DXF creation causes crash

Each time I create a DXF file from a ProE drawing (using pro 2001) proe terminates. Therefore I have to reboot to create the next one, which causes her to terminate, bla blah blah it gets rather tedious when youre trying to knock out a batch of 30 drawings!

Anyone else experienced/fixed this problem in 2001? I wondered what else I might not be able to export so i tried to create some IGES files of the compnents associated with the drawings in question. ProE crashed in in case too, but also failed to create in IGES file that could be opened.

Any help with this matter much appreciated!

Martin

Reply to
Martin Rees

I found the folowing solution on prpesite.com:

Note there is a bug concerned with exporting a DXF file to large directory paths. Apparently old builds of Pro/E R2001 crashes when the entire pathname exceeds 64 characters. This is solved in build 2003010.

Reply to
Martin Rees

That would be better spelt proesite.com!

Reply to
Martin Rees