Mad modifcations

Aeroplane modellers have "Luft 46" models, things the hun might have built had WWII gone on a bit longer. Revell did a few kits.

Maybe we need a "Steam 69" (oo-er) equivalent.

Reply to
Arthur Figgis

There's a comic book by a Japanese guy which features never-made (or prototype only) German aircraft as a back feature.

Very interesting, and I've followed up the articles on some of those he mentions elsewhere and seen many in features on the Discovery Channel.

Anyone fancy mocking up a 12 wheeler version of the Decapod? Not with wings though, obviously.

;-)

Reply to
Brian Watson

Somebody somewhere must have built a working model of the Breitspurbahn in HO34.3 scale...

Continental N scale with P4 track might be close (though perhaps defeats the point of being able to use RTR mechanisms and wheels?), or HO scale on O track.

Reply to
Arthur Figgis

Interesting, thanks. I remember on the real thing the "driver" sat at the rear next to an old BMC disiesel engine that powered it along, and the "operator" sat towards the front in the centre, in the middle of all the operating gubbins! The machine was probably around 15 to 18 feet long, had 2 driving wheels at one end of roughly 1 foot diameter and 2 tiny little wheels at the other end (that had a remarkable liking for jumping the track at the slightest provoking within springfield yard!) Dimensions are not accurate, I am relying on the memory of a 42-year old thinking back to when I was about 12! Badger.

Reply to
Badger