NAR Certification Dates

And UPS got in BIG trouble a while ago over their "insurance"...
Bigger the "Big Fine Irvine" :-)
Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L >>> To reply, there's no internet on Mars (yet)! <<< Kaplow Klips & Baffle:    http://nira-rocketry.org/Document/MayJun00.pdf www.encompasserve.org/~kaplow_r/ www.nira-rocketry.org www.nar.org
This is a country which stands tallest in troubled times, a country that clings to fundamental principles, cherishes its constitutional heritage, and rejects simple solutions that compromise the values that lie at the roots of our democratic system. -- Supreme Court Justice Thurgood Marshall, 1972
Bob Kaplow wrote:

And UPS likely paid their fine.
But what about jerry?

Are you sure you didn't hear them get in trouble about HAZ mat instead and pay a hazmat fine ?
If is was about self insurance, please post an article, I need to know.
HAZMAT fees go into a sefl insurance fund at UPS and Fed ex to cover their Hazmat fines they know they will get via human error. That's what we were told last year. I'd be interested if it changed.

And rmr folks still do business with Fedex and UPS despite "repeated fines".
:)
Jerry Irvine wrote:

They pay there fines. :|

Prove it.
Jerry Irvine wrote:

Have you paid yours?
you Certainly haven't paid Me yet.
Jerry Irvine wrote:

I can't help it.
LOL
Point!
--
Gary Bolles

summum jus, summa injuria est

Is Jerry implying that we shouldn't because they were fined? If so; that means we shouldn't buy from him because he was fined.

I can't help it.

It was their loss/damage insurance. I don't remember details or have a link. You could look it up yourself...
Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L >>> To reply, there's no internet on Mars (yet)! <<< Kaplow Klips & Baffle:    http://nira-rocketry.org/Document/MayJun00.pdf www.encompasserve.org/~kaplow_r/ www.nira-rocketry.org www.nar.org
We need to ensure that actions by our government uphold the principles of a democratic society, accountable government and international law, and that all decisions are taken in a manner consistent with the Constitution.

Well, to be truthful, if someone is really worried about insurance, they should have their own.
AlMax wrote:

Agreed, and most homeowners can easily attach an umbrella liability rider to their homeowners policy.
-Kevin
AlMax wrote:

Exactly!
Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75

That should be in the FAQ!!

I think we can all agree on that. Except maybe Jerry :-)
Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L >>> To reply, there's no internet on Mars (yet)! <<< Kaplow Klips & Baffle:    http://nira-rocketry.org/Document/MayJun00.pdf www.encompasserve.org/~kaplow_r/ www.nira-rocketry.org www.nar.org
I support drug testing. I believe every public official should be given a shot of sodium pentathol and ask "Which laws have you broken this week?".

No, but not just for that reason...z
Your TRA insurance covers you only at TRA "sanctioned" launches. So TRA members at NAR launches have NO coverage...
NAR insurance covers you no matter where you fly, NAR, TRA, independent, school, back yard, etc. as long as you follow the NAR safety code.
Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L >>> To reply, there's no internet on Mars (yet)! <<< Kaplow Klips & Baffle:    http://nira-rocketry.org/Document/MayJun00.pdf www.encompasserve.org/~kaplow_r/ www.nira-rocketry.org www.nar.org
Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the boisterous sea of liberty. -- Thomas Jefferson
On 14 Jul 2005 11:34:22 -0500, kaplow snipped-for-privacy@encompasserve.org.mars (Bob Kaplow) wrote:

It's not MY insurance, but is was a poorly posed question in light of the limited TRA insurance.
Alan

Why do you call TRA insurance limited when you have to use up your own insurance before NAR will pay anything?

Because TRA insurance doesn't cover TRA members at any launch. It only covers them at ***SANCTIONED*** TRA launches. Worse, it only covers the club at SANCTIONED TRA LAUNCHES.
NAR insurance is in effect any where any time. It covers our club at section meetings. It covers the NARCON hosts and participants at the convention. And while it doesn't cover guests (TRA, CAR, non-members like schools, scouts, etc) at our launches, it does cover us at launches where non members ae allowed to fly.
TRA insurance PROHIBITS non members from flying at TRA launches.