Best Rated threads in Solidworks CAD Design softwareshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Silkscreen for Sheetmetal revisited
Hi all! I did a search on this group to help me with the age old problem of generating a silkscreen drawing, for a sheetmetal enclosure, within SolidWorks that can be used by the printer. The posting...
1
1

Engraving font
Hello, After spending a complete evening searching for a solution to my problem, I have to ask this here. I'm looking for a way to create letters in Solidworks as single lines. This is for engraving...
12
12

Item Balloon for Loctite
We use a dummy (blank) part file for loctite, and other adhesives, in order for these items to show up in our boms. The part files have no geometry, just an item description, vendor part number, etc....
9
9

Sheet Metal Flat Pattern Not Updating on Drawing - HELP!
We have a very serious issue with SolidWorks Drawings at the moment; in particular, with flat patterns of sheet metal parts. Here's what happens: 1. Have a sheet metal part and cooresponding flat...
2
2

WMF (or .AI, or EPS) Import to SolidWorks
I am trying to import a Windows Meta File (WMF) into SolidWorks. I am generating the files from Adobe Illustrator. Insert > Object gives me just an icon of the file in a new part. Basically, I need to...
4
4

Outer threads
hello, I just started using Solidworks 2004 about 2 days ago, so go easy on me. I'm trying to create a threaded rod, with the threads on the outside of it. that's about it, I have no clue what to do....
11
11

Blistering SolidWorks speed....
Hello all... We just put in a new workstation here running SolidWorks. We installed an application called Superspeed ( and SolidWorks ABSOLUTELY FLIES!!! Sorry, I don't have benchmark results, but I...
29
29

Frustrated with 2004
Just venting, but why can't SW Corp. slow down and stop releasing so many darn releases/SP's and just release one that has all bugs fixed. I think 2004 is the worse release so far. We all know, that...
43
43

COSMOS/Works vs. Ansys for SolidWorks
Has anyone had experience with both programs? Pros? Cons? Is the ANSYS interface to SolidWorks complete? Why would you choose one over the other? Thanks. Richard Doyle Manitex, Inc.
6
6

Sweep with path vs Extrude with path
THis is something new in '04. The option to choose a path of sorts while doing an extrusion seems just like a sweep to me. Though you cant use curves to define the path in the extrude feature. I guess...
6
6

Error occured during the move data process
Hello, Does anyone know why I keep getting this error when I try to upgrade from 2001 plus to 2003 sp3. I have tried to install 2003 by upgrading from the installed SW 2001 and I have also tried to...
6
6

Default Shaded With Edges - Can this be changed?
Is there a way to change the fact that all parts/assemblies open up with their edges shown (Shaded with Edges)? I know that this is a template setting, but this bites for all parts or assemblies that...
12
12

Catia V4 help!
Hi all, anyone can help me about share some url links or tutorials about Catia V4 (V4.22 is better)? I am looking for some learning resources about Catia V4. Thanks a lot! please reply here or send me...
2
2

Re: harley engine
Mads, You might try Buell as they use SWx as their design software. I don't know how willing they would be to give out an entire engine (those may still reside at Harley) due to licensing issues. You...
3
3

Sketch has more than one open contour
I have a 2D sketch which has straight lines and splines - those entities are together supposed to form a closed shape, but I suspect there are gaps between the ends of the entities. When I attempt to...
8
8

Looking for any information on a plastic Butterfly hinge design
I thought I'd ask here if anyone has any information or specifications for a typical Butterfly hinge. I'm looking for any patents, design drawings, or contacts in the industry that can help me in...
8
8

Geometric tolerance symbols in ms word
A QA guy is writing reports in ms word and he asked me how to insert geometric tolerance symbols in to the text Any suggestion welcome
5
5

SolidWorks Sucks...
Just found this Forum... Glad to see that people still have hope in Solidworks. The techsupport people send me E Drawings for dummies ; ) I've been using Solidworks at work for a year now (not by...
72
72

NATO thread specs
Hi Folks, Does anyone know where to get NATO thread specifications. Specifically for respirator (gas mask) canisters where they screw into the mask. They look kinda like plastic bottle threads. The...
4
4

Exporting error
I'm relatively new to Solidworks. I basically use it to convert *.stl files into *.x_t files to use in ADINA. The lab I work at just got the 2007 sp0.0 version of Solidworks and I was trying convert...
1
1