have more confidence in the government and that part of the civil service.

Reply to
Jane Sullivan

So perhaps we need more unsuccessful watercolour painters in government?

Of course when we do have MPs who have other interests, we moan that they are by definition corrupt and biased towards that area.

Reply to
Arthur Figgis

Can we be sure they would have the necessary skills? Someone might be brilliant at front line stuff, but less good at procurement or boffin stuff.

Can top military people be civil servants, or would that create some kind of contradiction in terms?

Reply to
Arthur Figgis

I see that Eisinhower is not in that list. Is that because he is not regarded as a successful President ? In the UK he is probably more famous for being the wartime supreme commander. Don't know too much about his political career but am just old enough to have seen him on a UK visit . Whole primary school class got marched to the edge of the Great West Road to see him pass.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

Google "free energy suppression". Guy

Reply to
Just zis Guy, you know?

Ike was never a front line soldier. The rest were.

Reply to
LDosser

Google "water burning carburetor"

Reply to
LDosser

I hope you don't believe any of that cr*p.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq