New Chick CNC Vise

They don't exactly specify who and what they tested against. Maybe the "cast iron units" were cheap chineese knock-offs.

Reply to
brewertr

I never made any such claim Jon.

Check your sources.

Reply to
brewertr

Jon:

How do you know the your blog has more hits than some other CAD/CAM blog?

LOL What type of person would consider THOSE two reasons a sign of success, eh?

Awwww, now you've gone and hurt my feelings. :(

I don't recall seeing any irrefutable evidence posted by you that proves that they were intentionally deceitful. Can you post just three examples?

As far as Pals go, I chat more with you than I ever do with Joe or Tom. So does that mean I'm "surrounding" myself with slimeballs, as you put it? LOL

Reply to
BottleBob

I have yet to see one example.....where exactly have you presented this "evidence".....LOL

-- Tom

brewertr

Parrot Bob,

Someone has decided they wish to engage in dialog on my blog about Mastercam and Siemens NX and it's taking up my time.

A man's got to have priorities. ;>)

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
jon_banquer

Jon:

So our chit-chatting is done? OK, adios amigo.

PS Seriously, put an indicator on both jaws of that vise.

Reply to
BottleBob

I'll be all over the boss to get it back in so we can do this.

In the mean time maybe someone can post how much the Kurt vise that Garlicdude posted he has sells for.... the one with the solid jaw that can be put on its side. I'm too busy with my blog and need to delegate this task. Since you make so little and should be retired perhaps you can handle this task. ;>)

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
jon_banquer

Jon:

I thought you guys already bought it.

If I make so little, that means I've got to work twice as much, eh? LOL

$794.60

Reply to
BottleBob

Please stop catching and pointing out all of jonnies lies. It just makes it harder for him to justify calling everyone else a liar. If you keep pointing them out, he will be more careful about what he posts and that will ruin all my fun.

Thanks Barn

Reply to
barn_rubble

You thought the Chick CNC vise was open on the side of it and you were dead wrong.

You're wrong on a constant basis because you and the lying ignorant idiots you surround yourself with makes tons of ASSumptions.

Produce the proof where I said we had purchased it already. We're thinking of doing so.

You should be at least $30 per hour. You're getting badly "f"ed over.

Helpful, thanks. Maybe they sell for $700 or less on sale? I wonder if they ever go on sale?

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
jon_banquer

[ > bottlebob Wrote:

and then on a NEW

I'm happy to let you do that. You can even do it on a Sunday when there is no traffic and you can easily make the trip down here in 1

1/2 hours.

When they arrive you can see for yourself.

It works well.

When they arrive you can see for yourself.

When they arrive you can see for yourself. ]

HTH,

-- Tom

brewertr

Jon:

================================================= I asked: > What would be a more fair comparison is to put your indicator on the > new Chick and then on a NEW Kurt.

You replied: I'm happy to let you do that. You can even do it on a Sunday when there is no traffic and you can easily make the trip down here in 1

1/2 hours. ==================================================

How could you let me put an indicator on the Chick vise on a Sunday if you didn't already have it in your shop?

Reply to
BottleBob

Chick and then on a NEW

Tom:

Jeeze, I could have saved myself some looking if I had known you posted that. :(

Reply to
BottleBob

Once again you have failed to use logic, Parrot Bob. We can have it in the shop but not own it.

Here is an example for you:

A few months ago we had a height master in the shop for a few weeks. (Tesa)

It was left for us to evaluate.

We decided not to purchase it. It's no longer in our shop.

Keep in mind, I don't work for some mom and pop little shop where the boss is so cheap that he buys Chinese Kurt knock off vises at an auction and who pays their help (you) coolie wages.

Keep surrounding yourself with slimebag liars like Tom Brewer, Barney Rubble, Joe 788 and the drunk who use to sell CADCAM and you will continue to makes mistake after mistake after mistake just like they do.

BTW, notice how Tom Brewer says we don't maintain our equipment yet his vises look like crap? Typical Tom Brewer behavior.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
jon_banquer

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D

Soooooo.....lil jonnie CAUGHT IN ANOTHER LIE.

How do ya think he'll handle this one? Try to divert attention to something/someone else or just quit responding and hope it goes away? He always takes one of these two routes when he gets caught.

I don't think I've seen a poster on usenet that lies more than our own lil jonnie.

Barn

Reply to
barn_rubble

Jon:

You just said a few posts ago:

===================================================== BB wrote: > PS Seriously, put an indicator on both jaws of that vise.

Jon wrote: I'll be all over the boss to get it back in so we can do this. =====================================================

If you have to "get it back", then that means you don't have it now. It seems the more you talk, the more you get tangled in a web of your own making.

Reply to
BottleBob

Jon, I DIDN'T say you don't maintain your equipment, YOU said it on numerous times. I SIMPLY REPEATED what you said.

Still having reading and comprehension issues I see there Jonito. You seemed to have missed the part about Vises "I don't use" or comprehended I am willing to GIVE them away.

The vises came my way with some used equipment I purchased. I SOLD a very nice Kurt DLH430 on a Kurt Sub-Plate for quick change horizontal use that came with that equipment.

-- Tom

brewertr

Jon:

I wanted to get this to you before you left for work. IF, you'll be working today.

Assuming you still have the Chick vise at your shop - Here are the checks I would preform.

Put a block in the upper part of the Chick vise jaws on tall parallels like "Zymrgy" suggested and clamp it strongly, do a quickie (Fail-Pass) check by trying to insert a .001-.0015 feeler gauge under the surface of the movable jaw support and the base. Then try to put the feeler gauge behind the lower part of the solid jaw & jaw support. Next try to put it under the solid jaw support and the base. If the feeler gauge goes into any of these areas, that's an immediate FAIL. On to the indicator tests. You should put your indicator on both the solid jaw support AND the movable jaw support while clamping to see IF or HOW MUCH they lift vertically. Move the indicator across the movable jaw support. again before and after clamping to make sure it's not lifting on just one side. Then check behind the solid jaw to see how much it moves in Y under clamping pressure. You can put your indicator on the very back of the solid jaw support as a double check to see if it's the jaw support or the jaw itself that's tilting. The results of those tests should tell you if the Chick is still worth consideration.

I personally think the Chick vise would be a poor investment compared to the 3600V Kurt, because of all the points I brought up before. The checks above will confirm that assessment if it fails those tests. As far as the Kurt 3600 series goes, be advised that it only has a jaw opening of 6". If you need more, you'll have to look at a different model. But if you use the Chick spacers to screw your Talon-Grip jaws to, you'll use up about 1 1/2" of the extra 2" opening of the Chick anyway.

Here a 3610V, which is a reverse vise. Meaning the solid jaw is toward you - on the handle side. It still only has a 6" opening though.

BottleBob

Wouldn't he already have done all of this during his evaluation of the product Bob? Perhaps Jon is going to be doing his evaluation soon and is surreptitiously attempting to find out how to do so here.

JC

Reply to
John R. Carroll

Jon, don't you work in a shop consisting of a few clapped out Haas VMCs with crappy carousel tool changers, some of which drop tools on a consistent basis? If that's not a "mom and pop little shop", nothing is. Just because it's a small sliver of a large company means absolutely nothing.

You do not-for-profit work, on shit equipment.

How many Makino horizontals do you guys have? How many does Bob's shop have?

Reply to
Joe788