Hannants under threat?

"Jules" wrote in news:ab%Zi.64300$7 snipped-for-privacy@fe3.news.blueyonder.co.uk:

I don't know whose knocking on your door but it isn't me. Every belief system has it's people who distort the meaning of the core beliefs.

I certainly don't get why you brought up the Jews and Muslims, trying to display tolerance?

It would seem very odd that you can tolerate peaceful members of a religion which is as violent as Islam is yet you have a great deal of anger at Christians for merely knocking on your door. I'll bet your attitude chnages with the imposition of the Caliphate.

Frank

Reply to
Gray Ghost

That is rude!!!!

Look up tossing off!

Reply to
Martin

They are responsible for the death of a young mum so when they went campaigning locally they got so much abuse it was funny

Reply to
Martin

Are they MORmONs, or JW mum killers?

I have never seen my local vicar going door to door trying to get more church goers, nor have the local evangelical church.

However we get the occasional mormons but no jws.

I really object to door to door religious salesmen.

Reply to
Martin

Good one!

Reply to
Martin

no the people knocking on my door are Christians...(mind you, had some good somes in the 80's)

The ones i know, very well, dont care that im a Athiest, but then i dont ram my thoughts down there throats...

I did like Desomd Decker and the isralites...

Reply to
Jules

7th day advent hoppists...and lots of nice old black people from some cult...who leave me a little booklet to look at.

me too, thank god!

yes, mind you, other week there was a load of bible bashers, inc 2 girls, both about 19, one seriously overweight, bad bad bad achne and hairy legs, the other...wow, v tall, blonde and HOT...

Reply to
Jules

Chritianity is a broad category of religions. I have no reason to doubt your particular branch has abandoned this hopeless concept, but there are many others who are still more than willing to kill anyone who doesn't agree with their particular brand of Chritianity. I also have a strong suspicion that even some of the larger, currently peaceful branches would be more than happy to revert to violence if they thought it would increase their worldly power.

Rob

Reply to
Rob van Riel

Oh dear - they are obsessed too!

LOL - that said I find Vicars usuably likeable, they tend to be interesting, quite often modellers too - usually railway.

Did you invite her in?

And what was she selling?

Reply to
Martin

interesting,

yes, quite jolly, i can actually talk about religion as long is its not preached to me, and that the other people with listen to why im a athiest.

i wish she had invited me in ;-)

Actually, when i get knocks on the door, i tell them i have a houseful of giant lizards, big snakes and huge spiders around the house, along with a few hundred model kits...for some reason once i mention the plastic kits, they usually refuse to come in.....wierd that

some religous stuff, but i was already getting into my car, so didnt actully speak to them.

Reply to
Jules

i collect those little religious books. i interviewed exene cervenka and she got me hooked. we love the really gory and violent ones. i have over 100 now so can i have it?

Reply to
someone

one of three bands to have a hit with the same song twice. name the other 2.

Reply to
someone

In the last few weeks California would have been glad to get some serious down pours.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
Bill Shuey

Chubby Checker: The Twist Bobby "Boris" Pickett: The Monster Mash

How's that, Meredith?

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

And they all moved away from me on the Group W bench...

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Amen brother!

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

now the two i wanted/

Reply to
someone

arlo said the truth on that was he had really bad gas.

Reply to
someone

Ensue - Oh Cheesy One, I started to read this thread and somehow lost track of it. Did Haunts actually sink into the sea or is it still standing?

Thanks,

Ray ===

Reply to
Ray S. & Nayda Katzaman

Still standing, thankfully. The major flood that was predicted wasn't actually as high as was expected, but it was a very near miss.

Reply to
Enzo Matrix