Flip Kwikset left-hand lock knob to right-hand keyhole reversal

Those five inch latches are not a common part. I've used maybe one of them in the 21 years I've been a locksmith. I still have one or two around some where, probably out in the service van.
Yes, replace the latch and put the old lock back is a valid thing to do. Someday perhaps you can get the cylinders inverted.
Reply to
Stormin Mormon
cylinder, then why are all the
order to rotate
CY: Doug, she's describing a knob lock.
(which contains the
the bolt), and
CY: Doug, the customer is working on a knob lock.
part together. Now
deadbolt mechanism.
CY: Doug, if you invert the indoor and outdoor parts, you lock yourself into the house. And let anyone turn the knob and come in. You're not sounding very knowledgable.
Reply to
Stormin Mormon
because Kwikset doesn't need to. your links should be self explanatory. once the cylinder is removed, it can be re-installed any way needed..
Reply to
Key
home depot would have probably popped the cylinders out of the entry locks for you, if you would have just asked ? then after you installed the locks on your doors, you could have just popped them back in the way they needed to be.
g'day
Reply to
Key
"Stormin Mormon" <cayoung61-&spamblock*-@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:45aaea67$0$4937$ snipped-for-privacy@roadrunner.com...
hmmm? I have poped out a cylinder with a screw driver before when I misplaced the tool..
Reply to
Key
not really :-) an upside down keyway traps dirt and debris that can get into the top springs, and cause problems down the road. an upside down keyway traps dirt and debris that can also causes restriction on the pins movement. not to mention the help of gravity to help allow the pins manipulating freely.
Reply to
Key
Here's a guy telling you how to pope a cylinder:
However, if you really want to remove a Kwikky knob lock cylinder without damaging the clips, you need two screw drivers. Thin ones, like jewlers' screw drivers.
Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Site Timeline