Best Rated threads in Model railroading in the UKshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Green Arrow Error?
Hi all, Why does the 'new' Bachmann model of the Green Arrow have the wrong chimney? All of my photos show a single circular outlet - including the original Photo from 1936 that my Grandfather had...
24
24

Gibson Footbridge kit
Me again, Trying to source a platform mounted footbridge kit for a GER station. I think I found one from Gibson; their etched footbridge kit, (Mainly Trains GI4MM091 (Gibson) MR Etched Footbridge Kit)...
13
13

Can someone tell me what NEM sockets are?
Have been following various threads. Can't quite work out what NEM sockets are - is it something to do with DCC or couplings or both? Cheers! NEM sockets are the European standard pocket for swappable...
12
12

Hornby R 277 Bungalow - anyone got one FS?
Has anyone got the Hornby R 277 Bungalow unmade kit knocking around and don't need it? I'd love one, but as it is now discontinued, I can't get one so far. If anyone has one and is willing to let it...
12
12

Hornby Zero 1 - help!
A visit to the loft revealed my '80s Hornby track, locos, rolling stock etc. I see that I junked the controllers in favour of the Zero 1 control system inc one slave unit. Not all locos have modules,...
13
13

Bachmann 08 Shunter
I have just bought a black shunter number 13029 but I can't find any reference to this loco. I have looked in a 1951, 1960 and 1963 Combined volumes plus a 1952, 1961 and 1963 shed allocation book. Is...
10
10

Gunpowder wagons
In the BR era, were there any restrictions on how gunpowder vans were worked, in terms of where in a train they were marshalled, did they have to have barrier wagons, was loose shunting permitted etc....
10
10

Bulk Soda Ash wagons question
Hi again, Having seen the Bulk Soda Ash train on Garry Brookes' excellent website, I now have a burning desire to model some of those wagons. What can I say - I have wagonitis. Does anyone have any...
11
11

Corridor connectors
Evening group. Anyone know of a supplier of corridor connectors for N gauge stock? TIA H I have just published my first set of photos on my new Fotopic site at the following address them out and match...
2
2

00 live steam - not Hornby
At the Chiltern MR exhibition at St Albans last weekend, Brian Caton was showing a large layout displaying his 00 and 009 live steam models that he has been making for the last 20 years (I'd seen an...

Bachmann Deltic Review.
Having previously highlighted a few errors after viewing a photo of Bachmann's "Nimbus", I have now had a chance to look over a model "in the flesh". The shape of the bodyshell is superior to any...
152
152

When were ECM Compspeed controllers introduced?
Does anybody know when ECM Compspeed controllers were introduced? There is a thread on where Mikes Train House (MTH) are sueing the DCC suppliers for using back EMF control in their modules. They...
2
2

Painting the Peco OO turntable well
Hi I'd like to paint my Peco turntable well but having never seen one in real life and with photographs being shot from ground level, I'm unsure of how best to finish it. I suspect the concrete walls...
2
2

Noisy Prairie Engine
Hi, I have been given an Airfix Black Prairie tank engine. The model has good slow and fast control, but it makes a lot of noise when it runs. Were these Airfix Prairie engines always this noisy??? My...
6
6

Hammant And Morgan controllers
Can anyone advise me about H and M controllers please ? I have just acquired some old 00 items and amongst them are an H and M Duette, which works perfectly (it is around 20 years old). There is also...
12
12

BCA's Railway Book Club in Swindon
Last month, via a advert tucked into one of our sons Model Railway mag's, I ordered four books from BCA's Railway Book Club in Swindon ! I got the two most expensive books but 'Railway Modelling' &...
3
3

Methfix transfers
Have just bought some Methfix transfers, but have no idea how to use them :-( They are described as varnish or Methfix, whichever you prefer. Well, I prefer waterslide, which is all I have ever used,...
12
12

O Gauge LIMA Coaches
Has anyone converted two LIMA O Gauge Coaches ( BSK) into a a full Brake BG There a convereted Coach adsvertised on E bay and i would like to know how it was done but getting the hacksaw out on £60...
9
9

second motor in lima deltic
I have now got a layout with track only so far, and after many years, I have also got my collection of Lima deltics dusted and running, after being stored in the loft. As expected, they ran poorly,...
11
11

Hornby Class 50 problems (DCC)
Any advice appreciated. I have a Hornby class 50 (Ark Royal) fitted with a Lenz 1035 decoder. I was bought the model as a present but it was some time before I could run it and when I did I found its...
21
21