[Trolls} Received the holy grail and are silent

The packaging of the motors was updated to sho the aerotech designation, and the NAR S&T designation. Alas this too results in confision,b ecause the F39-6 tests as an F39-3 and the F39-9 tests as an F39-6.

So when I say "F39-6", which one am I talking about?

Bob Kaplow

I would say You were referring to a "F39-6".

That is what you said right? :)

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

How can they have results expectations without motor certification test data on delays?

Alan

Reply to
Alan Jones

I'd bet more of the TRA membership agree with Bob's definition of "better" than you think. Of course most sheeple just want to fly rockets and don't care about improving the organization.

No, I'd rather discuss engineering and science related issues. I have no ax to grind with the TRA. "Corrupt" may be too strong a word. There is certainly room for improvement in TRA and its leadership, and TMT. I do not advocate throwing the baby out with the bath water

There is need for certified delay test data, if you can't see it. I agree that providing the test data will not change the "fact" of the MAFA codes being "law" in most states, nor change the NFPA codes themselves.

This is a different issue that you should take up with the motor manufacture. At least the published NAR S&T delay data makes consumers aware of the product that they are using, while TMT hides any such discrepancy from the user. For the most part a manufactures motor designation is just a label, more marketing than truth. The certification test data establishes the performance of a motor and the specs that the manufacture must reasonably maintain to avoid decertification, liability, and fraud problems.

User error has ho bearing on motor testing and availability of results, unless such error is committed during the certification testing.

Alan

Reply to
Alan Jones

Bob,

Why aren't you complaining about the test data or the fact that the test results are 11 years old or the lack of the delay data? Could it be because NAT tested it?

I hope you are going to treat both organizations equally.

Reply to
Phil Stein

They do test them. It's pass/fail. If it passes, it is withiin the NFPA tolerance which IIRC is 20%.

Tell me what you think about this NAR cert data?

Notice it doesn't have what Bob has been complaining about not being in TMT test results and that it is 11 years old.

I just wanted to point that out. I'm satisfied with pass/fail.

Reply to
Phil Stein

Since in the past this has proven NOT to be the case even when they CLAIM they were tested, why should any one trust them?

Especially as a "recognized AHJ"?

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Do you have direct evidence of your lies?

Why should anybody trust you?

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Clerical work.

More clerical work.

He only handles the printing and mailing. He does not "control" the TR.

It's his magazine.

Again, just mailing stuff. Not "controlling".

I always do, I just wish it wasn't necessary so often.

Reply to
raydunakin

So again I have to ask, why did NAR approve this arrangement?

Reply to
raydunakin

I see no evidence of that.

Again you denigrate the membership simply because they disagree with you!

How is that relevant to what I said? I said that providing the delay test data will not alter the fact that delays are permitted to have up to 20% variation. That means that even you had the test data, you'd still have no guarantee of the precision you claim to "need".

So why is NAR certifying motors that don't fall within the required standards of variation?

User error is directly related to the perception (by some) that delays aren't accurate.

raydunakin

Wrong. As you well know that claim has never been proven.

You, on the other hand, have been proven a fraud, a liar, an illegal shipper, and a felon. Now, why should anyone trust you?

raydunakin

It's simple Ray.. Kaplow has no problem with NAR but will slam TRA if he heard from someone else's brother's friend that there might have been a test that this person didn't see 10 years ago!

Kaplow got booted from TRA (for whatever reason) and simply can not see that TRA is doing some good today.. it's blind hatred and that's all..

I sure would hate to be Kaplow's wife if she left the toilet seat down 10 years back.. He'd never let me forget it! ("I pee standing up, and you violated the Kaplow rule of leaving the seat up. I don't care if all the neighbor's wives think "seat down" is the right way - you'll live the "Kaplow way", and will change my email addr, as well as the plates on my car to include "seatup", just so you don't forget!)

Reply to
AZ Woody

We know that the NFPA codes say. What we don't know is the complete TMT test results.

FYI, expectation is a mathematical term used extensively in the field of optimal estimation.

What? Please post a link to comparable TMT cert data so that I can compare the two.

Just to be clear, I'm not satisfied with just pass/fail testing results.

Alan

Reply to
Alan Jones

Get past it, that's all you get..

Reply to
W. E. Fred Wallace

Your disregarding the proof in no way obviates it.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

That is clearly an unfair characterization since it was a Tripoli official who made publis the very irregularities Kaplow and others have noted.

WITH the evidence of cert lists vs test lists AND first hand insidier witness accounts.

Such as?

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Reply to
Phil Stein

Did you read my NAR Certification Dates post? How do you feel about that testing?

Reply to
Phil Stein

Why won't you show us the proof that you claim to have?

you do have it don't you?

jerry irvine wouldn't lie, would he?

Reply to
Dave Grayvis