Best Rated threads in Model railroading in the UKshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

2mm brick papers
Hi, Does anyone know if brick papers can be obtained in N gauge ? If so can someone point me in the right direction. Most of my searches come up with 4mm scale or larger :( Cheers Malcolm
15
15

Fleischmann Turntable
I'm thinking of investing in a Fleischmann HO 6651C Electrically Operated Turntable. But I first need to check whether it will fit in the space available. As far as I can see the length of the bridge...
1
1

Spirit Blowlamps
I've just been discussong silver soldering small detail parts with a friend and we got on to discussing small, controllable sources of heat which wouldn't melt the work pieces. I can remember having...
2
2

Bachmann Standard 4MT 32-356
Has anyone tried fitting a decoder to this model, and if so how did you get the body off? I am beginning to suspect that the model has been changed since previous versions and that the included...
17
17

LOOKING for Italian locos Rivarossi
Anyone got any Rivarossi Italian locos Ho or O that they want to depart with? old wrecks for parts also welcome. will buy or exchange for UK locos if prefered that I have in my collection. Thanks for...

Track cleaning wagon
I bought an HO gauge Lilliput track cleaning wagon about 20 years ago. It looks like a Shell oil tanker, but there is a screw top that you open and fill with meths. On the bottom there are a pair of...
16
16

Hornby Coalfish
I have baught two R6216 / R6216A "Coalfish" wagons. Now, for some daft reason I thaught they would be the same wagon apart from running numbers. However, the earlier one looks quite chunky in...
2
2

Coach combinations
I'm building a model railway, which will be a two-track mainline and single branchline, set "somewhere north", covering both Midland and Eastern Regions and set in mid-50's to mid-60's. Some of the...
5
5

O Gauge LIMA Coaches
Has anyone converted two LIMA O Gauge Coaches ( BSK) into a a full Brake BG There a convereted Coach adsvertised on E bay and i would like to know how it was done but getting the hacksaw out on £60...
9
9

Plans for a sentinel Loco
Does anyone know of plans that have been either publish in a Rail magazine or kit for a LNER Sentinal Y3 0-4-0 ( oir does any one sell plans of one) I wish to biuld one for a industrial scene andcant...
5
5

Turntable at the end of a fiddle yard
I have been planning a layout for an 11ftx11ft area and to save space was going to have the fiddle area at at lower level under the layout but was facing the problem of having a 22in radius curve into...
21
21

Peco crossovers
I have a bjiou promlem-ette with some Peco diamond crossings. The way they are built, there is an exposed rail-end of opposite polarity to the adjacent rail such that if the back of the wheel touches...
23
23

Signals
Dear all I'm going to start building the station Terminus soon, and will need signals. There is 6 roads and three platforms with a MPD near the throat. Era 1954 - 1964ish, location BR Southern, but...
10
10

Wiring in a RELCO device.
Can anyone guide me on how to wire up a RELCO device to my two rail layout please. I have a RELCO, which when laid on the table has to the left, 2 terminals plus the words 'OUT' & 'TO TRACK'. On the...
2
2

Dapol Pendolino Coaches
Hello I am new to Model Railwaying, can anyone tell me were I can get Dapol Pendolino Coaches from for a reasonable price as I want to extend my train. I thank anyone who can help me.
7
7

Casting Mediums for Buildings?
Hi, Can anyone suggest any alternative casting mediums that are available in the UK by post or in Birmingham for use with rubber moulds such as Linka? What about mediums such as resin. Anyone know if...
9
9

Expansion gaps
Hmmm. Expansion gaps required in 00 layout, longish runs of track. Is there a reasonable guideline for width and frequency? Guy
31
31

suitable rolling stock for Deltic class 55
Hello, I am looking at getting a Bachmann Class 55 Deltic (32-527) 012 'Crepello' BR Blue My existing locos and rolling stock are Hornby What is suitable rolling stock for the Deltic ? Paul. Paul...
11
11

Lima Mk1 O gauge coaches
Hi, I've got a friend who is changing to brass O gauge and wishes to sell a set of 9 Lima Mk1 O gauge coaches. I believe these are a mix of types and are in either blue/grey or Network southeast. They...
2
2

i need to find
I need to find a virgin what is double ended but there are lots about but i can't find the site. please tell me one of the sites
10
10