ATFE to produce anti-rocketry video

"shockwaveriderz" wrote in news:b8SdnXVh snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

If all a terrorist needed to do was "threaten" an aircraft with a lot of smoke (not condensation -- contrail is an abbreviation for condensation trail, and refers to the "cloud" formed by the condensation of water vapor in a jet engine's exhaust), a salvo of much less than HPR motors would suffice.

Next hypothetical scenario that purports to justify BATFE's position on HPR, please.

len.

Reply to
Leonard Fehskens

Except it isn't the land that's the cause of the conflict. Its the PEOPLE.

Bob Kaplow

Haven't we dumped all those silos?

Bob Kaplow

Some points to ponder....

Not a major feat to deploy in the front yard.

Hmmm. Fake an attack and have them destroy their own infrastructure.

I'm thinking neutron.

Ok, admittedly, I'm not up to date on their last major battle, what was it?

Why would anyone attack them? What do they have that would be desireable.... other than great looking women? ; )

Randy

Reply to
Randy

The numbers have been reduced. Last time I was at one about 4 years ago, there were several dozen still active.

Randy

Reply to
Randy

Naaahhh...the Swiss Army Knife is just a cover.

The 'secret' weapon is the Swiss *Navy* Knife!

Reply to
Anonymous

You need some other reason???

David Erbas-White

Reply to
David Erbas-White

Nawwwww that's good enough for me. ; )

Randy

Reply to
Randy

How about all those unclaimed, numbered bank accounts...? :-)

Reply to
Len Lekx

Minor error. Typing to fast and in too big of a hurry. What's the bimbo's excuse?

Reply to
Arnold Roquerre

I bet your wife gave you a great big pat on the head. After all you are so well trained. Did you wag your little tail in gratitude? After all, you showed her what a right thinking, sensitive, caring, feeling male (term used loosely here) you are. Hell, I bet you even put down the toilet seat after you piss.

Reply to
Arnold Roquerre

"Randy" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

Minuteman III silos are still active and in service,IIRC. "Peacekeeper" are still active,too,I believe.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

My wife's a psychologist/ profiler.

She told me when I posted the message that this would be your response. Then she explained your pathology.

It's one of the funniest damn thing I've ever heard, and now that you've fulfilled her predictions, it's even funnier.

Zooty

Reply to
zoot

You tell 'im Arnie! Real men don't even LIFT the toilet seat BEFORE they piss, right? Just smack that bitch around if she complains, eh? Her and those damn kids too! Hell, a restraining order is just her way of tellin' you she LOVES bein' smacked around, right?

Reply to
BB

around, right?

You guys have toilet seats? All I have is a sharp stick,.... no wait, wrong thread. Sorry.

Joel. phx

Reply to
Joel Corwith

ROFL!

Zooty

Reply to
zoot

He failed or refused to inform the vendor of that at the time of purchase. He was purchasing as a private citizen "for a known nefarious purpose" ie to make weapons.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Assume a Cessna 172 side view or front view (not top or bottom) Assume a "preditor".

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Er... he wasn't required to.

Sorry, agents make illegal buys all the time.

All they need to buy machine guns without a permit is advance permission from their superiors... much less a gray area like the muddled mess surrounding larger hobby motors.

Reply to
Chuck Stewart

Ok. Cessna 172 data is easy, but why a minumized-profile scenario? I was working under the "van parked along the runway axis" scenario.

If you're not under the flight path then hitting the target drops from "nearly impossible" to "frickin' ridiculous".

BTW... launch exhaust output from 12 J's vs. the volume of even a large van gives... interesting... pressure numbers. Interesting, that is, when you consider the heat content....

And what have predatory editors got to do with it? ;)

A Predator drone, however, has a few available stats.

Reply to
Chuck Stewart