USR Motors on ROL

Everywhere except Orem, UT and Chicago, IL (the places where the deciders reside that claim "somebody else made me do it".

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

There are excellent reasons for that and ignoring you is the proper procedure during a time of significant positive change.

Watch. Preferably silently unless the motors are suddenly either NAR or TRA appproved.

Only if you want to screw the pooch from the work about 5 people are doing to make things better for everyone.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Which would suit him just fine apparantly. I don't think he resides in, flies in, or even visits CA.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I would simply call CSFM and ask them what, if any CSFM licenses has been issued to one Jerry Irvine....... The application for the various CSFM licenses is a single form....and on it in adition to FIRM/Business Name, you also have to provide your real Name,Address/SSN/etc etc plus you must also attach your Certificate of Insurance.... doesn't seem too difficult to me to find out if a specific individual has a license or license and what types of licenses.....I'm sure CA is advanced enough to place this info in a computer database.....so it could be sorted by name.......

Is it illegal to sale or purchase uncertified motors in certain states? Yes it is.... Is it illegal to manufacture motors, sell motors in or out of state without the appropriate licenses, yes its is....

Can I prove that this person on ROL purchased his motors in CA, or is selling his motors from CA? No I can not... (although the only place that I am aware of that USR ever existed is CA) Can you prove that he has the appropriate licenses to sell these motors? No, you can't.... I, like everybody else in this RMR forum, am expressing my OPINION....MYr interpretation, it may be right or wrong.....

But see this lays bare what the major problem with this hobby is: Their is NO enforcement agency......we all have questions of interpretation and nobody to interpret the codes and laws for us.....the result? Chaos......

Nobody wants the NAR/TRA to function as the interpreter of the NFPA codes that become law... the various SFM could care less......so we all live and work and play in a GREY area......with our own interpretations of what this means and what that means.... shockie B)

shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

But a major affect

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

The same warning applies here as when we had the discussion about calling DOT. Please be very careful. You may not realize the affect that you might have on all of us. You should be very generic in you questions so as not to wake any sleeping giants.

Bob

Reply to
baDBob

Dave W. wrote:

Reply to
RayDunakin

Do you have any indication of that? Has BATF ever indicated that they would want to subject NFPA-style "certified" motors to different treatment from "non-certified" motors (such as industrial types)?

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

You can fly them at a launch not affiliated with Tripoli or NAR. You cannot fly them at a Tripoli EX launch - those launches are intended for those who make their own motors. If your state has adopted NFPA 1127, then they are not high power rocket motors and may be illegal in your state or may just be considered explosives (regardless of wheather they really are explosives) and require licensing. Shipping may be a problem, drive to CA and pick some up to avoid this. I dont care whether he is legal in CA, I can imagine the requirements in that area. BTW, possession of non CSFM listed motors in CA is illegal, found out the hard way.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Binford

GA adopted NFPA 1127 in August 2001. They just referenced it and have not written the exemption (like they have for 1122 motors) into the explosives laws yet.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Binford

No, I do not. But then I didn't make any accusations...

And I wouldn't make any accusations unless A) I knew for a fact it was true and B) it was any of my damn business, which it is not.

Philip

Reply to
PhilipD

I neither know, no care. That is an issue between the seller and the receiver.

Reply to
PhilipD

This is a totally irrelevant response. Joe made (or implied) the accusation (statement?) that the motors will be illegally shipped. Therefore the burden of proof is on him. The claim is not that they will be shipped legally so Phil has to prove nothing. The claim is that the motors will be shipped illegally, and so far Joe has produced nothing to prove that claim. All he has done is try to dodge a legitimate question. Joe, please answer the question. What evidence do you have to substantiate your claim (implication) of illegal shipping? If you don't have actual evidence, then stop the accusation (or as Phil said, shut up). Don't we have anything better to do than engage in idle speculation and accusation? Like build and fly rockets? O d***, I forgot again. This is RMR so who needs logic and reason. Larry Lobdell Jr.

Reply to
Larry Lobdell, Jr.

Seems not on RMR :( Larry Lobdell Jr.

Reply to
Larry Lobdell, Jr.

It doesn't effect rocketry if it turns out illegal and there's a sting on?

Motor certification is between certification entity and manufacturer. What do you care what goes on between the two.

Joel. phx

Reply to
Joel Corwith

Laughable scenario.

Lack of motors approved with manufacturer(s) willing to PUIBLISH the papers of proof of compliance and offer samples to show the motors are real and reliable?

Are you ever right?

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I think a better question to ask would be 'how can joe someone legally ship composite motors?' IIRC the nar site as a link deidcated to motor shipping. To even ship BP motors I know you need at the bare minimal hazmat training.

A couple of years ago I made out like a bandit with the Rocket Vision motor ROL auctions but I knew I was also dealing with a vendor that jumped through all the legal hoops to be able to legally ship motors.

Ted Novak TRA#5512

Reply to
the notorious t-e-d

Who has the DOT link showing the regs only apply to stuff sent "in commerce".

Were they actually sent hazmat?

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Yes. I think I might actually still have the box around in the shop. Probally using it to store the used F32's :)

Ted Novak TRA#5512

Reply to
the notorious t-e-d

Not to get too much doo on my feet, but...

I can verify that at least at one time (1988) there was some one in IL selling USR motors.

Bob Kaplow