NAR BoD declines Wickman leadership in legislative action

Vague statement. Of course we want to know EXACTLY what the current laws are and what is being proposed. But you are saying, to complete your analogy, is that we should not even walk down that alley, day of night.

Again, everyone can buy and fly anything they want right now up through small J's (easy access). Those without LEUP's that have a friend or dealer with a permit that is willing to help at a launch can also buy and fly restricted access. The lone folks without a club or dealer are stuck without large J+ (as they were before 5/24 if they didn't have storage).

-John

Reply to
John DeMar

Now, Terry, you know better than that! Whose side are you on anyhow? ;)

NAR and TRA have clearly and specifically described the strategy and it does not include acceptance of the HacKed S.724 as law.

-John

Reply to
John DeMar

But it definitely "passes through" that stage.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

That may be the way _you_ complete it; I'm putting on my night vision gear!

Yep, easy access is your friend :*)

Patrick

Reply to
IceAge

nice sentiments throughout your thoughtful post, Gary. Well said indeed.

- iz

Reply to
izzy

I am not a business. I have no business hours. QED.

BTW, this post makes either 5 or 6 (not positive about Trip) NAR BoT members that post to RMR. How many of TRA or ASRA board members post here?

Bob Kaplow

There is no 62.5g limit. Until and unless we lose the lawsuit and the NPRM battle, there will not be a 62.5g limit. To put a limit on what is now not limited is foolish.

Bob Kaplow

What he said. Just because it's illegal, doesn't mean it can't happen. Plenty of dead bodies to verify that. And dead bodies rarely complain...

Bob Kaplow

Oh, just great, Bob. Now you sound like the opposition! They're trying to over regulate APCP because it "could be" used as an explosive or a weapon. Now you're telling us that just because the police haven't turned secret, and haven't stormed Mark Simpson's house "yet", that it "could happen", and we should be afraid because we could be next.

When you write stuff like this you really appear to be an idiot.

steve

Reply to
default

But it *is* official NAR policy and practice. TRA too.

EXACTLY like their ATF requests of manufacturers, vendors, consumers for PROPELLANTS.

THAT is the central problem attractring the authorities like rabid dogs smelling fresh kill for the chomping. A way to expand jurisdiction with minimal resistence because someone already did most of the work and socialization for them!!

Just look at all the rmr posters acting as if ATF permits and 62.5g are done deals!!

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Of course, the ATF's view is that this is an exemption, not a limit. No exemption means no APCP motors at all without a LEUP. The only reason we still have "easy access" is because the ATF had decided not to enforce it -- for now.

Reply to
RayDunakin

Where in the rules does it say you have to be a business to get an LEUP?

BTW, my application, submitted over 6 years ago, for business hours lists "NONE".

Bob Kaplow

That is a simpkle statement of "misdirection" to distract you from your parallel rights under 55.141-a-8 which are FAR more comprehensive.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

john: I respectfully disagree....maybe this is semantics? If the NAR/TRA is using s.724 HK as the basis to get bigger and better results then to me that means they have effectively accepted it.... IF they didn't effectively accept it, then they would have allowed it to die earlier in the process.....or let it die now..... The movers and shakers behind s.724 HK is now NAR/TRA......

Heres what Mark said here on RMR on 8/27:

  1. The best chance of successfully passing legislation remains first to pass S724 out of the Senate. Failure to do so will be fatal to the effort. Suggestions that our efforts there are out of synch with the Senator's wishes and direction on this are completely off base. Suggestions that a new bill or further amended versions of S.724 might be coming are also unfounded. These suggestions lack any practical means to move such legislation through a very crowded fall agenda in the Senate.

  1. The House path remains to launch a companion bill which addresses the issues raised around the amended S.724. We continue work with multiple House members on preparing such a bill for introduction in the fall session. That work includes contacts with staff for sponsors, co-sponsors and key committees.

That seems to me to indicate that they have effectively accepted s.724 HK as the vehicle on which to push forward....

  1. get s.724 HK out of the senate.......
  2. get a House s.724 tech corrections bill out
  3. house-senate conference
  4. Rocketry Nirvana will result......

shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

the Hatch-Kohl abortion passing the Senate is bad

on the floor, S724 with the notification provisions can be discussed discussion on the floor is good

a hold prevents discussion on the floor, therefore the hold is bad Schumer and Lautenberg indicated the hold, their action is bad

it is as simple as that

see

scrolling down to the section heading "S724 Compromise Bill"

- iz

Reply to
izzy

You don't really expect a straight answer, do you? ;)

Wickman and his followers are at least consistently inconsistent, if nothing else.

-John

Reply to
John DeMar

Observing what is happening now, and extrapolating that experience into a world view can hardly be called, "...fear-mongering is to reduce the overall participation in the hobby at all levels."

I say look at reality and act accordingly.

Patrick

Reply to
IceAge

John DeMar wrote: Now stop budding in! ;)

"I thought that it was 'butting' in" (he says while butting in). ;-)

Mark Simpson

Right now I have no intention of renewing the thing when it expires. I'm hoping that either the legislation and/or the lawsuit make it unnecessary by then. Otherwise I'll probably fly hybrids and clusters of D12s...

Bob Kaplow

Jerry Irvine wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.verizon.net:

Anything worth doing at all is worth doing to excess.

len.

Reply to
Leonard Fehskens