LDRS Dates

Pretty much but it takes so many to make a dollar.

Randy

Reply to
Randy

IN my hotel room in london, the A/C would only work when you put your room key card into the slot on the wall by the A/C control. It would not work while you were away from the room. it would get hot while you were away.

the note said this was for a greener earth.

Reply to
Art Upton

no , the daemons won on that one, poor Peter's rocket.

I was talking about the ones where the rocket owners kept "laying on of hands" in your raw footage.

in reality, they were listening for the tanks filling on those "M" sized projects, but it was funny to saw cast those daemons out anyways !

Art

Reply to
Art Upton

*That's* a Subway :-)

Tom

Reply to
Tom Binford

Only the Brits drive on the wrong side. Everyone else has been "Americanized". >;-)

Mark Simps>

Reply to
Mark Simpson

Now I know of what you speak........after the 'hand massage' came the 50 yard dash, that's what I loved. :-)

Chuck

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

They drive on the wrong side in Australia too.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

So what da ya all think about the recent crop of "my truck is faster than your's" pickup truck commercials? Is anyone using an old Possum Lodge van to haul rockets?

Alan

Reply to
Alan Jones

Point! Back in "the day", we finished off some club rocket launches at Pepe Tacos, because they had the coldest beer in town, served in frosted mugs.

Alan

Reply to
Alan Jones

My favorite major domestic brew was Red Wolf. It was good while it lasted.

Alan

Reply to
Alan Jones

I bottled wine just a few weeks ago, and started anew batch. I gave a whole case to my nearest uncle (the one who prefers drinking Port, and frequently returns my bottles with the corks pushed down inside), just to avoid storing it.

It was more like the 70's and early 80's for me. It was not the cheapest, or the best, but it was a good value. They also put out an

8-pack of small 7 Oz. cans. This is what I flew in the Alchohaulic (aka a beerlofter).

I always wanted to try Rice Crispies and beer, the peanut butter Daiquiri, etc., but I'm basically a wine guy.

Alan

Reply to
Alan Jones

Less Filling?

John

Reply to
John Stein

Don't drink the water if the watering holde is surrounded by dead bodies...

Bob Kaplow

Reminds me of a scene from a Marx Brothers movie (Night in Casablanca?) where Harpo eats Groucho's entire meal.

Bob Kaplow

Idiots. The Cubs are gonna win the world series, Hell and the rest of the universe will freeze over, and then all those kooks who have been trying to prevent global warming are gonna look REAL STUPID...

Bob Kaplow

And a good part of the Carribean, including the US Virgin Islands.

Bob Kaplow

I read a story years ago in which one of a king's ministers, seeking to depose the king, seeks the aid of a wizard who proposes to spike the king's food with a potion which will compel him to speak nothing but the truth...

The schemer objects, "but won't we be caught? All the king's food is first sampled by a taster, to protect him from being poisoned."

"Oh, that's no problem", replies the wizard, "he's just a simple servant - nobody will pay much attention to what he says."

So the food is brought in, and the taster tries a bite. "How is it?" asks the king.

"It's just fine", says the servant, and then continues, a bit bashfully, "My only complaint is that I never get to eat more than a taste of all this good stuff!"

The king laughs, calls out to his cook, "Go ahead and give him a full dish!", and then digs in himself. (Of course, the diplomatic niceties of _his_ position being what they are, the king then ends up making an absolute fool of himself...)

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

If the cubbies lose their martyrdom that will suck. I hope they lose the world series. In the seventh game by a controvercial referee call.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Don't forget Japan. And some of the Asian and Pacific islands such as Malaysia, Hong Kong, Singapore and New Zealand. (Most can be traced to British influence.)

For more, see:

Doug Amazing what you can find on Google...

Reply to
Doug Sams

How low can you go? I hope you freeze in Hell!

Bob Kaplow