Best Rated threads in Model railroading in the UKshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

LOOKING for Italian locos Rivarossi
Anyone got any Rivarossi Italian locos Ho or O that they want to depart with? old wrecks for parts also welcome. will buy or exchange for UK locos if prefered that I have in my collection. Thanks for...

Hornby Coalfish
I have baught two R6216 / R6216A "Coalfish" wagons. Now, for some daft reason I thaught they would be the same wagon apart from running numbers. However, the earlier one looks quite chunky in...
2
2

Coach combinations
I'm building a model railway, which will be a two-track mainline and single branchline, set "somewhere north", covering both Midland and Eastern Regions and set in mid-50's to mid-60's. Some of the...
5
5

Plans for a sentinel Loco
Does anyone know of plans that have been either publish in a Rail magazine or kit for a LNER Sentinal Y3 0-4-0 ( oir does any one sell plans of one) I wish to biuld one for a industrial scene andcant...
5
5

Turntable at the end of a fiddle yard
I have been planning a layout for an 11ftx11ft area and to save space was going to have the fiddle area at at lower level under the layout but was facing the problem of having a 22in radius curve into...
21
21

Signals
Dear all I'm going to start building the station Terminus soon, and will need signals. There is 6 roads and three platforms with a MPD near the throat. Era 1954 - 1964ish, location BR Southern, but...
10
10

Wiring in a RELCO device.
Can anyone guide me on how to wire up a RELCO device to my two rail layout please. I have a RELCO, which when laid on the table has to the left, 2 terminals plus the words 'OUT' & 'TO TRACK'. On the...
2
2

Dapol Pendolino Coaches
Hello I am new to Model Railwaying, can anyone tell me were I can get Dapol Pendolino Coaches from for a reasonable price as I want to extend my train. I thank anyone who can help me. e-bay Yo Dapol @...
7
7

Casting Mediums for Buildings?
Hi, Can anyone suggest any alternative casting mediums that are available in the UK by post or in Birmingham for use with rubber moulds such as Linka? What about mediums such as resin. Anyone know if...
9
9

Expansion gaps
Hmmm. Expansion gaps required in 00 layout, longish runs of track. Is there a reasonable guideline for width and frequency? Guy I can tell you the story about how I got it wrong, if that would help?...
31
31

suitable rolling stock for Deltic class 55
Hello, I am looking at getting a Bachmann Class 55 Deltic (32-527) 012 'Crepello' BR Blue My existing locos and rolling stock are Hornby What is suitable rolling stock for the Deltic ? Paul. Paul...
11
11

Lima Mk1 O gauge coaches
Hi, I've got a friend who is changing to brass O gauge and wishes to sell a set of 9 Lima Mk1 O gauge coaches. I believe these are a mix of types and are in either blue/grey or Network southeast. They...
2
2

AMI Instant Roadbed - How it went (and layout latest if you're interested)
You may remember a few weeks back I asked for information on AMI Instant Roadbed. Anyway, found a supplier, bought a roll, and as promised, letting you know how it went. It's good stuff - I tended to...
1
1

Baseboards
Any suggestions for baseboards ?, my main concern is weight, are there any alternatives to Sundealea boards (would any fibreboard work if it was strengthened at regular intervals with 2x1 batons ?)...
4
4

Mallard and Teak Coaches
Hi I've been asked to find out any information on the 'running order' of the 'teak' coaches that were run with the Mallard. I believe there were 1st 2nd and 3rd Class with perhaps Dining Coaches? Is...
8
8

Wirral Finescale Railway Modellers Website
Happy New (ish) Year to all, Wirral FS web site updated :- some pictures of Mostyn at Wigan, Mostyn photos by Tony Wright (BRM), our diary and a new section "workshop" started with its first entry...

Mystery Bachmann Crab detailing parts
Can any tell me what the following mystery parts in the Bachmann Crab detail pack are for please ? 1) A rectangular box with open top, one open end, a slot in the base and a countersunk screw hole....
4
4

Kadee NEM Couplers on Bachmann 4MT Tank
Has anyone else noticed that the NEM socket on the Bachmann 4MT is a different height on the front than the back, and that Bachmann's own tension lock couplings have the bar at different heights in...
18
18

O-gauge Lima / Bachman scale question
Hello All, I believe some Lima offerings in O gauge use differing scales, such as the coaches being 1/48 whilst locos are 1/43. At shows, certain Lima outline offerings turn up, such as a French...
34
34

Problem with Bachmann class 37
The Loco derailed on a corner. When I put it back on the track I found that the driving axle wheels weren't gripping the track (they spun rapidly but the train moved slowly). I could partially correct...
9
9