New Chick CNC Vise

Steve:
It's a good that you went in and checked up on him. Appendicitis can progress to peritonitis and lead to septicemia which don't always have good outcomes. I'm glad everything worked out well.
Thomas is "6" SIX years old? Jeeze, it seems like just a short while ago you were single.
Reply to
BottleBob
BPB:
Yeah, the thread went from discussing the pros & cons of various vises, to some bickering, to "well wishes for the misses" as someone prosaically put it in E-mail, to medical procedures. Thread drift doncha know. :)
Thank you very much Sam. They've moved her to a regular hospital room and are discussing discharge options to a convalescent home to get her strength back. Phew, I'm relieved that she made it through the worst of it. She should be fine now.
I was deeply touched by all the people in here (and in E-mail), that wished Fran well. There are some real caring people under all those hard chromed & black anodized exteriors. Thanks guys.
I think it's like 7-8% of the population has had their appendix out. Mine's still in there.
Reply to
BottleBob
Barn:
Laser eyes? I think that's an artifact of my inexperience with cameras. There's a "Red Eye" setting, but I just wanted to get a picture before he jumped out of the bookcase.
Actually, I've taken your advise, and moved some of the remaining books to the same shelf as the MSC catalog. Hey, hows that for a pun - MSC CAT-alog. :)
Reply to
BottleBob
Actually, he just recently turned 7.
So yeah, time flies...
Reply to
Steve Mackay
So does fruit...
Reply to
Bipolar Bear
I know....My dog gets that "laser eye" look from takin her pic. Looks like a small set of headlights.
Genius......PURE GENIUS !!!
Barn
Reply to
barn_rubble
Barn:
That damned cat (Fran's cat I might add), now he's figured out how to get to the next shelf up, where the other books were. He's directly in line to pierce my ear as I go by. :( I'm gonna have to find a cardboard box to put in that shelf, or turn the whole bookcase around facing the wall.
Reply to
BottleBob
LOL......see......I told ya he wasn't done with ya yet. Ya better get a football helmet and start wearin it around the house. I think "Fran's Cat" is up to no good and is just bidin his time waitin to pull a full scale attack on ya. :)
Barn
Reply to
barn_rubble
BottleBob wrote in news:Mr6dnQ_OIOuXf6vUnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:
Bob you have mt best wishes as well. I haven't been keeping up with the group lately and missed all of this buried as it was.
Reply to
D Murphy
Dan:
Thanks Dan.
Well, it wasn't my original intention to elicit sympathy. I was just answering Tom Brewer's question what was up with my out of character responses. But I am truly moved by all the positive responses here and in E-mail. I've even received responses in E-mail from people that haven't posted to amc in probably years. Quite the humbling experience.
Reply to
BottleBob
=A0I was just
You might underestimate the connection made by quite a disparate group of people. We all see each other interact here, not all at the same time, but over the years we get to know each other. We know who the good guys are, we know who the socipaths are, the smart ones, the curious ones.
I don't question you have the support of very nearly everyone here. Keep that in mind when things get to you.
Reply to
Half-nutz
HN:
Not to get too mushy sentimental, but my parents are long gone, same with all my aunts and uncles. Fran & I never had kids, and my only sibling died years ago. I've got a nephew somewhere but we don't talk much. So I equate the regulars of this group as sort of an extended family.
Reply to
BottleBob
I ratted you out to your meat space "family" Bob.
JC
Reply to
John R. Carroll
John:
Can I expect a call from "The Girl"? LOL
Reply to
BottleBob
I wouldn't be surprised. Were you not living in the stone age you'd probably have heard from them already.
JC
Reply to
John R. Carroll
John:
Perhaps you begin to see one advantage of not having a cell, eh? :)
Reply to
BottleBob
I always understood Bob.
Your advantage, however, might be a source of genuine distress for others. Had you considered that?
Hang in old dude I think the force is with you and yours on this one.
JC
Reply to
John R. Carroll
*********** "Our own Stan Dornfeld is associated in some manner."
Thank you Bottle Bob.
I've been absent for a while because Time Warner quit News Groups. So Here I am in Google.
It may be time to update the information in the Quad-I Vise. www.quad-i.c= om
Maybe I should start a new thread so I don't Hijack this one.
Best regards,
Stanley Dornfeld San Diego CA
Reply to
stanley86
John:
Funny you should mention that, just yesterday the wife of a good friend complained about not reaching me in a couple of tries on the phone. Perhaps it's time to rethink my stance on this. Just how much does a cell & basic monthly charges cost? I now pay $21-$22 total per month.
Thanks, I hope so.
Reply to
BottleBob
AT&T's cheapest plan in our area is $39.95/mo. You ought to be able to do better than that. I can add you to my plan for $9.95 if you can't. Look around a little and let me know.
You will still have to keep a land line for DSL if you have that. OTOH, if you have cable it wouldn't matter.
Trust me on this one.
John R. Carroll