NAR Certification Dates

Ok.. Read my lips, and you might understand... "Combined list" is the common motors between NAR, TAR and CAR. Granted, Kosdon is the only exception I've seen in years, but NAR is the "keeper" of the list usable by NAR, TRA and CAR (the "combined list"), and therefore, should only include motors usable by EVERYONE (regardless of org). That's why it's called the "combined list" and not "What NAR OK's that may have been certified by others" list.

Jeeze...

You just cant accept that NAR S&T has problems, just like TRA TMT does. It's reality. Neither group is perfect! That's the point to Kaplow!

Reply to
AZ Woody

TRA insurance only applies to TRA launches. NAR insurance applies at a NAR launch. If you are worried about insurance, you should not count on NAR's. Read the info on their web site if you don't know what I mean.

Reply to
Phil Stein

Now read my lips... "NAR Combined List!" This is the list that the NAR creates, for it's members, that is a combination of the TRA, CAR and NAR list. To my knowledge the other organizations are free to combine (or not combine) the lists in any way they choose.

Please show me a cite that makes the NAR 'the "keeper" of the list usable by NAR, TRA and CAR (the "combined list").' Please show me a cite that gives TRA the right to decertify a motor that was origionally certified by CAR or NAR.

In this case, the Kosdon motors are certified by NAR S&T so they belong on the NAR List and the NAR Combined List. If TRA wants to ignore motors certified by other organizations they need to publish their own combined list.

So far, the only thing I've seen here is support for what Kaplow has been saying all along.

Mario

Reply to
Mario Perdue

Nope.

NAR insurance is good at all launches.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Individual NAR insurance is secondary, so in many case I would expect your homeowners insurance to pick up pretty much everything. Section insurance is primary, and I would not really expect that you could use your NAR section insurance at TRA launches unless your NAR section were also a TRA prefecture. In this case who decides which insurance to use?

This has to be the primary/secondary thing right?

Reply to
Greg Cisko

Correct.

None exists.

None exists.

But don't.

They just "make up rules as they go along."

Maybe if you cited one.

On the claim that the test reports from several years ago somehow indicates no other motors were tested since, bunk.

Firstly the claim is false.

Secondly NAR publishes releases with EVERY motor renewal or addition or withdrawal IN WRITING and in a timely manner. These are the S&T releases like you recently saw for AT LUR and some AMW motor.

They are on the nar.org website as well as searchable on ROL and rmr.

So any claim of non-test should certainly be compared to these releases at minimum before making it.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Point.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Usually the carriers work it out, else, the court.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

No, but not just for that reason...z

Your TRA insurance covers you only at TRA "sanctioned" launches. So TRA members at NAR launches have NO coverage...

NAR insurance covers you no matter where you fly, NAR, TRA, independent, school, back yard, etc. as long as you follow the NAR safety code.

Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L >>> To reply, there's no internet on Mars (yet)!

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

No one has appointed NAR "keeper of the master list for all". NAR S&T publishes the list twice a year as a service to their members, and to any one else who cares to use it.

No reason that TRA (or CAR) can't make *THEIR* master list available, without the Kosdon East motors should they decide to do so. But they have never done so.

The Kosdon (east) motors still on the NAR list are NAR certified until the end of the year. Which TRA refuses to recognize contrary to their decade old agreement with NAR. WHy is this? Does Kosdon East (now known as Animal Motor Works) not have their paperwork in place? If not, why are both NAr and TRA still certifying their motors?

Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L >>> To reply, there's no internet on Mars (yet)!

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

This may have changed since I dropped TRA membership, but TRA insurance was good only at a TRA-sponsored launch.

Thus, if you are a TRA member flying on a NAR range, your TRA insurance is not valid, no matter what motor you fly. Thus, the answer to your question is 'no' :-)

Glen

Reply to
Glen Overby

Not quite correct. TRA insurance only applies to *SANCTIONED* TRA launches.

Also incorrect. NAR insurance covers NAR members at NAR launches, TRA launches, indie launches, school launches, back yard launches, i.e. ANYWHERE, ANYTIME.

What does THAT mean? I just read

again, and it seems pretty complete to me.

Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L >>> To reply, there's no internet on Mars (yet)!

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

I did not write that, although it was in the message that I responded to.

I asked a relatively simple question that you did not address, and others have not yet properly answered.

My point is, ah never mind. I've made the point on RMR long ago, and I don't have the time to restate it.

Alan

Reply to
Alan Jones

Point!!!

I agree. Stein is wack.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Since TRA members declared the NAR list the "master list", does that reverse the illegal Kosdon motor decert/ban?

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Don't ask don't tell :)

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

It's a "bunch of shit".

Damn!! That was a mouthfull!

:)

Reply to
default

I was speaking within the context of the question.

Also NAR insurance doesn't cover you if you are not a member and not at a NAR launch so, I wouldn't say it covers all launches.

Reply to
Phil Stein

It covers insured members at all launches.

So long as the member is folowing the NAR safety codes.

Your statement above was a total disconnect.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

It's not MY insurance, but is was a poorly posed question in light of the limited TRA insurance.

Alan

Reply to
Alan Jones