US Rockets failure to deliver "Save Rocketry Now" prize

All I did was win a prize that he promised to deliver as part of Save Rocketry Now. Instead of delivering said prize or making an offer for a substitute, I ended up sending e-mails back and forth to him for 5 months trying to make him owe up to his commitment. I finally decided to post my situation here in order to force his hand (which it did).

Though I am not an active member of this newsgroup, I have followed this newsgroup for about 5 or 6 years. I have seen a lot of the things said about Jerry and have seen the things that he has said. I have also heard a lot of other stories through other sources about his troubles with the law and his frivolous lawsuits which has resulted in the state of California requiring him now to put up $50,000 of his own money in order for him to initiate a lawsuit.

With that said, when I had won this kit back at the beginning of September, all I expected was him to have mailed the kit out to me in a few weeks of when the winners were announced and that would be the end of it. I didn't expect to go through the crap I have for 6 months now and now having this guy curse, swear and threaten me.

Regardless of his record, I had no reason to believe at the onset of all of this that he was going to pull all this stuff on me. I had no previous dealings with him and I had no personal beef against him. It just blows my mind that this guy is trying to conduct a business with this kind of attitude. How does he expect to maintain current or make new customers?

Reply to
Richard Burney

Of course it's not fun for someone to get ripped off. And the only one that's stating crap from the other side of a monitor is you, AND your hiding behind a bs name.

btw, lay off the hooch.

Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75

Reply to
the notorious t-e-d

Heh, ok ted ... its all one big happy hobby :)

Reply to
lunarlos

In the grand scheme of things, *small* happy hobby. Now baseball card collecting, there's a big happy hobby :)

Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75

Reply to
tdstr

. . .

You got hosed.

Most folks got their prizes but it looks like you were the exception. Bummer, for a while there it looked like JI was turning his act around. I still hope he'll pull it off, however unlikely it seems. Heck, if he'd try taking responsibility for his actions once in a while it'd go a long way.

Thank you for presenting your experience here patiently and fairly. Your input will influence both my and many others' buying decisions in the future.

TK

Reply to
TDKozan