USR Motors on ROL

Wouldn't all "EX" motors be non CSFM motors? Thus wouldn't that make all EX illegal in CA?

Bob Kaplow

Only if you believe the BS of the poster. Pyro-op 2 operators invite non-pyro op users to come and fly their inventons. Wacky inventions.

The land of fruits and nuts!

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Exactly. Jerry is a business man. He knows how to insulate himself. He may be quite tactless and inflamatory, but I could care less, as long as the motors he sells me operate as advertised. If they are good, I will continue to buy them. His legality of manufacture and distribution is *his* problem. May he stay free and clear, so that the marketplace can enjoy the extra motors on the market.

Despite all opinions on Jerry, the FACTS are:

1) He won the case that gave him the assets from the former partnership in 1994, despite what claims others made. The court decided in Jerry's favor. I have seen no one dispute this fact. 2) He is not in jail over any legal issues over his current business(es). Obviously others have attempted to report him. He is still a free man. 3) He has product that would benefit the hobby. Greatly. It is his formulations that gave the use of APCP motors the notoriety that make them so popular in the market today. I have seen no one dispute this. Regular posts of the quality of his motors attest to this. (I intend to personally test this for myself.) 4) The ORGs are not required by law to restrict Jerry, or anyone else, as they currently do; it is a choice made for other reasons. 5) WRT fact #4, they do not restrict all others equally in the same fashion for one reason or another, based upon the TRA/NAR current restrictions. AT is rather highly treated, and given broad leeway, by contrast to others. 6) WRT fact #4 and #5, if the Orgs continue in this fashion, they stand great risk of being the object of a trade restraint legal suit, which, regardless of the outcome, would factionize and fracture the hobby as a whole. Such a suit will not be pretty at all. It is a last resort.

There are more, but I am done for now. Let it be said that if the ORGs do not change their stance, I would stand behind #6. I have neither the capability *nor desire* to lead it, nor for it to occur, but I would support it if it did. This has nothing to do with Jerry. I do not know him from Adam. It has *everything* to do with how I currently stand on the issues today.

~ Duane Phillips.

Reply to
Duane Phillips

incorrect, he lost.

Incorrect.

Almost, But he had a good criminal defense lawyer.

Pay by check 4) The ORGs are not required by law to restrict Jerry, or anyone else, as

Actually they are

Jerry has nothing to sue for

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

A 165 line post...and I could not find anything you added. Exercise your right to snip. PLEASE!

Reply to
Kurt Kesler

More pointless bullshit Dave. No one was talking about you. READ, READ, READ......

Reply to
PhilipD

AMEN and thank you very much. I was just about to ask that of most everyone. BTW, how's the wife and kids? Babies eat into the launch schedule, eh?

Philip

Reply to
PhilipD

Case number? Sound like old Dave may be in the kitchen cooking up some crow for Philip. Do tell more....

Reply to
PhilipD

I think it is Ventura 117435

But I have refrained from posting papers here since it might be harmful to certain security clearances and also the parties have managed to put it behind them, so if you feel you have to discuss it could you please do it off usenet.

Also Kosdon had a heart attack over this shit, one plaintiff since died of stress, and one guy is in destitute poverty, and one was burned badly in a propellant accident.

On top of all that crap, the case number I posted is really only one of

4 individual case numbers that the case involved (small claims, superior, federal, superior).

It is a truly evil can of worms that sucked the life out of 10 people for 10 years and sent 6 lawyers kids to college. No party member ever received more than $10,000 in payments from the other despite larger judgements.

I received a judgement against the dead guy for $1.3m and never lifted a finger to collect. His wife should have a Merry Christmas in her childhood home as a result. That makes me very happy.

Thank you.

As for Tripoi and Rogers and Embry, I repeat. Please.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Uh-oh. I think we have an unresolved issue right here in it's infant state. In light of the current scrutiny the rocketry hobby is under, I think it really unwise to say we're officially a "don't ask, don't tell" group when it comes to buying and selling products determined to be explosives by the BATF.

steve

Reply to
default

Kurt, I found it. Lines 50, 52, 54, 56, 58, 64, 67, and 76 contained Grayvis material.

yer welcome, steve

Reply to
default

So do NOT deal in materials determined to be explosives by the BATFE. Deal ONLY in exempt materials.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Explain this

Looks like a default judgement claim to me. You see it differently?

Please cite the law that brings you to this conclusion.

Bob

Reply to
baDBob

calm down, I was referring to TRA!

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

I'm not a resident of PRK so I don't have a pyro 2 or 3 license. We had motors after a Nevada launch and were visiting Yosemite. We were pulled over and motors were confiscated. This was in 1990. I believe if you have the pyro licenses you can make motors (obviously not CSFM listed).

Probably unless you have a pyro license.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Binford

Nope.

Not "as they currently do". They are not required to demand LEMP. They are required (by the NFPA code they themselves created, authored, edited and voted to adopt) to comply with 27 CFR which exempts PAD from all regs.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I assume if you get a pyro license you can have non CSFM motors. I'm not a PRK citizen.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Binford

Complete bull!

1 No persons involved in the lawsuit had or have security clearances! 2 No persons involved in the lawsuit died from stress ! 3 No persons involved in the lawsuit was burned in a propellant accident!

Jerry Lost in all cases!

The federal case was jerry's bankruptsy (sp?)

Not True, Complete Fabrication!

please what?

Reply to
Dave Grayvis