NAR Certification Dates

How about it means you deplete your own insurance berfore NAR's kinks in. Most people's insurance is going to cover anything that happens thus making NAR's insurance useless to MOST people.

I understand what you're saying Jerry. From what I hear, you have nothing to insure so you would be one of the people that could benefit from NAR insurance.

Reply to
Phil Stein

Nope. You might know the right answer but you sure didn't type it the first time.

Reply to
Phil Stein

Why do you call TRA insurance limited when you have to use up your own insurance before NAR will pay anything?

Reply to
Phil Stein

Because TRA insurance doesn't cover TRA members at any launch. It only covers them at ***SANCTIONED*** TRA launches. Worse, it only covers the club at SANCTIONED TRA LAUNCHES.

NAR insurance is in effect any where any time. It covers our club at section meetings. It covers the NARCON hosts and participants at the convention. And while it doesn't cover guests (TRA, CAR, non-members like schools, scouts, etc) at our launches, it does cover us at launches where non members ae allowed to fly.

TRA insurance PROHIBITS non members from flying at TRA launches.

Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L >>> To reply, there's no internet on Mars (yet)!

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

Good question.

Here's another one: After personal insurance declines the claim has the NAR covered the claim?

Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75

Reply to
the notorious t-e-d

Well, to be truthful, if someone is really worried about insurance, they should have their own.

Reply to
AlMax

Agreed, and most homeowners can easily attach an umbrella liability rider to their homeowners policy.

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski

That would be individual coverage which is secondary. Right?

Reply to
Greg Cisko

Again you are referring to individual insurance which is secondary correct?

Reply to
Greg Cisko

When was the last time you saw a "sanction" declared in adance of a TRA launch? Well, except for LDRS.

So much for outreach.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Yes.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Excuse me, but I would prefer to see Bob's answer...

Reply to
Greg Cisko

Exactly!

Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75

Reply to
the notorious t-e-d

That should be in the FAQ!!

Reply to
Phil Stein

Correct. Which goes back to my original point.

Reply to
Phil Stein

Just checking :-)

Reply to
Greg Cisko

Everybody who is informed has the same answer.

The "benefit" to secondary insurance is the premiums are quite a bit lower and/or the coverage is higher. In this case, both.

Since about 70% of folks are insured (many renters are not), this sort of coverage only has about a 30% of population expected coverage. In addition to that the claims experience is VERY, VERY low so the expected incidence is vv low.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

I find it interesting that your problem with NAR S&T keeps changing because of inconvenient facts.

position #1: NAR has uncertified Kosdon motors on its list.

When this bit of disinformation is easily dispensed with, the story changes to...

Position #2: There are no dates for decertification of the Kosdon motors on the NAR list.

This is also easily dispelled. Then the story changes once again to...

Position #3: NAR is maintaining an official combined list for all certification authorities (NAR, TRA, and CAR) that has motors on it (Kosdon) that cannot be used by TRA members.

This latest position is completely at odds with the very first sentence at the beginning of said list:

"As a service to NAR members, the NAR Standards and Testing Committee (S&T) publishes a comprehensive list of rocket motors certified for use at NAR launches in the July/August and January/February issues of Sport Rocketry."

Notice the phrases "service to NAR members" and "use at NAR launches". This makes it very clear that the list is for motors that can be used at NAR launches. Not TRA launches. Not CAR launches.

You seem convinced that NAR S&T has serious problems yet the problems you point out exist only in your mind, not in reality.

Reply to
David Schultz

See. it's catching :)

AZ Woody is a reactionist.

You are a "data collector".

The main differences are agendas and intelligence level.

Jerry

If you're looking for Ray, Fred, Phil, or others to get a clue... you'll probably be disappointed. They have their own agenda... politically motivated... and has NOTHING to do with increasing our knowledge or adding to the inherent FUN of this hobby!!!

- "Mark"

"GOVERNMENT IS COERCION. Allow one group to use government to advance an agenda, no matter how well intentioned, and everyone else will want to use its force for their own ends."

- Harry Browne for President in 1996!

Reply to
Jerry Irvine