ATFE to produce anti-rocketry video

MUST . . . clean . . . rum . . . and . . . coke . . . off . . . keyboard and monitor.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Chuck Rudy wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@tradenet.nospam.net:

A baseline in this case would be mostly useless anyway. There's *way* too much variation in hobby motors and unguided hobby rockets. If they could get performance +/- 10% it'd be a miracle, and they're not going to hit much with that kind of performance.

Reply to
David W.

Not using off the shelf hobby rocket kits they aren't... you make it sound as if this was so. I suggest you get a look at the details of your story.

~Duane Phillips.

Reply to
Duane Phillips

Not using off the shelf hobby rocket kits they aren't... you make it sound as if this was so. I suggest you get a look at the details of your story.

~Duane Phillips.

Reply to
Duane Phillips

Do you suppose the dealer(s) who sold to him will come forward with disclosure in the strong interest of the industry?

I hope.

Please note BOTH NAR and TRA are silent (and impotent).

For 20 years I have maintained records of sales for investigations. Wouldn't it be ironic that in an environment of illegal LEUP requests this sale was not recorded at all?

Jerry Irvine told you so (numerous times).

Just mere little Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Not using off the shelf hobby rocket kits they aren't... not to mention the warheads involved. I suggest you get a look at the details of your story.

~Duane Phillips.

Reply to
Duane Phillips

"J.A. Michel" wrote in news:bo9ik9$jvg$1 @www.flugmodellbau.de:

The cert requirement is only in NFPA 1127, which at this time is not very widely adopted, as far as I know. And J350 reloads currently require neither an LEUP nor storage, althought how that gets interpreted and/or enforced depends on which agent you talk to. Today anyway, tomorrow could be another matter.

Reply to
David W.

he would not need any of that. the nrpm is not passed yet.

What he would need is a NAR or TRA Level 2 certification to buy them from a HPR dealer.

If he did get them w/o that, then what dealer did he get them form ? I would like to know that , if any of this is true, since this was suppoed to be the staple to keep such things from happening.

Reply to
AlMax714

The baseline would be a timing issue.......of course a gust of wind, changes in temps etc will change it from a perfect weather baseline......just another variable those wild and wacky atf guys have to deal with. Unless they have military help they will not want the video published. :-)

Reply to
Chuck Rudy
55.141-a-8
Reply to
Jim Meyers

My initial response is - I hope they use red delay liners and copperheads, but the US Army tested unguided rockets with a lot more horsepower than a J350 against moving aerial targets in the 50's with a ZERO hit rate. The chance of repeatable success in this endeavor is about the same as winning the PowerBall

- twice.

-- Bruce Kirchner TRA L2 #5888 Michigan Team 1 High Power Rocketry Proud Gun Owner!

Reply to
Bruce Kirchner

Looks like they want to use more than a homebuilt rocket........

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

You must believe that it is possible to down an airliner with a model rocket kit? Even in the radical chance that a lucky strike is obtained, it is still one of the _least_effective_means_ of accomplishing such.

As proven through history OVER and OVER again, knowlege and truth are not the things to fear... fear itself is! The more people rely upon government for welfare and safety, the more fearful and unsafe everyone becomes. When people learn correct principles, and use them correctly, there is little need of government, except as a tool of the people to accomplish things in unison.

I say, let them make their film, stupid and pointless as it may be, whose only use is to make more fearful the fearful.

~Duane Phillips.

Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the boisterous sea of liberty.

-- Thomas Jefferson

"You need only reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence." -- Charles A. Beard (1874 - 1948), U.S. historian

Reply to
Duane Phillips

E X A C T L Y

Perfect Post.

This should be in the FAQ.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I posted a link to the cirrus darts they are using from PML.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

snip...

On this one Jerry, you are dead nuts on. Absolutely!

Stones

Reply to
stones

Now, if only there were some way to subject BATF to the same degree of Congressional scrutiny that NASA has to put up with...

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

Having been proximate to numerous J1000's being ignited, it's not so bad. Ask Arnold!!!

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I ask if they are the least bit objective or if they just write what the customer wants to hear.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

That's an understatement. I am not at libertyy to disclose what I know, but suffice it to say the J350 is a tiny fraction of the "threat".

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine