Best Rated threads in ⋐⋒⋐ Computer Numeric Controlshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Reason Criterion Square Boring Head Exists?
What is the reason for the square boring head that Criterion makes? What advantage does it have over the round Criterion boring head? Jon Banquer San Diego, CA
10
10

Is mist coolant practical?
I am setting up a used CNC lathe. It did not come with a chip conveyor/coolant tank. I'm considering supplying mist coolant. I'm not necessarly looking to get maximum throughput from the machine. I'm...
12
12

Kysor Johnson model R saw questions
I bought a K-J model R saw to use when I move my stock rack to the warehouse side of the shop, I'll keep my old saw on the shop side. I'm currently cleaning, rewiring and re-working the hydraulics for...
4
4

Renishaw vs. Marposs
thoughts on which one to get? Is any one of these better than the other? Why? Application is new Haas VF-3SS Thanks, -Martin Discover Milling & Machining Centers. Marposs is worldwide leader in...
3
3

SolidCAM or Mastercam
Read the Jon Banquer blog and make an informed decision! Jon Banquer San Diego, CA
9
9

Turret probles with a mazak QT-250
We have a QT-250 that periodically strips the gear from the servo motor that indexes the turret. The gear is milled into the shaft and turns a pricey 3 piece curvic that has the other part of the gear...
7
7

Helicoil vs. Recoil
Anyone have any quality issues with Recoil inserts ? It seems that the same company has both lables, and sometimes I get recoil in place of helicoil when I order from Mcmaster carr. The recoil inserts...
1
1

Nitrous Oxide Hydraulics?
At work we had a hydraulic accumulator with low charge pressure. The place is pretty bad about expecting someone to know how to do a job and expect them to do it without training. There is a pressure...
5
5

Hurco KMB1
I recently picked up an old Hurco KMB1, (Craigs list item), for home use. Everything seems to work but I'm not sure about the auto oiler. It seems to be controlled by a air solenoid valve operated by...
3
3

WTB: 1987 Mighty Comet VMC Install/Service/Maint. Manual
groupies: would like to find either a hard copy (clean original) or .pdf for the 1987 MIGHTY Comet A760 VMC; would like the installation/ service/maintenance manual for this equipment. this one is...
1
1

ON topic- More Y-axis OverVoltage- Random consistentcy frustration
Still fighting a Persistant Y-axis OverVoltage error. The machine will run fine for hours at a time, then suddenly alarm the Y-axis and shuts down. But here is a consistent symptom. Yet completely...
12
12

dprint
I have a yasnac mx3 control and am trying to run this program but keep getting an alarm 013 program error no address. Does anyone know if there is a parameter or something i need to set to be able to...
10
10

Milltronics,Fadals, Hurcos
I have used Fadals since 1984 The turcite used to peel off the box way machines. Had better luck w/linear way machines, just not as robust as Mazacks. My ex foreman ,who I sold my machines and Orlando...
2
2

Alternative software for Gravograph MG20 Jewel
Hello, I'm looking for alternative software for Gravograph MG20 Jewel engraver mashine. I'm intrested in software not from Gravograph.
1
1

Questions That An Official OneCNC Crapware Shill Won't Answer
Posted to Practically Worthless Machinist by "Seymour Dumore" who purchased OneCNC crapware only to have to go right out and purchase FeatureCAM to get the job done. He's not the only one who got...
27
27

info? Dyna Myte 2800 CNC mill
I am looking at one of these mills locally. Dyna Myte 2800 CNC tabletop milling machine. Looks to be in excellent used condition. I'm wondering what's in that big cabinet on the back of it. Does it...

Help! How do you CNC a solidworks spline??
Hi guys, I have a file with a spline cut in it, it looks like a half of an ellipse. I'm using a Prototrak. When I save a DXF and use it to generate the toolpath, I get a series of lines instead of a...
6
6

Machinists Josb in Iraq
Immediate openings available for positions in Iraq, with potential annual income opportunities of $90,000. LSI is looking for skilled Machinists who put pride and excellence into their work. If you...

Dongle issues: parallel dongle, no parallel ports on computer
So, my SurfCam uses a paralle dongle, I've had it that long... My latest set of computers ( I am using notebooks for a lot of my stuff) no longer have parallel ports. SurfCam wants $$ to replace my...
12
12

fanuc oi mc control and pcmcia cards - help
We just put in a new CNC with a fanuc oi control. Our last 5 machines have been cinci's and the control is new to me. Currently, we have all our cinci's and a slave computer on a network and I can...
4
4