O.T. - On Target...

Just to be on the safe side I want to make it clear that I've never advocated censorship.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

" WmB" wrote

That is really a stupid comment on your part. He can say what he wants but he should just be aware that using the terminology of dullards hurts not only himself but it also lowers the world's collective.

Good grief. I'll bet you don't even know what censorship really is. Doesn't stop you from piping in, however.

KL

Reply to
Kurt Laughlin

"Bill Woodier" wrote

My point: The problem is exemplified by Muslims, but not limited to Muslims.

KL

Reply to
Kurt Laughlin

"Al Superczynski" wrote

He was talking about me for daring to question your choice of terms.

KL

Reply to
Kurt Laughlin

Charley Georges......try a google for the appropriate scifi short story.

Reply to
Ron

Methinks they should have named you Curt, to be precise.

I'm sure Al will be relieved to hear that.

Good grief is right, Charlie Brown. This is RMS not the VoA. Highly unlikely that Al or anyone else around here is leaving as much as a fingerprint on the world's collective... whatever the hell that means.

Well I don't know Moses, do you have time to come down off the mountain and explain it to me?.

That's generally what I'm here for, Mr. Moderator.

WmB

WmB

Yep. You're wearing thin.

WmB

WmB

No luck. You sure you have that spelled right?

Reply to
Al Superczynski

No, he has enough problems with all the criminals hired by TSA without background checks done first. Of course, if the Republicans have their way, TSA will be disbanded and we'll return to minimum wage private siders.

Of course, Bush's own family also denigrates our Border Patrol. Basically feels it is bad they even have pepper spray pellet guns (the Mexicans are offended).

After all, Americans are killed, in our own country, by Mexicans armed with anything from rocks to assault rifles, why should we even pretend to allow them a means of self-defense.

I find the current administration nearly as anti-law enforcement (on our barders) as the traditional leftists who oppose us defending our own nation from illegals (whether here to sell drugs, commit crimes, or steal American jobs while using facilities like schools and hospitals they don't support).

Reply to
SamVanga

Oh, really?

.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

I admire an optimist . Both sides of the aisle have too much vested in the illegals, and their friends in the US, to actually enforce the laws.

Reply to
SamVanga

.....or Allah's anarchists ;~)

-- -- My home page:

" In walks the village idiot and his face is all aglow; he's been up all night listening to Mohammad's radio" W. Zevon

Reply to
Bill Woodier

Good luck! One lad hereabouts stopped a Chinese lady at the Rainbow Bridge in Niagara Falls last month because he thought she was with a drug smuggler that had just been arrested. He says she resisted and actually fought him. She said she didn't. She got roughed up. Now in the best tradition, she is suing the US Government and the Homeland Security/Customs Agent for $5,000,000. He's on unpaid leave, and even if acquited, unlikely to come back. By the Way, the whole incident was caught on security cameras, but Homeland is refusing to realease the tapes to the Agent's lawyer.

The Old Timer

There ya go! Western civilization had a big problem with the original anarchists about 125 years ago to the beginnings on the First World War, but we weathered that storm. With luck (and the help of God) we'll get through this time as well.

The Old Timer

I think so.....last read it 10 years or so ago. I might still have the anthology in the basement.

Reply to
Ron

Yes, really. I don't know which defintion you are specifically looking at, as there are a number there, but some of them are overbroad. To define a fascist as 'a reactionary or dictatorial person' is to drain most of the distinction of the term. Fascists are dictatorial or reactionary persons that seek a 'corporate' state. That is, a strong central state that tolerates no dissent and that has specific socieconomic qualities. None of the past fascist states have ever allowed religion to dictate their path, though most have co-opted religious institutions to fortify their position. These Islamic radicals are hate-filled and reactionary, and if anything are more evil than most of the fascists this planet has had the misfortune to experience, but it doesn't make them fascists. Consequently, "islamofascist" is at best a misleading term, suggesting that brute military force, by itself, is sufficient to crush them, as it would be against a true state.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

As opposed to the stringent background checks required by private employers?

How is higher pay related to higher standards? Specifically, has it been shown that TSA screeners have been any more effective than private screeners were?

Reply to
Al Superczynski

I only see two, the second derived from the first.

Well, I provided a citation for my definition. What's yours other than your personal opinion?

Reply to
Al Superczynski

My point exactly!

Based on the effects of moving to lower cost areas on tech support for a major ISP I used to work with, I am a total convert to the theory of; "You gety what you pay for."

Obviously, it is not universally applicable (few things are in the world), but I submit that govt. employees in security jobs are better than private siders. If not, we should see a return to private police and fire companies etc.

Private security is fine for things like banks and private individuals if they wish. But, if society sees an area of common security (ex. air travel, border inspections, military, coast guard), I would rather see govt. employees (properly trained, led, and equipped, all of which are separate issues) than not.

Reply to
SamVanga

That's a common misperception and that view depends, to a great degree, on which side of the fence you're on. Certainly, one cannot fire a government employee on any whim. However, a lazy and/or careless supervisor who is not doing his/her job as a supervisor in terms of properly monitoring his/her employees might well have a hard time termination a poor performing subordinate.

There are, in fact, specific guidelines to be followed, instituted specifically to protect everyone's interests in such matters. As should be the case in the private sector as well, documentation of substandard performance must be shown. Additionally, evidence of counseling to notify the worker of poor performance along with evidence of the superfisor's corrective actions is also required.

If one follows the established guidelines and procedures, it's a fair and inpartial process and, if one has made the case of substandard performance, terminating such employee is not all that difficult and I've personally had to do that a couple times in the past.

-- -- " In walks the village idiot and his face is all aglow; he's been up all night listening to Mohammad's radio" W. Zevon

My home page:

Bill Woodier