Best Rated threads in Solidworks CAD Design softwareshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Anybody using Mutoh XP-500 plotter?
I have someone offering a free one. I wonder if anyone out there is using one with Solidworks? I know that this is an old plotter so really what I'm looking for is experience... have you got one...
2
2

Save As PDF Batch Prog or Macro
I asked this question once before. Can somebody help me out with creating a macro or custom task for the task scheduler that will let me do a "Save As PDF"? It would be great if it worked much the...
11
11

Unexpected File Format Error
I am running SW 2005 SP0.1. I just saved my assembly and went to open it again and got and "Unexpected File Format" error. I then tried to open each part to see what part may be causing the problem....
6
6

Inventor has "Slice graphics" Does SW have a similar option?
I have learned Inventor and now am using Solidworks. Everything is fine except I cannot find a similar function to the Inventor slice graphics option. I am working on "box" like parts. They are...
4
4

sldFuncFeat cannot be loaded ???
Sw2006 SP5.1, XP Pro This morning I got this message: "sldFuncFeat Cannot be loaded. Either the add-in or one of it's components is missing" I have only one add-in checked, that works correctly, and...
4
4

Re: Delcam For SolidWorks
You again copied from an ad.
48
48

Square tubing
When working with weldments & square tubing The offering of tubing sizes is very small. How can I add more sizes to the list or edit the ones that are there? I can't find anything in help. SW 2008....
4
4

Re: UG NX 6 To Run On Mac OS X
Actually the Mac OS-x is a very good OS. A couple years ago I met a fellow at SWW who's company bought Macs to run SW on using a virtual machine. They did this for performance reasons. UG is now less...
6
6

CGS versus Brep
Dear folks, out of curiosity as a (systems) programmer, i'm currently evaluating a number of (solid) modellers and their implementation techniques. What i am seeing is the almost absolute dominance of...
6
6

MateXpert
How do you turn MateXpert off? And in the What's New it states under Other Enhancements it states that: During editing, the software changes the alignment of related mates automatically if necessary...
9
9

Unable to recognize arc and circle in a Solidworks drawing
Hello @ all. I have a problem with solidworks (i use in this moment 2007 version). I have some step file thats and must be create a drawings. when i to try dimensioning arc or circle appear message...
4
4

split line removal
As you know split lines can be very difficult to remove from a part if a design changes means they are no longer necessary. This happens to me with plastic part design occasionally when a split line...
28
28

sketch only skeleton
I wish to have a part file that only has sketches in it to be the driving skeleton file. But, when I start a new part file and insert the skeleton part file in, the sketch doesn't come through. If...
10
10

Custom properties from ODBC
Anybody tried pulling custom properties from ODBS or SQL Server using SW macro I think this is little bit over my head, but I'm willing to learn Looking for some tutorials, code examples or anything...
3
3

Unscrewing core draft analysis
I'm designing a part that needs an unscrewing core. For a straight pull part, we have draft analysis that works like a charm. How do you do an equivalent "draft analysis" for an unscrewing core? All I...
19
19

Unigraphics Compatibility
I am involved in a project where my deliverable is a set of Unigraphics 3-D files and 2-D drawing files. Does anybody know of some sort of converter, or how best to take the Solidworks files and...
9
9

coined countersinks
We frequently coin countersinks in sheet metal. The process is done on a turret by punching a thru hole and then restriking the hole with a countersink punch and die set. The material is offset into...
8
8

How to draw Logarithmic Spiral ?
Hi ! All Please help me. who can tell how to draw Logarithmic Spiral? The spiral has the equation r= aE^bt. Thanks
2
2

Cannot start Solidworks 2004 after reinstallation
Hi, I have recently purchased a new PC and I have installed my Solidworks 2004 but it does not work. The installation of Solidworks on my old PC was done by a friend of mine who is not availble right...
6
6

NXN Alienbrain and Solidworks
Anybody know anything about the integration of these two. My company didnt want to use PDM stating it did not work with all their file types (which is probably a bunch of bull since they are all...
2
2