Best Rated threads in Solidworks CAD Design softwareshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Problem constraining Flat head screws?
I have tried several things to position a flat head screw, but without success. Is there a trick to this? The top of the screw should be below the surface of the part. The edge between the shoulder...
6
6

Dimensioning a Hexagon
In the event that this is a dumb question, this group has my apologies. I am always having a problem dimensioning a hexagon. It seems that if I add more than one dimension, SWX gives me an...
6
6

View SW custom properties in Windows Explorer?
I've Googled the NG and still haven't found a satisfactory answer. Right-clicking a SW file gives access to SW custom props in a dialogue box, but I'd like to have a column in Win explorer show at...
7
7

ARRGH-Why can't custom property formats be more user configurable?
Tis the season to play with Custom Properties again. It is relatively easy to place the date a document was created in Custom Properties. Just type in $PRP:"SW-Created Date" and the date the document...
8
8

Anyone know the best way to batch convert Cadkey files?
We have been using SolidWorks since SW 99. We still have a large number of files in our legacy format, Cadkey (.PRT). Our current plans are to start using PDF files as our "master" drawing for...
1
1

poser to solidworks
I'm trying to use Cadmus Raindrop Geomagic to convert poser files to the correct file type to import into Solidworks. I'm assuming from previous posts that I export from Poser as an OBJ, then add a...
9
9

Cut List not grouping identical weldments??
Hello, I have only recently begun dealing with weldments and cut lists. On the part I am working on, it seems that SW2006 is NOT (apparently) correctly grouping similar/identical weldment items in my...
5
5

Wacom Tablet and Solidworks
I primarily use Solidworks for product design and have always used a mouse with a scroll wheel for input. However I have been looking at buying a Wacom Tablet for use with Adobe Illustrator and...
14
14

Sketch problem
I get the following message: Sketch9: Warning: This sketch contains dimensions or relations to model geometry which no longer exists. Consider: o Deleting the dangling sketch entities (shown dashed...
2
2

Sketch zero-length entity
I am trying to do a basic extrude following the tutorial. i create my sketch and continue to the extrude properties and i don't get any preview and when i click ok on that screen i get an error...
7
7

Used copies of Solidworks (2023 Update)
I occasionally see used copies of Solidworks for sale on eBay, apparently full versions with original CDs with product key. Are these legitimate? Does having the CD's with a legitimate product key...
21
21

Sheet metal Snap-Fit
I know this is not the place to ask this question. But most of the guys working on sheet metal using solidworks use this forum, So I just wanted to get in touch with them. I am working on sheet metal...
1
1

What's wrong with this assembly?
Hello people! I downloaded this caster assembly from the Sunnex website, however when I attempt to insert the assembly into my main machine assembly I receive an error from SWX: "You cannot insert a...
9
9

Weldment Cut List - listing angle cuts
I created a simple weldment with various angles, and dimensioned it to check what the cut list was doing with the values. I was hoping the cut list would contain all the necessary dimensions (rather...
1
1

Materials & Weights for Toolbox parts (to BOM)
I'm working on a standardized BOM system for my company. For now it looks like I'm stuck using the Toobox, warnings from others notwithstanding. Is there any way to designate a material for these...
7
7

What do you think about this GD&T CBT training material?
Greetings: I am wondering if anyone here has used this GD&T CBT (computer based training courses) GD&T Trainer Professional Edition Based on ASME Y14.5M-1994 from ETI If so, what do you think about it...
1
1

Problem with line font
Hi, I am having a really bad time trying to set my lines font with the dialog box Component Line Font. I've got an A3 drawing with 12 views: section, cropped and special configuration views showing...

Rename a assembly
Hello group, I want to rename an assembly, but i lost all the feature part references. For example, i have the assembly file 01xxx_000_000_A and i want to rename it in 01999_000_000_A. I can do this...
3
3

Modeling a twisted timing belt
Help.....I'm trying to model a timing belt with a 90 degree twist in it. The pulleys are rotated 90 degrees from each other. Just a rectangular profile without teeth. Any help or a sample would be...
13
13

SW vs INVENTOR
Our company is trying to find a suitable 3D cad system. We do not make plastic parts - mostly straight edged steel parts. What is the better program? SOLIDWORKS or INVENTOR? /Peter
47
47