LDRS Dates

Ah, don't sweat it Chuck, I'm still a purist at heart! In the spirit of Oktoberfest, I just tapped into a case of Marzen I made last spring that's been sitting in my root cellar/basement all summer. Excellent, but heavy. Genesse, IMHO, is an excellent "high volume" beer. It's got good body, nice balance (tends to be on the bitter side IMHO, but I like 'em that way), and not as sickly sweet as the other Bud-ish, Busch-ish, or Michelob-ish domestic brands. Rolling Rock (from the Glass Lined Tanks! 33!) is one of my absolute local favs, but it's priced pretty much on the high side around here. I

*do* occasionally pick up a case of Yuengling's when I slip over the border, too.

Canna be as bad as Old Milwaukee Light Draft! Gack. I'll be attending a clambake this weekend which will have that on hand, I'm sure.

Anybody remember Pabst's "Red White & Blue"? Now *that* was cheap! I can remember paying 7 bucks a case for that back in the early 90's. Or, up Detroit way, there was "Golden Goebel". Blech. One of Strohs' major blunders.

Tod "Beer! It's not just for breakfast anymore!" Hilty

Reply to
hiltyt

I believe that's what we call "whiskey"...

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

Cold Duck? ; ) Randy

Reply to
Randy

"BB" wrote in news:v1hhb.125$Sk1.17 @nwrddc03.gnilink.net:

Beerbon!

len.

Reply to
Leonard Fehskens

Bourbon uses corn, I think - but so do some beermakers IIRC, and Butweiper uses rice!

Reply to
BB

Jerry If you're flying a Warbird, there is a strip at the launch site. Stay a week and they have a pretty good Airshow there. The largest show we ever had there consisted of over 125 Warbirds, including 6 B-17's and the Thunderbirds). If you are flying commercial, the Rochester Airport is the one to use. It's only about 10 minutes away from the hotels.

Lloyd Wood BRS Secretary Level lll

Reply to
Actionxprs

Cold period. ;-)

Reply to
Kurt Kesler

No wonder I don't like it. But the Mexicans here sure do.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Brian Actually, the total price for all six days is going to be $75 (including the Tripoli fee). Remember I said that we were going to have a "special" combo rate:-).

Lloyd Wood BRS Secretary Level lll

Reply to
Actionxprs

Watch it, bub. Themz iz fightin wordz. ;-)

Mark Simpson

love........

Hey! Don't forget that other one.... "Free."

Although I'll take a tap Guinness every day if I'm plunking down my own coin....

Kevin Rezac

Reply to
Kevin Rezac

Lousy beer must be served ice cold, this numbs your tastebuds into submission while they are being violated by nasty swill........anything else would be cruel and unusual. :-)

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

On another thread I posted a highly potent Cider recipe (12-15% depending on the apples) which you leave on your 5 degree front porch int he winter.....the next morning you pour off the Cider Jack, all the ice is just water, the Cider Jack is worthy of stealing one's breath.......distillation by the frozen tundra. But the ATF wants you to pay tax on it so don't tell anyone I told you about it! ;-)

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

A lagered Märzen? You doin' some brewin'? And if you slip over the border for some Yuengling lager you're a bootlegger! Glad to hear it! :-)

Stegmaier is as bad as Zilwaukee Light......never tried the PBR RWB nor the Golden Gerbil......just lucky I guess . :-) Well IF I can get some time before the launch and figure a way to keep it still on the ride up and keep it cool, I may do a keg of something.........maybe my killer SNPA clone.....I used to get opinions on that one, not anymore, i couldn't get rid of the 'judges'

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

Awe, heck! After you've had ten or fifteen beers, they kinda all taste the same anyhow! ;-)

-- Joe Michel NAR 82797 L1

Reply to
J.A. Michel

Not on the way back up, they don't..........

Reply to
BB

So is this like a glue thread now, with no end in sight?

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Elmer's Pale Ale?? :-)

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

Tod:

Another good Genese beer is the 12 Horse Ale. Honey Brown isn't hard to take eighter.

Al

Reply to
Al Sterner

Stegmair, now that brings up old memories. My Grandfather owned a beer distributorship up in NE PA (Glen Lyon). My brother and I used to spend a couple of weeks visiting them every summer. When we were young, we'd climb on the pallets of kegs stacked to the ceiling in the warehouse. Valley Forge Ale, Gibbons, Schmidts, Schlitz, Schaefer, Ballantine, Rolling Rock and Stegmair. Back then, Bud and Miller weren't very popular in NE PA. When we got a little older, we helped unload trailers of cases and rode with my Uncle making deliveries to bars around the area.

Mark Simpson