A hacker at work? IP 80.46.128.141

And you seem not to have kept in mind the comments made at the time of the last re-introduction of your posited Big-K, to the effect that you had missed something elementary and that had you properly understood the basics the so-called Big-K factor would have been an irrelevance, IIRC. Ergo, there is nothing to challenge!

Kindly tell the group where I am wrong in this.

Reply to
Me

...every time he keys up the 27 MHz gear in his Land Rover?

Pray, do tell.

Reply to
Me

Martin wrote about Mr Bean'allegations about port attacks:

We can live in hope, then!

Reply to
Me

He's been a bit quiet.. maybe someone playing with hacking tools with IP

212.21.118.235 has had an effect :)
Reply to
huLLy

Just to get something straight in my mind after an evening spent on the special brew.

Can anyone tell me whether it is true that some people reveal their IP address every time they post to USENET ?

Many Thanks,

Gareth.

Reply to
Gareth Rowlands

You mean like dsl-80.46.128.141 access.uk.tiscali.com I believe that was yours on this post....take care, Ross

Reply to
Ross Mac

Woops....that one belongs to half baked bean....now we have the glasses on.... I believe yours is wards.force9.net 1071608299 (212.159.3.244) Posted on (Tue, 16 Dec 2003 20:58:19 GMT)..... My appoligies on the error....Ross

Reply to
Ross Mac

Usually, yes. Your IP address at the time you posted this was

212.159.3.244.

Mike.

Reply to
Mike Mann

[[snip snip]]

well, no...

but you could have said a lot less !

Reply to
class_a_zpk_12wpm_unlike_2800

hmmmm...

me thinks we have a 15year old thinking that he's part of a remake of reservoir (capacitor) dogs.

Reply to
class_a_zpk_12wpm_unlike_2800

Yeah, when Airy and Darkie square off it's like your grade school kids on the playground !!! Not much creativity there, just a lot of noise!!

Reply to
Ross Mac

anyone who reverts to lowlife gutter cornerboy language can never win an argument and only shows their cb tendencies.

Reply to
class_a_zpk_12wpm_unlike_2800

Read it again. Texas is not 'my' state. Can't be held accountable for where my in-laws move to after I married their sister ;-)

daestrom

Reply to
daestrom

So true!.....My step father was a ham for over 50 years and I was always impressed with the class he and his fellow hams had on-air......Ross

Reply to
Ross Mac

How did Texas become a "Tard State".....how about an elaboration on your rhetoric......Just curious, though, I should know better than to ask!!!

Reply to
Ross Mac

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 15:20:06 -0000, "Martin" Gave us:

Hey, dingledorf, port scanning is NOT causing the computer to "perform" any function other than a return as to whether the port is open or not. That occurs at the network level, and no access is made to any computer data or programs.

BONE up on tcp/ip. Port scanning is required. Your ISP does it all the time. So do others. Guess what... It's legal.

Reply to
DarkMatter

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 20:56:38 GMT, Gareth Rowlands Gave us:

EVERY post you make to usenet has a header. EVERY header of EVERY post made to usenet has YOUR (the sender's) information in it.

You can falsify a lot of it, but you have no control over the part that identifies the sender to the rest of the world. That way, if you commit malicious acts, they can come find yer lame ass.

Every time you hit a web site, your IP address is reported to their logs.

Your IP address is NOT a big thing. It is ALSO revealed in your instant message client, AND in your IRC Chat client when you are in chat.

Your IP address is NOT a big deal, sheesh.

The AIRYhead Beanbag started all this baby bullshit?

Reply to
DarkMatter

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 21:49:10 GMT, "Ross Mac" Gave us:

And to think that three months ago, YOU were clueless on this as well.

Reply to
DarkMatter

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 22:13:13 GMT, "Ross Mac" Gave us:

snip

That's not enough.

Reply to
DarkMatter

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 22:50:53 GMT, "Ross Mac" Gave us:

Said the brainless, Usenet twit.

Reply to
DarkMatter