[Trolls} Received the holy grail and are silent

Big deal -- what you said made no sense and wasn't relevant to anything.

raydunakin

How do you know? Are you even a member of TRA?

Yeah, but he's also pissed because TRA did hand him Chuck's head on a pike, and the rest of TRA didn't kiss his backside and beg forgiveness for not doing things Bob's Way.

So he should have known better than to behave like a spoiled child when he didn't get his way.

Since you apparently didn't understand, I'll explain it. It's possible to do the right thing (by correcting the problem) AND protect the org (by booting out the jerk who's publicly slandering it).

That's not what Bob wanted. He didn't want them to just "consider" his issue, no matter how reasonably. He wanted (and still wants) total capitulation. He wants his solution, his way, and nothing less. Just ask him!

raydunakin

Well, I must admit that as a convicted fraud, a proven liar, a failed businessman, and an ex-TRA member, you're an expert on losing respect and your membership. However, you lost your respect long before you lost your membership.

Let's see how long it is before Jerry edits this down to "you're an expert" and starts quoting it.

Reply to
raydunakin

Good question. I would welcome you or any one else investigating and finding out EXACTLY what it was that got me kicked out. I NEVER heard anything as a result of the Kangaroo Kourt session. Not even a letter upholding Kellys actions.

Bob Kaplow

Maybe You weren't kicked out. Have you tried paying your dues?

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Correct. And in 9 years not a single NIRA member has stepped up to take that job over. TRA permanently lost one of the oldest rocket clubs in the country.

Bob Kaplow

Yup. The renewal check and form (copied from the magazine IIRC, I never got a renewal in the mail for some reason) were mailed in April to TRA HQ, then in Alabama.

The check was returned to me from Utah, uncashed about 2 months later, in June, along with a 3-4 page rant from Kelly. A copy of the check was sent to the rest of the BOD, and to others, including at least one person who never was a TRA member or had anything to do with TRA.

BTW, the MAY issue of HPR had a list of prefects, and already had my name and address removed. And the ballots and handbook mailed in May never got to me either. The Kangaroo Kourt session wasn't until JULY...

I'll see if I can find it and re-submit it again :-)

Bob Kaplow

That alone must have been worth the stamp!

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

How do you know? Can you predict the future? Is it just a handful of old fossils stuck in the 1960's, and when they die off the club dies too?

Reply to
raydunakin

So you're not talking about anything current, yet you neglected to mention the year in order to make it sound like this is something that happened recently.

=E3

Reply to
raydunakin

How does Bob know? Are you for real with that question? It is quite a laugher!!!!! Lets talk about the situation right now without the crystal ball. No fossils that died, just people that for one reason or another lost interest or got burnt out. And the core NIRA people were a great bunch of guys. As you may know it is not always easy to get people to get involved in NAR section activities.

Reply to
Greg Cisko

Ray,

I don't really give a crap about Bob's beef with TRA, or your feelings about it either. I do take offense when you take a slam at a club (NIRA) that you know little to nothing about. A lot of good people have been, and still are, a part of NIRA. It may not be the greatest club in exsistence, and it's certainly not free from problems, but some of the best rocket people I've ever known I've met there.

Bob Wiersbe, Lifetime NIRA Member

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Reply to
Robert E. Wiersbe

If you have ever read a Kelly letter, he can go on for 3-9 pages and NEVER get to the point.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I am just glad Ray is being "called out" by EVERYBODY.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

So He is exactly like you, no wait a minute, He's not a felon.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Check again.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Why?

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Ok.. Since I've been in TRA, the HQ has been in Utah, so this must have happened 5+ years ago. You said you sent the renewal to Alabama

As someone so in tune with TRA, it couldn't have been that you used on old mailing address for HQ! That would imply you were acting on old and outdated information!

Contact the current pres of TRA if you would like to rejoin TRA (his email is on the TRA website). I see nothing in the bylaws (I have a hard copy here in front of me!) that prohibits Kaplow or flying fast food containers.

But if I were you, I'd really consider changing my email address so it doesn't contain "ImpeachTRABOD" before you try to rejoin.

Did you ever consider that the additional person copied on your 5+ year old letter might have been a lawyer? It probably wasn't just the check that got sent, but also the letter too, right?

Reply to
AZ Woody

Yes I am. Bob said "permanently". That means forever. But attitudes change, and membership turns over, and not everyone holds a grudge the way Bob does. So how does he know that the club will never again want to be involved with TRA? Even if every current member of that club feels as Bob does, someday those members will be gone, and if the club doesn't die out, there will be new members running things. How can he speak for what future generations may or may not do?

Reply to
raydunakin

Sorry, I meant no offense to the members of NIRA. I was just trying to point out that the only way Bob K. could know the future direction of the club is if the club was dying out. If the club is healthy it will likely last beyond the present generation, in which case Bob K. can't possibly speak for the choices those future members might make.

I regret that I was not more careful in my choice of words.

Reply to
raydunakin