NAR Certification Dates

If personal insurance doesn't cover it, then you have no 'primary' insurance, and the NAR insurance kicks in.
BTW, unless I missed a change (and I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong), TRA insurance doesn't cover member to member incidents. So if Phil's rocket hits Kevin's car, there is no coverage at all.
Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L >>> To reply, there's no internet on Mars (yet)!
Reply to
Bob Kaplow
I think we can all agree on that. Except maybe Jerry :-)
Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L >>> To reply, there's no internet on Mars (yet)!
Reply to
Bob Kaplow
Correct. NAR insurance is secondary for the member, primary for the club and the site owner.
I don't really care if the insurance is primary or secondary, as long as I have the coverage. And it's the site owner insurance that lets us get a flyig field. Without it, we'd have no place to launch, no matter how much primary insurance any of our members had.
Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L >>> To reply, there's no internet on Mars (yet)!
Reply to
Bob Kaplow
TRA has a procedure. You send your waiver and I don't know what else to someone, and then you get back something that says you're covered. Of course, it makes it difficult to deal with last minute launches, rescheduled launches due to weather, etc.
And it leaves TRA members at NAR or indie events with *NO* coverage at all.
Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L >>> To reply, there's no internet on Mars (yet)!
Reply to
Bob Kaplow
Like a broken clock, Jerry is right twice a day. He will be right again in about 12 hours :-)
Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L >>> To reply, there's no internet on Mars (yet)!
Reply to
Bob Kaplow
Renters who have any significant assets no doubt have content insurnace on their apartment. Ditto for condo owners who have structure coverage as part of their association. Renters / condo policies almost always include the same liability coverage as homeowners insurance.
Mine did when I was in an apartment (1 year) and townhouse (8 years).
Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L >>> To reply, there's no internet on Mars (yet)!
Reply to
Bob Kaplow
primary for the club and
That's a significant factiod because it makes land use nearly free.
Jerry
Reply to
Jerry Irvine
From my reading it excludes medical as well.
> > Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L >>> To reply, there's no internet on Mars (yet)! > > I support drug testing. I believe every public official should be given a > shot of sodium pentathol and ask "Which laws have you broken this week?".
Reply to
Jerry Irvine
All I can say is thanks for keeping score like you did. I don't have the time or inclination to detail the guy like that. Good for you :-)
Reply to
Greg Cisko
Which reminds me: there is no NAR "insurance surcharge" to attend a national event either.
Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L >>> To reply, there's no internet on Mars (yet)!
Reply to
Bob Kaplow
I'm not so sure on that.
large online order firms charge you insurance fees for shipment.
They never pay the shipper, UPS or USPS for insurance and your package comes to you with no insurance what so ever from the shipping firm.
If you call them on it, they will tell you it's self insurance.
BTW, that's all the post office or UPS is really doing ;-)
no Lords of London involved at all
Reply to
AlMax
Phil needs his own coverage to cover that.
Heck, so do you even.
Lets face it.
both TRA and NAR insurance is really about getting landowners to let us fly. Not about protecting us.
the sooner we all figure that out, the better everything will be including safety.
anything else is all wishful thinking.
Reply to
AlMax
independent,
Forget all the insurance hoopla.
You really need your own, plain and simple, if you ahve anything to loose.
Org insurance is designed to let us get land owners to let us fly.
Reply to
AlMax
And UPS got in BIG trouble a while ago over their "insurance"...
Bigger the "Big Fine Irvine" :-)
Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L >>> To reply, there's no internet on Mars (yet)!
Reply to
Bob Kaplow

Site Timeline