New Chick CNC Vise

Well variety is the spice of life Thats what the judge is gonna tell my wife She said why did you have to do it?, why you such a fool? I can't resist to try something new..........

--The Doors, Other Voices--circa 1971

Reply to
Bipolar Bear

For jobs with light clamping pressure requirements I have several 3/4" sockets (fits 6" vises) with various modifications to them in my box. One has a knurled disk twice the diameter of the socket welded to it. Another with a 3/8 rod no longer than the width of my hand welded to it and sticking out one side only. Another with a 3/8 rod the same length but sicking out both sides like a stubby t-handle socket. The idea being to limit the amount of torque without the aid of a torque wrench.

When I need better precision than what's attainable using Kurt vises, I get my precision vises out. Yes, I said my vises. Shop precision vises which have had various fuckwits cranking on them with cheater bars aren't precision anymore. :/

Reply to
Black Dragon

Sounds like we have both worked with the same fuckwits over the years

Reply to
zymrgy

The funny part is an ignorant idiot like Brewer thinks someone who works in a shop can control how others treat a vise. The would be yet another example of the of the kind of "logic" this moron uses on a constant basis.

I'd like to point out that so far, other than opinions, no one has produced any FACTS that prove an aluminum-based vise is inferior to a cast iron one when it's clamped to a CNC machine table or to a tombstone. Maybe this is because when someone looks at a clear pictures and drawings of the Chick CNC vise and thinks it has holes in the sides of it one can't expect much in the way of proof and reasonable conclusions.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
jon_banquer

Perhaps Bottlebob,Tom Brewer and Joe788 can file suit against Parlec for making these claims:

"Are Iron Systems More Rigid Than Aluminum / Steel Systems?

While the material properties of iron are stronger than aluminum, Parlec has designed a system using a combination of aluminum and steel that is actually more rigid. We did extensive testing on our tombstones to measure deflection under load and the Parlec unit beat cast iron units by more than 50 percent less deflection."

"Do Iron Systems Dampen Vibration Better Than Aluminum / Steel Systems?

Our testing shows that in a typical machining operation the difference in vibration results in about 0.000030=94 in increased chatter over a cast iron system. This amount is very minor in comparison to the benefits that our system offers."

"Does The Weight Of A Vise Really Matter?

Yes. Because CNC machines have a table load of approximately 1,000 lbs. on a 400mm system, a cast iron system has up to 60 percent of its load in the clamping device. By switching to a composite system, one can reduce this load to less than 30 percent of the capacity, and decrease the wear on the CNC machine. Customers who use our system report that there are less maintenance issues on the pallet system compared to using cast iron systems. In addition, customers have experienced fewer injuries and less operator fatigue caused by moving our systems around compared to iron systems."

I think it's time to post this information on the Jon Banquer blog and ask for comment.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
jon_banquer

Jon:

Hey, I made a mistake, it happens. But I corrected that mistake immediately when shown it. When new data or information is presented, most people integrate that into their store of knowledge, that's how learning occurs. You were told by three people AND Google Maps that you can't get from Saugus to San Diego (~150 miles) in 1 1/2 hours, but you persisted in saying it was possible. Has my 100 MPH explanation convinced you, or are you still claiming you can make the trip in 1 1/2 hours?

Reply to
BottleBob

You've made lots and lots of mistakes and not corrected them. This is what happens when you surround yourself with lying slimeballs.

Remember when your pal Tom Brewer and Joe788 claimed I made $16 an hour / was unemployed?

Remember when your pal Joe788 lied and claimed I was involved in an incident at a SolidWorks 2008 unveiling that never happened?

Remember when you claimed no one paid attention to my CADCAM opinions? Are you aware that one CADCAM company who liked my honest and objective opinion on the use of video on a CAM website decided to use this on their website and in their literature?

Remember when you claimed I probably don't get along with my co- workers?

The list goes on and on. You basically parrot much of what these lying idiots post as FACT and have basically become what they are.

While I agree, that's not the structure of this newsgroup or say the e- Mastercam forum. It's also not the basis that lying idiots like Tom Brewer, Joe 788 or the often drunk ex CADCAM salesman will admit to. In FACT, you often make the very same mistakes.

I believe that one rises or sinks to the level of what one surrounds themselves with. In your case, you have decided to surround yourself with lying slimeballs and it shows in how you think and in the many, many mistakes you now make on a frequent basis.

Do you have any idea how hard slimeballs like Barney Rubble, Tom Brewer, John Carroll, Matt Lombard, Franco Follini, Gary Knutson, etc. have tried to yank my blog or get CADCAM companies and publications to not pay attention to what I have to say?

The result after all these years of trying is complete and utter failure to accomplish their goals. :>)

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Just for Charlie Gary who can't bookmark anything not motorcycle related:

jon_banquer

Jon:

Please, by all means, make a list. But make sure you understand the difference between a stated fact, a given opinion, a speculative guess, a joking comment, and an intentional deceit. You seem to have a tendency to blur the distinctions between these different forms of written communication and appear to accuse others of making factual claims that were never actually made.

How do *I* surround myself with these hypothetical slimeballs you mention? I start posts, and reply to the comments by others in this newsgroup. Exactly how is that "surrounding" myself with anyone, eh?

I don't recall the specific instance, you'll have to post the relevant context. But, was it intended to be a factual statement, or just jokingly ragging on you?

You mean the pizza in a briefcase - falling down the stairs "incident". Sounded like some friendly ragging to me. You DO tend to take things SOOO personal & serious. You need to lighten up and laugh at yourself sometimes. Like that Energizer rabbit thing - that was funny, wasn't it?

I would venture to guess that few in this newsgroup do.

Now do you see the form of the above sentence? I'm not making a

*claim*, I'm not being intentionally deceitful, I'm not stating a fact. It's a speculative guess. And AS a speculative guess, it doesn't have to conform or adhere to the level or degree of proof or support that a factual statement does. Is any of this getting through to you at all here?

Well, I don't know the details of this, or what exactly might have been used in any literature, so it's difficult for me to comment on this.

You don't seem to "get along" with very many in THIS newsgroup or the Solidworks group. I was making a speculative extrapolation from your newsgroup persona to your work environment - to the effect that if you acted the same way THERE that you do HERE - then you PROBABLY wouldn't get along with your co-workers very well. Now you could very well be an entirely different person in real life than your obnoxious/insulting posts in here would lead one to believe. But that wouldn't change the validity of my original extrapolation, since IT was conditional upon your behavior in both places being similar.

Does it now.

All I've see so far are misconceptions & misunderstanding on your part as to what I've actually said and meant. Please, post some more examples. And I'll try to correct your misinterpretations.

I don't "parrot" others, as I tend to express my own opinions. Now if those opinions happen to parallel other's opinions... well then so be it.

I do it because that's how I'm hardwired.

You keep accusing others of *lying* but when they ask you just what those lies ARE, you virtually never respond with actual examples. And remember a lie is an INTENTIONAL deceit, simply being in error or making an honest mistake is NOT an INTENTIONAL deceit.

I still don't understand your concept of *surrounding* in this context. I post and reply to many different people in amc, some more often than others. Where is this "surrounding" you speak of?

Actually, I have no idea. How do you KNOW these particular people have tried to yank your blog? Personally, your blog is about as interesting and entertaining as having a boil lanced. I haven't been there in months. Anything recent & juicy there I should see?

I did notice a month or two ago that you seem to have curtailed your extreme character assassination insults of some people in the SolidWorks group. I was going to ask you about it, but it wasn't really worth the time to type the question. But since I'm already here now, did someone file a defamation or libel suit against you?

Enjoy that turkey, he gave his life for you.

Reply to
BottleBob

There is nothing on my blog that will get you to pull your head out of your ass.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
jon_banquer

Jon, why is the new Chick vise made out of cast iron? How much does it weigh? Two very simple questions.

Reply to
Joe788

Jon, the only time I've claimed you were unemployed, was when you WERE unemployed:

"Joe, Congratulations, it appears you were first to identify that a certain newsgroup member is again unemployed. The claim is that the company "tanked". I suppose that could happen."

That company is still in business, by the way.

When did I ever claim that? That wasn't my story. Quite hilarious though! I think the best part of that story, is people could literally see it as being true. That's how undeniably insane you are.

What lies Jon? When? Where? Direct quotes should be easy to find.

Reply to
Joe788

[...]

Jon, why does Chick make their new vise, the one you claimed to have on order, out of cast iron? Why are you all of the sudden hyped up about a cast iron vise?

It's also comical that you can't post anything other than advertising to "back up" your claim.

Reply to
Joe788

First of all, my silly brain dead lil buddy,....thanks for mentioning my name....its just an honor to be acknowledged from such an esteemed cad/cam genius as yourself. :)

Second....there's nothing I would ever do to try to get your "blob" yanked. Your "blob" only shows what a lying insane idiot you are and I would never want the cad/cam world to not be able to see that. All I ask is that you just keep posting here and on your lil "blob" to enlighten the world, on a continuous basis, as to what a LIAR and complete nutcase you are.

Also, let me just say.....the information that I have gathered from those infamous "3 Ring Binders" that you possess have helped my career immensely.

Just curious.....in your crazy liljonnie world of mathematical distance equations ....if I wanted to meet you in person and decided to drive from Ohio to ChulaVista, CA, how long would it take me to get there?.......about 20 minutes??? BUWAAAHAAAAAA ......

PLEASE....KEEP POSTIN !!!!!!!!!!! Damn....you're just too much fun!!!!!!!!!!

Barn

Reply to
barn_rubble

Hell hath no fury like a blog scorned, or something to that effect. LOL

Reply to
BottleBob

Notice Jon's insane inability to admit he's incorrect. Thousands of words of rambling, yet no explanation as to why all of the sudden he's in love with cast iron vises, or why he thinks you can drive 150 miles in 1.5 hours. Insane sociopath, plain and simple. I can't imagine the

*other* people in the shop at his workplace!
Reply to
Joe788

Hell hath no fury like a successful blog with over 11,000 hits.

That would be the same blog you claim you don't read and that your idiot, lying buddies have done everything in their power to destroy.

More bad news:

I'm just getting started!

ROTFLMFAO

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
jon_banquer

Jon:

Successful? That would depend on your definition of success.

But what do the hits really indicate?

People in agreement with your opinions? People in dis-agreement with your opinions? People curious what outrageous things you've said? People looking for humor? People looking to see who you've insulted lately? People looking for ammunition for trolling? Other?

Who knows what percentage of each of the above may account for the hits.

I didn't say I've never been there. I've read it, just not for a couple of months.

You're my buddy too, aren't you?

You didn't answer my other questions; How do you know which specific people have tried to have your blog taken down? Or even if ANYONE has tried to have it removed?

And you have yet AGAIN refused to come forward with any evidence of lying on the part of Joe after he just challenged you present some. Why is that?

Why would that be bad news to me? I have about zero interest in what you have to say on your blog, but I feel you have the right to state any opinions you wish.

Reply to
BottleBob

You can control what you do Jon. YOU were the one abusing the machinery because you didn't even know your daily checks on the machines you were running. You know the machines you weren't performing basic PM. Where the automatic oilier gage always reads zero and you didn't know what the gage was for. Where the tool holders BANG out of the spindle and randomly fall through the tool carrousel.

Why on earth would YOU recommend a shop such as yours PAY DOUBLE the competitors price for a vises and put them on POS poorly maintained machinery in an environment that ACCORDING TO YOU abuses their tools and machinery?

Tom

Reply to
brewertr

Six quick reasons off the top of my head that show just how successful the Jon Banquer blog really is:

  1. Highly viewed. The most successful CAM-centric blog on the internet.
  2. Noticed and commented on by industry leaders such as Siemens and Teksoft3D.
  3. Mentioned on CADCAM websites and used in their literature.
  4. Drives clique idiots on e-Mastercam absolutely insane.
  5. Liked by the person who stated e-Mastercam for In House Solutions... Dave Thomson.
  6. Hated by Matt Lombard who constantly mentions me on his blog.

No, but thanks for the Talon Grip post. ;>)

Because I've already presented plenty of evidence that shows how badly Joe788 lies. Same for your pal Tom Brewer.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

t for the hits.

terest in what

Reply to