O.T. - On Target...

Cheerleader- That was a battle the US fought for Israel, not Israel for us. Kim M

Reply to
Royabulgaf

As a nation, yes. As an empire, no. Kim M

Reply to
Royabulgaf

"William H. Shuey" wrote

Absolutely false. If you'll recall, Mohammed abu Abbas (behind the Achille Lauro hijacking) was captured in Iraq and had resided there long before the war. Sabri al-Banna, the terrorist known as "Abu Nidal" died in Baghdad in

2002. He was behind the 1985 Rome and Vienna airport attacks - among many others -and had gone to Iraq for cancer treatment (or to die in relative peace). Although it was claimed that he died or committed suicide, it is also suspected that the Mukhabarat had him killed solely to add credence to the very argument you are making: "Terrorists? There are no terrorists here in Iraq."

KL

Reply to
Kurt Laughlin

Amen to that- no pun intended. Kim M

Reply to
Royabulgaf

C'mon Kurt, I can do far better than this. No, I don't think it's an ?intentional? joke.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

You're right. I didn't mean to insinuate that the answer was in my home page. Hy home page URL is automatically appended to the bottom of my post in the signature line. Usually I add a couple spaces to the bottom of my post ti visually separage the sig from the post but, sometines I forget. Sorry for the confusion.

My home page:

" In walks the village idiot and his face is all aglow; he's been up all night listening to Mohammad's radio" W. Zevon

Reply to
Bill Woodier

"AM" wrote in news:ooCdnbyjv5sUB6 snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Hi. My name is Sarcasm and you sir are an idiot.

Reply to
Gray Ghost

Some folks aren't bright enough to know just how badly some mispellings hose context.

Reply to
Ron

That or he infected himself with something I really don't want to know about.

Reply to
Ron

Training isn't the issue with the buffoons.......Rule 1 of committing illegal acts NEVER take self incriminating photos.......stupidity is the issue, gross stupidity in fact. As with all willful stupidity, it should be painful for the stupid.

Reply to
Ron

I don't give a big hoo-hah what the third world wants--the term has become sort of meaningless anyway with the collapse of Communism as a confrontational doctrine. There are a lot of 'developing' (now there's a euphemism that covers the truly modernizing and also the chronic failures) countries out there that mistreat their own people in order to keep wages low and maximize exports. If there's a problem with free trade, it's the extent to which it is not fair trade--the extent to which people are essentially enslaved to create market share. That to me is much bigger problem than greenhouse gases. It would be nice to see a treaty that ties the one to the other, but you know darn well who won't ratify that.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

Blame Canada.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

In one of my grad school classes we had a guest speaker who was a lobbyist for NAFTA. Obviously he sang the priases of the program. That night we had another guest/observer from China, he chuckled quietly to himself through most of the NAFTA material. I guess he knew something the rest of us didn't at the time.

Reply to
SamVanga

Ya know ? At least I am man enough to admit when I make a mistake.

Unlike you lower class members of society.

Reply to
AM

Don't be sorry, it was the way you were brought up.

Rather than apologizing, you should be proud of your lower class heritage.

I really don't care about spelling anymore, I'm retired, and having fun :)

Reply to
AM

"Ron" wrote

I don't know if the US ever officially considered any of it's possessions as "colonies". "Possessions" may be about as close as we got, which is plenty for some people.

KL

Reply to
Kurt Laughlin

Hey Ron......I didn't think there was anyone living in the Third World anymore. From what I see every time I go to WalMart or Target, or ride the Metro in the morning, I think they're all living here in the US now. ;~).

My home page:

" In walks the village idiot and his face is all aglow; he's been up all night listening to Mohammad's radio" W. Zevon

Reply to
Bill Woodier

"Ron" wrote

It's appalling to me that stories about immigrants to the US fighting assimilation and holding on to the archaic and more-or-less oppressive customs and traditions of their former countries are invariably portrayed as grand tales of proud people, written in a tone of admiration if not outright hero-worship while the story of an American overseas simply talking about his longing for a occasional good hamburger is cast in a tone of disgust over his arrogance and ignorance.

[Now the intellectually hobbled version for those of you unable to deal with multiple three syllable words in one sentence. . .]

This makes me mad. When someone from outside the US wants to live like they did at home it is written up as a good thing. When someone from the US want to live like they did here, even just a little, it is written as a bad thing.

[My gawrsh, that came frighteningly easy to me. . . I wonder if MiniTrue is hiring?]

KL

Reply to
Kurt Laughlin

From way back in the dim, dark days of elementary school, we officially referred to them as "territories" with a protectorate or two thrown in. Then there is/was the Canal Zone. We never used the word colony.

Reply to
Ron

So it seems these days, especially route 29 in MD between Columbia and Langley Park anytime from 2:30 PM until 7:30 PM, M-F, southbound.....look for any nasty old Toyota held together with bumper stickers in spanish, then look insde and see all the clear bottle necks sticking out of brown paper lunch bags being sipped by the 8-12 occupants of said deathtrap. I guarantee you'll see 20-30 of such vehicles on any given day driving that stretch.

Reply to
Ron