Latest threads in AutoCAD discussionsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Acad drawing line
I have a series of parallel lines, and each time had to be offset press, and even make a dimension
3
3

Alternatives to autocad?
Are there any alternatives to autocad? If there are, what are they and how well do they compare to autocad? Thanks in advance, Rui Maciel
3
3

Drafting Services
Custom plans, lower prices then all others for professional work, working drawings, custom Homes, store or office renovations, Commercial construction I have experience with all. Contact me first. I...

Scale factors, drawing units, and paper size
Hi, I'm new to AutoCAD LT 2012. And I've been tasked to draw a floor plan in two weeks. I'm trying to find tutorials that deal with the issues as quickly as possible, but I'm having difficulty. It's...
4
4

The new AutoCAD help system seen by your boss
In the cloud might be too far for your boss: Great prices on a large selection of domains. Find the pefect domain for your new startup.
1
1

Autocad Vs Autocad LT?
In practical terms, what are the differences between autocad and autocad lt? Thanks in advance, Rui Maciel
8
8

Migrate 2011 Settings not Working
Hi all I have been trying to migrate settings for Acad 2011 so I can install on a fresh PC and re-create current setup. When I run the migration it says completed successfully. It is supposed to copy...
1
1

.NET ObjectARX wrappers and ArcSDE
Has anybody used the ObjectARX wrapper classes for .NET to access the data = fields on a shape stored in an ArcSDE database? I am trying to access the f= ields that are displayed when you right click...

Annotation scales - separate but related to previous query
My linetypes are not annotative, so why do they change when I change the annotation scale (in modelspace) and then regenall?

Monitor Recommendations
Hi all Can anyone recommend a good monitor or range of monitors for general CAD work? I am looking for around 22" screen. Not sure about using wide screen dimensions but don't know if there are any...
2
2

VP Scale and Annotation Scale
I'm using ACAD2008. I can't 'unlink' VP Scale and Annotation Scale. If I update one, the other one updates and vice versa. I feel like I'm going nuts - or have just forgotten something really obvious...
4
4

about writing primary units: fraction
Hi. I am using Autocad 2007. I have two problem. 1. I am using fraction ( horizontal format) as primary unit in dimension style. But it writes all of fractions as whole number and simple fraction, for...
1
1

Problem converting Arabic text in autocad to pdf
Hello, I am using Autocad 2006 with Arabic fonts. I want to convert my drawing (with Arabic text included) to pdf format. The pdf writer I used distorts and mangles the Arabic text. Everything else...
3
3

Autocad Hardware Recommendation
Hi all It's that time when I must finally look at replacing the trusty RM machines bought in 2004. These have been excellent, but unfortunately RM no longer sell to business users (only education). So...
1
1

Question regarding printing "to file"
First post, yay. So, I'm running a mix of Autocad 2004 LT and 2004 on a mix of Windows 7 and XP machines. One of my 7 machines is 64 bit, therefore the drivers for my plotter are not available. What...
1
1