New Chick CNC Vise

> PS Seriously, put an indicator on both jaws of that vise.
I'll be all over the boss to get it back in so we can do this.
In the mean time maybe someone can post how much the Kurt vise that Garlicdude posted he has sells for.... the one with the solid jaw that can be put on its side. I'm too busy with my blog and need to delegate this task. Since you make so little and should be retired perhaps you can handle this task. ;>)
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA
jon_banquer wrote:

Jon:
    I thought you guys already bought it.

    If I make so little, that means I've got to work twice as much, eh? LOL
http://kurtworkholding.com/manual-versatile-lock-vise-p-1127-l-en.html
$794.60
--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob

You thought the Chick CNC vise was open on the side of it and you were dead wrong.
You're wrong on a constant basis because you and the lying ignorant idiots you surround yourself with makes tons of ASSumptions.
Produce the proof where I said we had purchased it already. We're thinking of doing so.

You should be at least $30 per hour. You're getting badly "f"ed over.

Helpful, thanks. Maybe they sell for $700 or less on sale? I wonder if they ever go on sale?
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA
jon_banquer wrote:

Jon:
================================================I asked: > What would be a more fair comparison is to put your indicator on the > new Chick and then on a NEW Kurt.
You replied: I'm happy to let you do that. You can even do it on a Sunday when there is no traffic and you can easily make the trip down here in 1 1/2 hours. ================================================    How could you let me put an indicator on the Chick vise on a Sunday if you didn't already have it in your shop?
--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob

Once again you have failed to use logic, Parrot Bob. We can have it in the shop but not own it.
Here is an example for you:
A few months ago we had a height master in the shop for a few weeks. (Tesa)
It was left for us to evaluate.
We decided not to purchase it. It's no longer in our shop.
Keep in mind, I don't work for some mom and pop little shop where the boss is so cheap that he buys Chinese Kurt knock off vises at an auction and who pays their help (you) coolie wages.
Keep surrounding yourself with slimebag liars like Tom Brewer, Barney Rubble, Joe 788 and the drunk who use to sell CADCAM and you will continue to makes mistake after mistake after mistake just like they do.
BTW, notice how Tom Brewer says we don't maintain our equipment yet his vises look like crap? Typical Tom Brewer behavior.
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA
jon_banquer wrote:

Jon:
    You just said a few posts ago:
====================================================BB wrote: > PS Seriously, put an indicator on both jaws of that vise.
Jon wrote: I'll be all over the boss to get it back in so we can do this. ===================================================    If you have to "get it back", then that means you don't have it now.     It seems the more you talk, the more you get tangled in a web of your own making.
--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob
BottleBob wrote:
Jon:
    I wanted to get this to you before you left for work. IF, you'll be working today.
    Assuming you still have the Chick vise at your shop - Here are the checks I would preform.
    Put a block in the upper part of the Chick vise jaws on tall parallels like "Zymrgy" suggested and clamp it strongly, do a quickie (Fail-Pass) check by trying to insert a .001-.0015 feeler gauge under the surface of the movable jaw support and the base. Then try to put the feeler gauge behind the lower part of the solid jaw & jaw support. Next try to put it under the solid jaw support and the base. If the feeler gauge goes into any of these areas, that's an immediate FAIL.     On to the indicator tests. You should put your indicator on both the solid jaw support AND the movable jaw support while clamping to see IF or HOW MUCH they lift vertically. Move the indicator across the movable jaw support. again before and after clamping to make sure it's not lifting on just one side. Then check behind the solid jaw to see how much it moves in Y under clamping pressure. You can put your indicator on the very back of the solid jaw support as a double check to see if it's the jaw support or the jaw itself that's tilting. The results of those tests should tell you if the Chick is still worth consideration.
    I personally think the Chick vise would be a poor investment compared to the 3600V Kurt, because of all the points I brought up before. The checks above will confirm that assessment if it fails those tests.     As far as the Kurt 3600 series goes, be advised that it only has a jaw opening of 6". If you need more, you'll have to look at a different model. But if you use the Chick spacers to screw your Talon-Grip jaws to, you'll use up about 1 1/2" of the extra 2" opening of the Chick anyway.
    Here a 3610V, which is a reverse vise. Meaning the solid jaw is toward you - on the handle side. It still only has a 6" opening though.
http://kurtworkholding.com/manual-versatile-lock-reverse-vise-p-1137-l-en.html
--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob

Wouldn't he already have done all of this during his evaluation of the product Bob? Perhaps Jon is going to be doing his evaluation soon and is surreptitiously attempting to find out how to do so here.
JC
John R. Carroll wrote:

John:          Someone that has indicated their current vises and noticed a movement of the stationary jaw (as was concerned about it), should "AT THE LEAST" do that particular check when evaluating a NEW vise.     The other indicating operations would be for a more complete check.     And the feeler gauge thing was just my idea that popped into my head at the spur of the moment for a quickie GO-NOGO check. You might say it was a machining tip... err well a checking tip anyway. :)

    Well he already said he had the vise at his shop, sent it back, still had it for evaluation, and then said he could get it back. So I don't know WHERE the vise is.
    One other thing though, if *I* were going to check out the 3600 series Kurt vise with the integral solid jaw support, I'd unscrew the jaw and put an indicator directly on the jaw support an check it vertically. That could be an area where, in production, the cup wheel doing side wheel grinding could break down and create a slightly out of square condition with the base, especially right near the bottom.
--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob

We can have it back at a moments notice.

Keep up your bullshit and I'll stop responding to anything you post.
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

You don't have it then. You lied.

Insane. Simply insane.
jon_banquer wrote:

Jon:
    Forgive me. I didn't mean to upset you. Your comments seemed a little ambiguous and I was just trying to clarify them in my own mind concerning what you exactly meant. And I'm still not perfectly clear on whether you have the vise or not.
First you said that I could drive down on a Sunday so we could check the vise out. So I thought you guys had already bought it.
Then you implied it was at your shop on an evaluation basis like the Height Master.
But then you further added that you'll have to be "all over the boss to get it back in", implying that its not CURRENTLY in your shop and you'll have to get it back.
    I mean you can see how confusing all this might be to someone, can't you? I was just trying to sort it all out. Do you have the vise in your shop now, so you could do some tests on it? I'd be interested in the results.
    Please don't stop responding to me. I consider us buds and I'd sure hate to lose the opportunity of chatting with a machining buddy.
--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob

It's no longer worth my time correcting your assumptions.
You've become what you have surrounded yourself with.
Best of luck to you,

Translation: You've caught me lying so much that I can't stand being called on it anymore so if I don't talk to you I won't have to risk being busted again.

Translation: You spend most of your time responding to my lies and now you are a lying slimeball like me.
Pretty close ?????
You're too easy lil jonnie. Everyone's on to you and all your non- stop lies !!!! Keep it up though......we enjoy laughing at you. :)
Barn
On Nov 28, 10:24pm, barn snipped-for-privacy@excite.com wrote:

How about that,,,,, Just ran out of popcorn!!!
On Nov 28, 10:46pm, snipped-for-privacy@msn.com wrote:

You have to laugh at the idea of Jon not having enough time to explain his web of lies to Bob, yet he *does* have enough time to go through and give everybody a 1 star rating, and then log out/log in as Larry, so he can give himself 5 star ratings.
Serious, serious social and mental problems.
> You have to laugh at the idea of Jon not having enough time to explain

I posted last night to one of his lies. Within seconds he had given me "a star". Just a minute or two after that he had posted one of his "copy/paste" responses. He's just a lil too obvious. I think he's "stalkin" me. :)
Barn
Joe788 wrote:

Joe:
    Ya know, I never notice these "Stars" since I don't post from Google. But I just went over there just now to see what you're talking about. It seems I've got a fan - or probably more correctly an anti-fan of Jon's. LOL     Poor Cliff doesn't seem to have ever gotten above one star.
    Nobody pays any attention to these star ratings, do they?
--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob

Just the lying slimeballs you choose to surround yourself with... Joe788, Barney Rubble, Cliff Huprich, etc.

Jon, don't you remember pointing to your Google rating as "proof" that people were picking up what you were laying down? Too bad you got caught accidentally posting as Larry, the magical 5 star rating giver.
"Nope. Not born out by my Google rating. Sorry. Check it out for yourself. There are obviously quite a few people who appreciate that I don't mince words and that I cut through the bullshit in this newsgroup which more often than not does not mirror what happens in the real machining job shop world." - Jon Banquer May 2007