(AD) Countdown Hobbies Debt Elimination Offer

It says to pay your honest debts, good deal or bad.

Randy

Reply to
Randy

Fees.

Randy

Reply to
Randy

Kevin,

You've been great to do business with. FWIW, good luck whatever you end up doing.

Randy

Reply to
Randy

Thank you Randy. I appreciate you & your business, as well as the hundreds of other customers I've gotten to know over our 13 years in business.

Kevin

"4" Kevin Nolan Countdown Hobbies;

"3" NAR 16148 7 P.T. Barnum Square, Bethel, CT 06801-1838 "2" TRA 0943 Orders: 800-810-0281; Info: 203-790-9010 (voice/fax) "1" NARCONN/CTRA snipped-for-privacy@cs.com "0" NRHSA "Put Fun & Excitement in Your Life"

Reply to
Kevin Nolan

OK Ray, thank you for straightening me out.

Kevin

"4" Kevin Nolan Countdown Hobbies;

"3" NAR 16148 7 P.T. Barnum Square, Bethel, CT 06801-1838 "2" TRA 0943 Orders: 800-810-0281; Info: 203-790-9010 (voice/fax) "1" NARCONN/CTRA snipped-for-privacy@cs.com "0" NRHSA "Put Fun & Excitement in Your Life"

Reply to
Kevin Nolan

Actually that part is right. At least the universe has not imploded. Ray is still wrong.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Chris,

You still need to do a LOT more homework.

Kevin

"4" Kevin Nolan Countdown Hobbies;

"3" NAR 16148 7 P.T. Barnum Square, Bethel, CT 06801-1838 "2" TRA 0943 Orders: 800-810-0281; Info: 203-790-9010 (voice/fax) "1" NARCONN/CTRA snipped-for-privacy@cs.com "0" NRHSA "Put Fun & Excitement in Your Life"

Reply to
Kevin Nolan

The key point?

I have to admit a $3500 professional fee once in a while does feel superior to "working in the rocket business".

You might even have LESS chance of being jailed or fined!

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Cool. I want to do that on about 100 tons of AP!

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Okay I am saving this one. Because if there is even the slightest chance this is true the prospects for a class action suit of impressive magnitude is ripe. If not it is 2k on a 10gb HD.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Ah, at last a light bulb glows!

Kevin

"4" Kevin Nolan Countdown Hobbies;

"3" NAR 16148 7 P.T. Barnum Square, Bethel, CT 06801-1838 "2" TRA 0943 Orders: 800-810-0281; Info: 203-790-9010 (voice/fax) "1" NARCONN/CTRA snipped-for-privacy@cs.com "0" NRHSA "Put Fun & Excitement in Your Life"

Reply to
Kevin Nolan

Kevin, You seem to have a problem with banks being able to loan out more money than they have on hand. Rember that they also have FDIC insurance to cover you for up to $100,000 in deposits.

Here is my question to you...

Let's say you have a VISA from a bank. You go out and buy a $1000 gold bar and put it on your VISA. They bank deposits $1000 into the merchants bank account to pay for the gold.

What portion of this debt do you feel you should pay back? A) $1000 B) $1000 Plus Intrest C) $0 because you think the bank created the money out of nothing?

Bonus Points if you stiff the bank and keep the gold bar.

Reply to
Geoff Huber

snipped-for-privacy@cs.com (Kevin Nolan) wrote in message news:...

I have to jump in here. Besides being a rocket nut, I am also a "professional" Christian theologian (I hope the 11+ years of college, seminary, grad school was not a waste). I agree that (many) credit card companies are dishonest (thieves) in the way they work, and especially in the way they offer more and more credit and thus entrap people into having to pay on them all their lives. HOWEVER, two wrongs never make a right. It is wrong to steal, so some credit card companies (and banks) are clearly doing wrong (sin). But from a Christian perspective, and also from the perspective of most ethical non-Christians I have met, it is equally wrong for one to steal back from the person/company that stole from him/her. Jesus said if someone asks for your coat, give your shirt too, if someone asks you to carry their junk one mile, carry it two, and if someone slaps you on one cheek, turn the other one toward him too. Do not return evil for evil, but instead do good to those who do you evil. I am paying off a couple credit card debts right now, at an interest rate that used to be called usury. I have been tempted to do what this company advocates, but no way will I because I will have to answer to God and I doubt He would be impressed if I said, "But God, I was just 'stealing' back from the company that stole from me." I can't say for everyone whose "side" Jesus would be on, but as I understand it from these postings, no way would I risk joining this company. It may be legal, but the very principle it is based on is too questionable for me to feel comfortable with it. Larry Lobdell Jr.

Reply to
Larry Lobdell, Jr.

It doesn't matter where it comes from. You signed up and made an agreement that they would provide you X amount of credit that you could spend when and where you wanted to and pay back. The fact that you couldn't manage it and over extended yourself is not their problem. It's a scam and it will end up costing you more money. Anyone offering the financial fountain of youth while charging 3500.00 is taking you for a ride. That's why there is a 3500.00 fee. They know if you have arrived at their door that you will squander more of the credit card companies money to pay them. The whole time they are blowing smoke up your ass they are collecting 3500.00 from the credit card compainies that they are teaching you to hate. Good scam. I have to give them that. The fact that you spent all of the money you did and now want to get out of it says a lot about you. The jails are full of god fearing Christians. You will be the next.

Reply to
CajunMan

Geoff,

If the bank monetizes your signature and creates money in an account in your name, is is more proper, moral, ethical and legal for them to keep that money and use it as they desire, or to allow you to use that money they created in your name? Remember, if you're out of the picture, so is that money - it's never created.

Kevin

"4" Kevin Nolan Countdown Hobbies;

"3" NAR 16148 7 P.T. Barnum Square, Bethel, CT 06801-1838 "2" TRA 0943 Orders: 800-810-0281; Info: 203-790-9010 (voice/fax) "1" NARCONN/CTRA snipped-for-privacy@cs.com "0" NRHSA "Put Fun & Excitement in Your Life"

Reply to
Kevin Nolan

Reply to
Phil Stein

Wow, I'm so sorry! I guess your preconceived notions win out over my research! I have experience with these folks, you don't, but you know what's going on better than I do, right? There's a LOT of work these people do and I think they are underpayed! I don't know if you've been a victim of one of the many unscrupulous debt deals out there or not, but you really need to judge from the inside, not the outside, IF you're going to judge at all.

????? How much money did I spend? And what jails are full of God-fearing Christians? North Korea? China? Muslim countries? Are you campaigning for that kind of sickness to come to America?

Kevin

"4" Kevin Nolan Countdown Hobbies;

"3" NAR 16148 7 P.T. Barnum Square, Bethel, CT 06801-1838 "2" TRA 0943 Orders: 800-810-0281; Info: 203-790-9010 (voice/fax) "1" NARCONN/CTRA snipped-for-privacy@cs.com "0" NRHSA "Put Fun & Excitement in Your Life"

Reply to
Kevin Nolan

Phil,

I guess with language like that you'd know best! The Jews felt the same way about Jesus. He greatly upset their ideas about what should be and disturbed the status quo. I'm not Jesus, but He does live in me.

Kevin

"4" Kevin Nolan Countdown Hobbies;

"3" NAR 16148 7 P.T. Barnum Square, Bethel, CT 06801-1838 "2" TRA 0943 Orders: 800-810-0281; Info: 203-790-9010 (voice/fax) "1" NARCONN/CTRA snipped-for-privacy@cs.com "0" NRHSA "Put Fun & Excitement in Your Life"

Reply to
Kevin Nolan

Here, here! Well said, and a sadly under-emphasized topic: Right and Wrong. I'm borderline agnostic, but I strongly believe in "right" as opposed to "wrong."

The way I understand this outfit to operate is simply wrong. The fact that something is legal, or that you can twist contracrs and laws toi get away with it, doesn't make it right.

Reply to
Scott Schuckert

I think he's referring to how many of those on death row seem to have suddenly found God and become born-again Christians (but of course I could be wrong).

I'm also torn about this whole thread...

Yes, it is more interesting than the usual mind rot that pervades rmr, but at least the usual garbage has some MODICUM of relationship to rocketry.

David Erbas-White

Reply to
David Erbas-White