No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!

Bob K. is obsessed to the point of irrationality when it comes to TRA, but I don't believe he's a liar. The person who told him this story might be, though. Or that person may have only told Bob half the story and left out crucial information.

I've seen no evidence of that.

raydunakin

Actually, while he was Jewish, he was not a Holocaust survivor, while Clary, of course, was.

Here's a link:

which includes:

"In 1965 Klemperer was approached through his agent with for a role in a new television series set in a World War II prisoner of war camp. Having played a number of "German Roles" through his career, Klemperer was not initially surprised to be offered such a part, until it was explained that the series was written as a situation comedy. Even in the days before political correctness was keenly observed, there were a number of concerns regarding the propriety of making light of the Holocaust. Klemperer, however, was not the only Jewish actor to accept a place in the cast of that series, "Hogan's Heroes". John Banner, who portrayed the bumbling Nazi Sgt. Schultz was a Viennese born Jew, and Robert Clary, who portrayed "Frenchie" (Louie) LeBeau had survived internment at Auschwitz. Klemperer, Clary and Banner were unified in their belief that as long as the series dealt with POW camps, and not the holocaust death camps, nor in any way diminish the horrors of the genocide of the war, it was as fair for funniness as other war-time comedies, like "Operation Petticoat" or "McHale's Navy"."

Reply to
bit eimer

Yeah but I don't think Bob is large enough to pull off the Shultz thing. Besides, Bob knows quite a bit. ; )

Randy

<randyolb

The last time I saw Clary I was flipping channels and he was on some soap opera.

Randy

<randyolb

Bob did indeed pass the name along to me, and I've fired off emails to a couple of BoD members, as I said my intent was.

Don't bother asking me for the name; Bob provided it in confidence and asked that I keep it as such, a request I will honor.

I'll admit, I'm not hip on membership revocation, and especially not permanently, with some possible notable exceptions.

Regardless, I think EVERY membership that's questioned should go before the BoD, and not be an automatic response from HQ.

That's my opinion.

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski

He was on "Days of Our Lives" for many years. Most recently he was on "The Bold and the Beautiful" but that was over 10 years ago. He's about 80 now.

Reply to
Roy Green

It appears that Bruce still believes otherwise... otherwise why would he even have any _say_ over a membership renewal?

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

It will be interesting to know the circumstances and end result of the BOD's response to you, even without the name being revealed. I sure hope the ways of the past are behind us. One individual should, (let me correct that, "must never") never be allowed to wield that much power again.

Fred

Reply to
W. E. Fred Wallace

Whoops, I've just been corrected on this. I'm not sure who is "officially" running TRA HQ these days, but someone told me that his daughter that used to have the job has got married and moved out of the house. So it looks like Bruce is now the HQ manager, although I don't know who TRA is actually paying to do the job.

time flies!

Bob Kaplow

There is something SERIOUSLY wrong with an organization that has to keep a database of people that aren't allowed to join or renew their memberships.

Bob Kaplow

That statement is itself irrational since Bob only comments in responce to actual identifiable ACTS of TRA and its leaders.

On what basis do YOU make THAT claim?

"half the story and left out crucial information."

Jerry

"In all truthfulness I would rather read the worst of Jerry's diatribes than the obsequious sycophantic apologies of Mr. Dunakin"

- Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

"Ray, sometimes I wonder about you."

- Phil Stein

"It's very, very clear that no one is going to convince anyone on this topic. I suspect things like this are like a divorce, where both sides portray the other as evil incarnate - but no one but the people actually involved will ever know what actually happened."

- Scott Schuckert

"Look how many times Ray has been verifiably (citing specifics) called a liar by several folks here and the label sticks well."

- Jerry

"I'll give you that..."

- Phil Stein

myopic

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Another scary thought that shows that something is SERIOUSLY wrong in Orem.

Bob Kaplow

The TRA BOD is fixated on rmr. I know because they told me at my kangaroo hearing for reinstatement of membership (denied). They had a two foot tall stack of rmr posts.

Two feet.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

"I see why you have a problem, Ray. You are an obsequious sycophant."

- iz

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

The person in question was not removd from TRA for safety violations, for fraud, because of a felony, or for any illegal action that I'm aware of.

Like John, Jim, myself, and many others, his only 'crime' was disagreing with Bruce.

Bob Kaplow

That is such an obvious point Ray MUST have missed it.

Jerry

"I see why you have a problem, Ray. You are an obsequious sycophant."

- iz

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Well, at least they didn't exaggerate and gave you the benefit of the doubt....(:-0)

Fred

Reply to
W. E. Fred Wallace

I don't know what the current practice is for a prefect signing new members up on the flying field, but as I understand it, after the launch, the prefect called up HQ to submit the registration(s), and it was bounced at that point.

Bob Kaplow

So he "illegally" OVERRULED a FIELD acceptance by a "valid, sanctioned representative of TRA."

Jerry

"In that sense, Tripoli has not yet gotten to where Francis always hoped it would go, but in fact, in many ways it is much closer now to what Francis always had in mind than it was 30 years ago. Maybe we will progress closer to that vision, but we won't get there rolling about in the wallow created by small self-centered minds that like to bitch about then past and enlist the impressionable in endeavors to bedevil those who are trying to move in a positive direction."

- Ken Good, TRA BoD

:)

"Using Tripoli logic that happened in the past (even if merely 5 minutes ago) and should be ignored. The leadership will "try" to do better. It might take a while, a decade or two, but we have made some progress today toward it. We discussed it on the secret listserv and agreed to disagree and move forward."

- Jerry Irvine

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Why would one do that? He is not HQ, his kid is :)

His phone call to the prefect was "extrea-legal".

:)

Reply to
Jerry Irvine