US Rockets failure to deliver "Save Rocketry Now" prize

I've received an e-mail from an expert who says the problems are due to the non-repeatable quality of modern phenolic tubing.

That is why many have shifted to other casing materials.

Reply to
Fred Shecter

We had 5 of 'em that day, I think. Later, George Collins moved here from the southwest and had a cluster of them; one of those catoed, too. Different motor that time.

I won't buy an Ellis Mountain motor.

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski

I never thought I would be this doing ever...... I am not defending or sticking up for anyone,just stateing the facts...so here goes............I entered the save rocketry contest not ever thinking or caring if I won anything......just did it to donate money to the cause..............but low and behold.......I never go a notice or anything........but in november a us rockets piston launch kit showed up out of nowhere.....no note or message of any type with it.......so I assumed it was from my entry...........any how I got my prize, so some one was doing there job correctly and credit must be given where credit is due.....I'm just sorry the rest of you did not get your prizes in a timely fashion......... thankyou somebody.....whom ever you are!

Reply to
james hendricksen

BS. AT and others have used the SAME phenolic as me for decades. The problem is QC by the motor maker NOT any alleged variability in phenolic.

News flash. Don't run it within 10% of the burst pressure!

Tech Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

YOU had the event several MONTHS LATE.

YOU provided several "prize winners" with no address at all and confusion over what they even won.

80 or so prize winners fully satisfied. 4 or so not resolved. Care to help me resolve your errors? That would be just peachy.

Jerry

No good deed goes unpunished.

NO claims for exchanges went unanswered. Ever.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Not really in the same realm as the SRN raffle but in '04 I got a USR Sonic 2200 from JI via ebay. I got the thing via USPS within the same week and it didn't cost extra for shipping. I'm still amazed on how he got it to MN so fast and cheap. Received the kit in excellent condition and it comes with just about the best balsa cone I've ever seen!

On a much more related note I also won a item on the SRN raffle. I still don't have my prize yet but I also know that the prize donator does this as his side gig. I also know his day job involves some serious travel and I can't forget he has a family. In my particular case it's obvious where the priority is and should be. I'll get it when I get it. I'm in no hurry but maybe that's just me.

It's only a hobby.....and a fun hobby at that.

Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75

Reply to
the notorious t-e-d

Ok, so you have the SAME phenolic ... I will never spend a DIME with you. You can take that phenolic and shove it up your skinny felon ass! But as long as you are having FUN stealing from people, according to TED, I guess its ok ... better get the OK from TED first!

Reply to
lunarlos

Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75

Reply to
the notorious t-e-d

geez dude, If i give you some rocket kits, will you SHUT UP?

people who demonstrate communication skills like yours do MORE dammage than ANY scam artist.

you think mothers want their kids in a hobby with people who talk like you?

Reply to
Tater Schuld

The HPR hobby has dropped off 90% since 1992.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

WOW ... really? I don't think so, but I am having fun, so it must ok ...

Don't want any rockets, but I do need some metal geared BB servos for a

5 meter scale glider I am working on. Now if you could only ...

Jerry Irvine wrote:i

Reply to
lunarlos

I'm glad you got your kit; truly, I am. I had HOPED this would be the case for everyone, and jerry did get a number of the prizes out on time.

However, I have received emails from numerous people who have received nada from him, and all of their emails go unanswered. The ONLY way any of them have been able to elicit ANY sort of response from him is to go public and complain. Even then, they get a rather belligerent response, even though they've first taken it up via email.

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski

So, you're saying that because the Presidents of NAR and Tripoli decided to delay things, this somehow caused you to not have the items on hand? That's rich.

Let's get that one straight right now. Nobody who has complained was someone for whom I cannot provide an address. As for the duplicate, I offered to pay you for that extra item, myself. You declined. Now you want to someone use that to justify your inability to deliver?

I offered, bucko, you declined. The errors of YOURS still haven't been resolved, and they've received belligerence and excuses.

Yeah, so I've noticed. I'm still taking crap for being stupid enough to trust you to hold to your word. As usual, of course, rather than step up and admit that you didn't follow through, you're blaming either the recipient, or someone else. Because nothing is ever your fault, yet problems seem to follow you everywhere you go.

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski

Hey, I thought you said you don't make motors -- you're just a middleman.

Here's a news flash for you, Jerry: The phenolic tubing manufacturers have changed hands in recent years, and the quality has gone downhill since then. Of course, if you were an actual motor manufacturer you would have known that. When, exactly, was the last time you made motors? Was it before or after your felony conviction?

raydunakin

Could there actually be another explanation. One in which everyone is telling the truth? I know for example that Jerry's email aggressively filters emails from certain domains (yahoo, to my personal knowledge). So maybe people really have sent him emails, and perhaps the reason that they have gone unanswered is that he really hasn't received them.

Just speculation (except for the part about emails from yahoo).

Reply to
Darren J Longhorn

In conversations with the people who've been having the problems? No. They got replies early on, then they suddenly stopped. Look at the response they get when they ask publicly; hardly pleasant.

Oh, and Richard Burney got sworn at in the email reply he FINALLY got from Jerry.

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski

Yahoo and other 'free' mail sources are heavily used by spammers. Many ISPs now use DNSRBLs to reject mail from known spammers. I know that every now and then even my account that I post these messages from starts rejecting mail from Yahoo as it hits some threshold and is declared a spam source. Then all those stupid yahoo group mail messages start bouncing back to yahoo as well.

I'm sure the same thing happens to other free mail sources, not just yahoo. That's what you get when you use a 'free' mail provider.

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

A good portion of the spam I get lists AOL as its "from" address. I don't get a great deal that lists Yahoo or other free services.

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski

Every time that I wrote to Jerry in the past about ordering products from US Rockets, I received a prompt reply. Many times Jerry would send me a direct comment about things I'd said here on rmr. Curiously, when I politely inquired about when my SRN prize would ship, I received absolutely no response, until (weeks later) I finally stated (publically on rmr) that this was what had occurred.

You can draw your own conclusions.

David Erbas-White

P.S. Same email address used EVERY time, both in sending to him, and my 'reply-to' address.

Reply to
David Erbas-White

I'm not trying to excuse that sort of behaviour.

Reply to
Darren J Longhorn