Made in China?

Fell off the back of a lorry guv.

R.

Reply to
Richard

Sounds like they want fully trained people...

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

Was that just a rant or a reply ?....

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

So if the USA President was talking about firing off his nuclear weapons because he didn't like a countries leaders we should stand by him (or her) and not try to change his mind ?....

I think you need to take a reality check Kim ! :~(

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

At least both times Thatcher did so there was a legitimate reason for doing so....

Blair was hedging his political bets IMO, at the time there were serious problems with our relationship with the EU (there probably still are) and serious moves by some (even main stream parties) to pull back from the EU, and as the USA is probably our next obvious trading partner outside of the EU....

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

":::Jerry::::" wrote

I'd suggest it was a *considered* reply! ;-)

John.

Reply to
John Turner

":::Jerry::::" wrote

Bring back the Empire, we never had any shortage of trading partners in those days. ;-)

John.

Reply to
John Turner

.....like an election coming up in the near future in the case of the Falklands :-).

Jim.

Reply to
Jim Guthrie

abandon

1,250,000,000

nothing

inventory

And is mostly crap bought by Wayne and Waynetta Slob if they're anything like our pound stores.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

Smiley noted but... As with a lot of statistics (or scare stories) you need to read between the lines. When you consider the proportion of shoes manufactured in China (and IIRC it isn't actually "most") alongside the proportion of the worlds population who live in China it's hardly a surpising statistic. Unless, that is, the population of China walk around bare-foot.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

Mark!

Next thing you'll be comparing our spineless lickspittle PM with THEIR spineless lickspittle PM!

But why don't we ask the real power? Uncle Rupert and his News Ltd media stormtroopers, as exemplified in the fair and balanced (NOT) Fox News? Or the Sydney Daily Telegraph? Or.....

Democracy is dead. Long live the Murdochracy.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Magee

Naah, piss orf, we dont want you any more!!! And you still can't play cricket! :-)

Anybody else remember that Empire Day in Oz at least used to be May 24th? We used to get a half day holiday to build our bonfires, to get ready for cracker night...

Ah, me...

Steve Newcastle NSW Aust

Reply to
Steve Magee

Is that anywhere near the Isle of Sod 'em?

Steve

Reply to
Steve Magee

Smiley noted but...

Far from it, she didn't need to have an election for two years, in fact after the Falklands war she made it quite clear that she would not call an early election on the back of the wars outcome.

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

"Jim Guthrie" wrote

Or trying to reset the natural order of things in the Arab world? Both conflicts against Iraq would have been extremely unlikely had oil not been a factor.

I have not seen anyone suggesting we should be trying to unseat that evil despot in Zimbabwe, who doesn't seem much different to Sadam Hussein, but then is there any oil in that part of Africa?

John.

Reply to
John Turner

So piss off out of the uk.* groups then !

And you still can't play

And you can't play rugby... :~)

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

That's a matter of opinion. She governed over the most unstable economy we've had in modern times and she needed everything going for her to ensure a win at her next election. Commentators of the period have stated that the Falklands war could have been averted diplomatically if the Blessed Leaderene had wanted it,

What she said and what she did were very rarely the same.

Jim.

Reply to
Jim Guthrie

I happened to be working on something which was related to the shoe-making industry in Northampton and it would appear that there is not much of our indigenous shoe-making industry left. And I think we have just lost Clarkes factory in the South West. So probably most of the shoes worn in Britain must be coming from somewhere outside our shores.

I just found this site as one of many which refers to the size of China's shoe export market.

Jim.

Reply to
Jim Guthrie

Err, no it's a matter of FACT, she was elected in 1979 meaning that the next election didn't have to be until 1984 - which would have been the maximum 5 year term allowed.

She governed over the most unstable economy we've

But she didn't need the outcome of the Falklands, she used the same economic tactics as Mr Brown has - in her case though it was by engineering short term booms rather than a short term give away.

Commentators of the period have stated that the Falklands

Now THAT is a mater of opinion, the whole Falklands situation could have been averted if the warning signs had been noted, but it's a different matter if the invasion forces would have ever left voluntarily given the views still held by many Argentine citizen.

Get a clue man, just look at when the election was ! The election was 12 months after the Falklands conflict ended, that is hardly cashing in the victory, especially considering all the conflict and strife that was happening within the UK at the time...

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

Geez man, I wouldn't say that too loudly on your next trip to Canada, Oz, South Africa, or NZ. The good old days of colonial subservience were gone even in 1939! They were independent allies BY CHOICE. Mike in BC

Reply to
mcgray