Trumpeter replacement parts saga........

tail wheel for the Bearcat, wrote them a letter, and was sent a replacement in less than a month. Thats pretty good for a model company. Mike IPMS

Reply to
Mike Keown

Well, here's the final episode in the quest for replacement clear parts for the Trumpeter MiG-3. I think I postes a week or so ago that, finally, after over 2 months, the clear parts arrived rom Trumpeter in China.

When I got home yesterday and collected the mail, I was surprised to find a small box fron Stevens in the mailbox. I couldn't remember ordering anything from them but, once inside, opened it. I almost had to rub my eyes 'cause, there, in the box, was a tree of clear parts for the 1.32 scale MiG-3.........yes, a second tree of clear parts. Go figure! The puzzling part is that I never contacted Stevens Intl about the parts; I had gone directly to Trumpeter. I have no idea how Stevens got involved but I now have two sets of clear. I guess I can mess one up and still be OK now ;~).

"The world would be a much simpler place if every one could pick and choose their obligations, but we can't and we shouldn't." Major Charles W. Whittlesey

Reply to
Bill Woodier