A hacker at work? IP 80.46.128.141

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 23:20:25 GMT, gzfw_pkearn_zfws@rae_gone__crock_takes_over.eircom.ru.br.net (class_a_zpk_12wpm_unlike_2800) Gave us:

I do not have to measure up to ANY of your, E-1 grade, unsolicited, unqualified, unintelligent bullshit assessments, little boy.

You fall in *under* the realm of a "CBer". They have more character than a lame f*ck like you will ever have. That makes you a *REAL* low life f*ck!

Reply to
DarkMatter

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 23:30:17 GMT, "Ross Mac" Gave us:

So, what the f*ck happened to your lame ass then?

Reply to
DarkMatter

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 23:53:35 GMT, "Ross Mac" Gave us:

No... you should learn to read, dipshit.

It says "Lone 'tard State", ya clueless twit.

Reply to
DarkMatter

spln!lex!extra.newsguy.com!lotsanews.com!news2.euro.net!news2.euro.net!newsfeed.multikabel.nl!skynet.be!landlord!wards.force9.net.POSTED!lightfox.plus.com%news

There is the IP address you were using when you posted this article.

Reply to
Floyd Davidson

Not unless you are part of the internet (eg. are an ISP).

The IP address that is commonly reported to web site logs is the IP address of the ISP's router you are connected to - not the one assigned to your box. The web site admin could probably request it if they wanted their logs to be blooming huge - but most don't.

Quite true. Millions of people have them!. ;-)

Reply to
Cameron Dorrough

Not true. An good deal of info goes with each request (more or less depending on your browser), including IP, referring page (if any) and browser name/version. However, many browsers will allow you to fake the last, as many brain-dead sites refuse to answer to anything except MSIE. In fact, if you let your Opera browser self identify, microsoft.com will add tabs at the beginning of the lines to make the display look like crap, allegedly because Opera requires this massaging. In fact, if you tell Opera to identify as MSIE, you get a perfectly readable page back.

For the simplest proof that your IP is passed, look at

-- it reflects your IP back to you. Google for something like "browser parameters passed" and you'll find other sites which will reflect back all that your browser passes. There are perhaps twenty items.

Samples:

Other sites will display additional parameters.

Reply to
kashe

message

Thanks for the detail - it's very interesting... but the statement I was responding to was "Every time you hit a web site, your IP address is recorded in their *logs*." (emphasis added).

I do realise that all kinds of information is passed to the browser for use if required, but unless the site uses scripting of some kind (including cookies) to record the data for their own use, it is *not* recorded in their web site logs by default. If they did, the logs would be enormous and contain large amounts of duplicate data.

I hope this helps,

Cameron:-)

Reply to
Cameron Dorrough

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 17:28:53 +1100, "Cameron Dorrough" Gave us:

Access logs ARE huge. I hope this helps.

Reply to
DarkMatter

Your squirming below, with its attendant equivocation and straw men fails to save the face that you undoubtedly lost by your assertion that e^(-jwt) decreases with increasing time.

Your attempt to misinterpret as below fails miserably, because the size, or magnitude, remains as unity. The angle changes, and at PI radians, the direction is negative, but the size remains as unity, as always.

Your rather silly squirming does show one interesting thing, and that is the true value of the M3/CB Fools' Licence. If all the lead instructors make such appalling gaffes as you have done, and then squirm and twist the truth as you continue to do below, then it raises serious questions as to the tuition that the M3/CB Fools' Licence candidate is receiving.

It is important that in any technical training that the truth be told. Perhaps it is no wonder that your protégés take so long to go through the mill to get to the RAE when otherwise-unqualified self-taught

14-year-olds have been tackling and then passing the RAE with facility for years. Being self-taught they will not have been misled by technical nonsense and diversionary tactics such as you employ below?

Did you yourself not hold one of these Fools' Licences? Perhaps this explains your inability to grasp the truth on technical matters and your tendency to twist the truth in order to save face? Hardly the sort of behaviour to engender confidence in those who are your pupils, is it, OM?

As to your comment below that, "If the angle is pi radians, it isn't rotating." are you speaking in support of my criticism of your behaviour and attitude or against it? Surely your joint degrees in electronics and mathematics will have taught you that a rotating thing will be instantaneously at specified angles? Unless of course your OU degree was only about Cookery?

I am sorry, OM, but the increasingly bizarre things that you have come out with recently, coupled with the gratuitous emotional remarks below, and considering your boast about your two degrees and your position as a lead instructor, lead me to be concerned that you may be losing your marbles. If so, then I won't discuss with you further. There is nothing to be gained by seeming to argue with those who are mentally ill. Perhaps you could let us all know on this point?

Reply to
Airy R. Bean

"Airy R. Bean, village idiot" made a fool of himself again in message news:brp3mp$5qh5l$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-217727.news.uni-berlin.de... < crap snipped >>

What is there to be gained by using sock puppet anagrams of his name then, retard? ...(_!_)...

Reply to
Frank Turner-Smith G3VKI

I think he imitates what he hears on all those "gangsta" movies because he thinks it sounds hard!

How juvenile.

73 de G3NYY
Reply to
Walt Davidson

By spawning not one, but *two* George Bushes!

73 de G3NYY
Reply to
Walt Davidson

It is less moronic than the boring, repetitive crap that you keep posting in response and which we all have to pay for. Shame on you for keeping up this paranoid obsession. Killfile the bugger and give us all a rest from your stupid responses. BTW I havent seen the naff words 'nugatory' and 'exemplar' in your posts recently. Interspersing your posts with useless words seems to be another of your paranoid obsessions. Do you think you will ever grow up?

Sam

Reply to
Ephram Snotwobbler Jr

Nah, he said 'Tard' not 'retard'

Reply to
Frank Turner-Smith G3VKI

212.159.3.244 ring any bells?

vy 73

Andy, M1EBV

Reply to
Andy Cowley

Sure. Well maybe. Checking your headers, yours shows:

Which resolves to (unless I mucked something up) ptb-nnrpp01.plus.net

Note that this isn't perfect as some servers substitute their own name into the NNTP-Posting-Host: tag.

Reply to
Keith R. Williams

Let's have a look at the logs from my website. They are huge !

I once wrote a document called "NNTP for Virgins" which was about getting the NNTP server up and running in TNOS and JNOS.

Here are two little extracts from the logs where someone has gone to a search engine looking for something else:

a065163.dialin.hansenet.de - - [07/Nov/2003:02:42:15 +0000] "GET /amrad/nntp4v.htm HTTP/1.1" 200 27547 "

results.aspx?ps=ba%3d(0..15)0........%26co%3d(0..15)6.3.200.2.5.10.1.3. %26pn%3d1%26rd%3d0%26&q =little+virgins+bbs&ck_sc=1&ck_af=1" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1)"

So hostname a065163.dialin.hansenet.de went to the search engine search.msn.de looking for the "little virgins bbs"

cache-loh-ac05.proxy.aol.com - - [23/Oct/2003:19:43:06 +0100] "GET /amrad/nntp4v.htm HTTP/1.0" 200 27547 "

query=what+i+want+is+virgins&location=uk&isinit=true&submit.x=33& submit.y=14""Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; AOL 8.0; Windows 98)"

The AOL user who was making use of cache-loh-ac05.proxy.aol.com on 23rd Oct at 19:43:06 went to aolsearch.aol.co.uk using as the search term "what i want is virgins"

If the IP address does not resolve to a hostname, then the dotted quad address is substituted instead !

209.17.161.144 - - [06/Nov/2003:22:01:09 +0000] "GET /linux/msfclock/ HTTP/1.1" 200 3530 "
" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1)"

The above user was looking at a page about an MSF decoder for Linux having linked there from a menu page.

73, G.
Reply to
Gareth Rowlands

That's pretty rich, coming from a person who signs himself as "Ephram Snotwobbler Jr".

73 de G3NYY
Reply to
Walt Davidson

DarkMatter wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

But computer data processing can very rapidly strip unwanted and duplicate data from the processed logs - funny, that is what computers are very good at :-)

Now exactly how do the spam harvesters get your addresses - lots of ways of course - but one way is from the logs of suspect web sites.

Geoff

Reply to
Geoff

This is what I am wondering has happened !

; DiG 9.2.2 -x 212.159.3.244

244.3.159.212.in-addr.arpa. 86400 IN PTR ptb-nnrpp01.plus.net.

; DiG 9.2.2 lightfox.plus.com

lightfox.plus.com. 86400 IN A 212.56.88.9

So it could be that some isp's reveal their customer's identity in the NNTP posting host line, but others dont !

Many thanks to all for the help !

73, Gareth.
Reply to
Gareth Rowlands