Best Rated threads in Model Railroad Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Templates for planning Kato UNITRACK?
I would like to plan a small layout using Kato Unitrack. It would be a big help if there was a set of templates available for the various track pieces. These can be copied and shuffled around to see...
14
14

Help with Patco Lowering kit
I recently re-read an article about lowering the MDC HOn3 locos, by Norm Suydam. I've been away from the hobby for a number of years, and recently have started working on it again. Yesterday I...
2
2

Hard shell scenery - paper towels and plaster
Need some advice... I'm starting my scenery and am using Woodland Scenics plaster cloth to form the basic shapes. I have a cardboard strip mesh underneath to support the cloth. I want to try using...
8
8

Lionel HO Challenger
A friend would like to know if anyone here used a Dremel on the chrome wheels to give this engine better pulling power?
6
6

"Rudley's" Super O Track Layouts
"Rudley's Track Layouts for Lionel Super 0" is a 24 page booklet put together by Joe Rudley in 1962. Joe was a Lionel dealer of note and also owner of the Sarasota Seashell and Train Museum in...
1
1

Boy's Life HO layout?
I'm trying to locate the plans for an HO train layout that appeared in Boy's Life magazine during the 1960's. It was built on a sheet of plywood. I'd appreciate any help with finding these plans....
23
23

How to repair the wiring in a lionel 1033 transformer
The power cord to my Lionel 1033 transformer is disconnected. I don't know where it needs to be re-connected inside the transformer. I have a broken solder point on the front left side of the panel...
1
1

Proto 2000 E7 - can we get back to the original question?
Well, this topic sure disintegrated quickly... there are a lot more off-topic responses here than useful ones! Is there anyone else out there who has a way of dealing with Mars Lights in Proto 2000 E...
8
8

Sealing Homasote Really Necessary?
From what I've read, sealing homasote to prevent the absorption of moisture seems to be a pretty standard practice, but is it really worthwhile in all cases? I live in an area (near Dallas, Texas)...
16
16

Rejuvenating old cork roadbed
One of my train buddies got a stash of old cork roadbed. It's rather dry and hard. Is there any good way to put some moisture back into it and make it flexible enough to use? Will it just dry out and...
12
12

? re: athearn genesis 2-8-2 mikado
Hi, I had to disassemble my Athearn genesis 2-8-2 mike in order to repair a wire that broke inside of the locomotive. Got that fixed with no problems, but now I'm having problems properly...
4
4

Athearn F7 wheels replace
Hi Sorry for me bad enlish I have buy the follow athearn F7 diesels The New models with Kadee couplers 1 x 3201 F7A SUPER PWR SANTA FE PASS 1 x 3002 F7B DMY SANTA FE PASS 1 x 3001 F7A DMY SANTA FE...
13
13

Lionel armature rewind
Found an old prewar Lionel 1661E locomotive that was in rough shape, trying to get it running again. Among the many problems is the armature windings are "grounding out" to the armature iron, which...
1
1

Selling Train Collection
Hello, I am new to this site. My father in law recently passed leaving a train collection of mostly pre war but some post war trains. Any ideas who might be interested in buying the whole collection?...
5
5

Which Would Be The Major Factors Responsible For Automotive Parcel Delivery Terminal Market Growth?
Download FREE PDF @ Automated parcel delivery terminals are the advanced delivery solutions, de ployed in populous areas including shopping malls, railway stations, walkwa ys and others. These are...

Back to the Penn Line Atlantic
Well, I got the whole thing assembled, and decorated, and it looked beautiful... but wouldn't run. It *had* been.... So I've been fighting shorts, and bad power packs, but now I've got a major...
43
43

DCC debate: Railcom or Transponding? Loconet or XpressNet?
Hello there, I am planning to get a DCC command station (I expect to have my first decoder-equipped locomotives this winter), so I stumbled upon some decisions to be made: First one: if I want two-way...
28
28

General Motors - Diesel Hydraulic GMDH-1
Anyone kitbashed one of these locos. Who has some drawings ? Charlie
48
48

Circuitron BD-1 and Tomar H-858?????
All Is it possible to make a Circuitron BD-1 and a Tomar H-858 love each other? The H-858 is a 3-colors-from-one-LED Signal. It has three wires - red, green and white. To make the LED light up, the...
13
13

Four-truck Shay
In the late 1980s I acquired a pristine brass Westside Model Company HOn3 four-truck Shay. The model is unpainted but according to the box it's a "Hassinger Lumber Company" locomotive. I'm familiar...
5
5