Latest threads in ⚡ Welding Forumsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Welding 304 stainless
--I've got the right rod for the job but I'm wondering if that nickel rod Ernie likes so much is an adequate substitute. Or is it the same thing? The stainless I'm welding is 304 and I think the rod...
2
2

Electric stove element repair
Perhaps check with the experts on s.e.j.w From what I've seen the folks who insist that you have to cook on gas and that electric is terrible don't actually know how to cook. Real chefs just cook on...
6
6

Mystery of mysteries
Took my 175 to the shop, and they could not find anything wrong with it. They were impressed with my making a new trigger with a doorbell button. I used it on some fairly heavy metal, and had it...

I TIGged today! (OT for s.e.d, but you guys know I'm an idiot)
OK, cards on the table time. I got fired just a few days before last Xmas, and have been scraping by on charity and a little help from my friends. Well, it seems that the outfit that fired me needed...
9
9

Propane valve question
Will the connector from a home propane grill line hook up to and work on a propane fuel tank for a forklift? Or do I need to get an adapter if there is such a thing. Steve Heart surgery pending? Read...
2
2

service manual for Dynast 200
Hi, does anyone know how I could get my hands on a SERVICE manual for a Dynasty 200? I already have the owner's manual. I'm electrically inclined and would like to fix my own machine should it go...
2
2

Brazing flux - where to buy?
Peter's No.2 Blue flux has been recommended in the newsgroup for bronze welding steel. Peter's Black has been recommened for brazing cast iron. Where do you get it? Google hasn't been much help....
2
2

Horizontal bead weld?
I've been trying to get down running a horizontal bead for the week, and I haven't had much success. Miller suggests using a work angle perpendicular to the stock, with a 10 to 15 degree travel angle,...
13
13

Easy bake rod holding oven
(forgot to crosspost this to sejw; apologies to those who read both groups) When it came time to open up my box of 7018AC electrodes, I didn't want to just leave the box open, nor did I have the time...
15
15

Aluminum DC Tig
--Ernie sez I can TIG aluminum with DC; the limit being the thickness of electrode being equivalent to the thickness of the material to be joined. I want to get a little further into this: should I...
3
3

Welding steel to cast iron head?
The guy delivered the rebuilt Ranger 3.0 cast iron head the other day and my mechanic started to install it..and noticed that on one of the rocker towers..something had been broken off..evidently long...
25
25

Red is going to the hospital ............
I can't get my Lincoln SP175 + to work without spitting. So, Thursday when I go to Vegas, I shall take it to the Lincoln Hospital. Pray for us. I'm gonna stress that this has been a problem since day...

Welding photography
Posted this in but decided to put it here, too. Has anyone here any experience with welding photography? I am going to take some pictures of welds during real time welding. Does the shielding of a...
10
10

Slag on my shoulder
Condition: Welding a tee-joint with square tubing, 2.5" x 0.188 Electrode: 1/8" 7018AC @ ~125A Position: Horizontal So I'm trying to figure out how to finish up the shoulder welds on this square...
23
23

Bad weld caused San Bruno pipeline explosion?
I am looking at this piece of pipe: the clean end suggests to me that the entire weld failed. What do our resident pipe weldors say? Steve? Private?
62
62