ATFE to produce anti-rocketry video

We were discussing collateral damage vs. terrorism. I don't know why you are pursuing this tangent, as everything we have discussed has been relative to our definition of evil.

You assume incorrectly. And in a most condescending manner, as well.

Reply to
Kurt Kesler

How about the incompetent usenet poster who doesh't know which shuttle was destroyed...

Bob Kaplow

Switzerland was left alone in both world wars because they had everyone's MONEY!

Bob Kaplow

That's true, I think. There is the issue of where the responsibility lies for the death of innocents, as well. "Terrorists" usually claim responsibility, while military folk usually disperse responsibility into the chain of command... just following orders, etc.

Isn't that the intention? Under the propaganda, one wonders.

I'm posing questions. The assignment of 'evil' is based on the notion that purposefully and knowingly committing an act that kills innocents is evil. I suppose that is naiive. And no, I doubt that any of this is black and white.

No magic solution. Just wariness about propaganda, politicians, and a watching out for establishments that have a habit of throwing people away for little or no good reason.

Reply to
Dwayne Surdu-Miller

True. One submarine or destroyer worth of nuke missles could turn the entire middle east into a huge glass sheet and permanently end the conflict.

Bob Kaplow

Reply to
Dwayne Surdu-Miller

Yup. In that respect, the human animal is pretty dismal, and the future is bleak.

Still, there's always hope. And that can always be stomped out too, so there's still lots of work to be done.

Then there's rocketry.... uplift> >

Reply to
Dwayne Surdu-Miller

A most overlooked fact by the media and those wishing to bash the U.S.

Wrong. Intent determines who is evil.

Randy

Reply to
Randy

It's much simpler than that. There are silos all over Arkansas. Only a couple of ICBMs ends all aruguments.

Randy

Reply to
Randy

: ) Randy

Reply to
Randy

ABSOLUTELY TRUE!!

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

Is that a rhetorical question? :-D

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

Oh great, another troll crawls out of the woodwork to spew some brainless socio-political drivel.

Reply to
RayDunakin

Hmmm, a sniper rifle shooting into a cockpit..........are cockpit windows bulletproof? If not the money they waste on this test could have bought a bunch.

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

I was merely joining the conversation. Admittedly, this is the wrong forum. But I'm simply responding to a related post. Attack the others on this thread if you'd like to pretend to be fair. Obviously, fairness isn't your aim.

Any insulting labels I can apply to you and your drivel? Any personal attacks? Any knee-jerk pukes?

You're obviously better at name-calling than I, so I guess you're the one to ask. Does your message enhance this discussion in any manner?

RayDunak> A trained recruit, especially a fighter pilot or a bomber crew, can be a

Reply to
Dwayne Surdu-Miller

I am sure they have those files in the archives somewhere. Look over by the "Arc".

Reply to
Kurt Kesler

Many commercial US airports have runways and flight patterns that reequire airlines to fly over public highways at low speeds and altitudes with massive fuel loads and hundreds of inocent passengers. Your van might attract attention after it is too late.

Alan

Reply to
Alan Jones

The given scenario does not even mention warheads. Even if they were lucky enough to hit the aircraft with a HPR, the kill probability would be quite low. Of course if the pilot notices the impact, he will abort the flight and land as soon as possible, possibly canceling the flight and inconveniencing hundreds of people.

Yes, I have asked who is behind this "vendetta" and why. It may be as simple as an HPR flyer running off with a BATFE officials wife. But now that the "vendetta" has developed, it may just be a face saving effort for the BATFE. They must be the laughing stock of all the other government agencies, especially those in law enforcement and security. I can just see the BFI sticking it to them, "You BATFE guys can't even win a simple lawsuit against a bunch of sniveling hobbyists!" Da Judge is probably telling the BATFE privately that he would like to rule in their favor, but you have to give me something to work with, anything, just make something up. So they do. Now I'm sure the guy running around buying HPR supplies for their demonstration is a good person just following his orders. I don't know how to stop a "vendetta" that has spun out of control like this one, but they should stop it before they get hurt, or hurt others.

Alan, Just my $0.02 for your amusement.

Reply to
Alan Jones

Switzerland is hardly an exception, its just more supporting evidence. They have had peace because its too tough a nut to crush for any reasonable reward. I heard a story from a co-worker who has a geologist friend in Boulder that was traveling in the Alps and passed an odd rock formation, stopped to take a look, and found that it was hollow fiberglas. It was a hidden emplacement for an artillery piece that was sighted on the valley below. I have also heard that all of the bridges are built with places for the destruct charges to be laid. They used to require everyone in the army (i.e. just about everybody) to keep their rifles and 500 rounds of ammo in their homes. This surely doesn't qualify as pacifist.

Brad Hitch

Reply to
Brad Hitch

Reply to