LDRS Dates

Who cares?

DSC

Reply to
RocketWeb

Not.

DSC Douglas Caskey Vice President - Buffalo Rocket Society Inc.

RocketWeb

I moved here to NE PA from Detroit about 6 years ago. So far, the best thing to come out of it was discovering a local beverage called Yingling Lager. I'll be there and bring a case of it.

-- Drake "Doc" Damerau

NEPRA President NAR Section 614 NAR 79986 L3
Remove "My Shorts" to reply

Reply to
Doc

Jerry:

As Lloyd said before consider yourself invited. See you in Geneseo.

Al Sterner Buffalo Rocket Society BOD Member-at-large

Reply to
Al Sterner

Why don't you guys call off your stupid pissing match about NYPOWER?

You're not going to endear anyone to come to LDRS if you make snide remarks anytime someone asks how LDRS will affect NYPOWER.

Brian Elfert

Reply to
Brian Elfert

I think it won't make any difference either way. Those people willing to subject themselves to the labrynth of fees that TRA tacks onto LDRS to generate revenue for Brucie's new truck and trailer are going to go. Those people who went to NYPOWER because they barely could afford that will stay home or just come and watch.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I would thnk the host of NY POWER who hosts a popular launch and gains some revenues and members from that cares alot. It only makes sense.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

The Jerry Irvine groupies (watchers of the madness as it unfolds) are instructed to bring 12 bottles each of at least 2 kinds of beer with them. I will be flying and I refuse to buy Bud, so it's up to the driving, trailering, RV'ing folks.

We will get to the bottom of this "which beer is bettter" question even if it takes a week of sampling to do it!

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Sounds like beers of the US at the hospitaility suite. Any more? :-)

Al

Reply to
Al Sterner

I doubt the cost of the launch is what keeps people from coming to LDRS.

The biggest cost is generally travel. Do you really think many people are going to travel from New York to Lucerne for LDRS?

I've been to five national launches in the past few years and the travel costs have greatly exceeded the launch fees.

Brian Elfert

Reply to
Brian Elfert

I could bring some Harpoon IPA from Boston.

Reply to
Robert DeHate

The discussion is whether normal NYPOWER attendees who are being "skunked" by LDRS will attend LDRS anyway. I claim the fees and costs even for a LOCAL to attend are several times higher for LDRS than for NYPOWER.

Right?

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Well that's enough beer for me. What are you drinking?

Al

Reply to
Al Sterner

Doc I gotta agree with your Yingling Lager statement. I'd heard of the beer, but I thought it was just some "oriental" thing:-). I later found out that Yingling Distillery is the oldest distillery in the country (from some show on beer, on the History Channel). I decided to try it. My only regret is that I missed all those years of NOT drinking it!!!!!! Bring a couple of cases....... we'll introduce everyone we can to it's great taste:-).

Lloyd Wood BRS Secretary Level lll

Reply to
Actionxprs

Al if we buy each other beer we have sufficient quantities. I fear for the safety of the Firestarter stash during that time.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Jerry I LIKE that idea! We've got a local beer (Genesse) that's pretty good (in bottles, only:-). I'll bring a bunch of that down. You know........with ideas like this, it's hard to see why so many people have a problem with you:-). Maybe if you bring enough beer..........we can change some minds:-).

Lloyd Wood BRS Secretary Level lll

Reply to
Actionxprs

Doc

It's pronounced Yingling, it's spelled Yuengling.....they haven't awarded you your 'don't hassle me I'm a local' shirt yet, eh? :-)

Chuck

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

I'll put in a request from Boston for several growlers of Ipswich Dark!!

Chuck

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

Jerry The launch fees for LDRS will be $11.25 per day for the regular launch and $15 per day for the EX days with a special combo price for all. When we did NYPOWERs, the fee's were $10 per day so our 4 day NYPOWERs were almost the same cost. The real added expence is the $20 per head fee that goes to Tripoli. Other than that, we're trying to keep the prices down to a "reasonable" level and still build all that new equipment:-).

Lloyd Wood BRS Secretary Level lll

Reply to
Actionxprs

Speaking of Growlers....get Jerry or some other CA types to bring a few Growlers of the porter from BK's Brewhouse, a semi-local brew pub...MMMM,MMMM,MMMM,MMMM,MMMM (done wsith best Gomer Pyle accent).

Mark A Palmer TRA 08542 L3

Chuck Rudy wrote:

Reply to
Mark A Palmer