New Chick CNC Vise

e tubes running

I'm sorry to hear about your wife, Bob.

I have to admit though, I'm getting quite a kick out of seeing you humiliate Jon.

Reply to
Joe788

Bob, Sorry to hear about your wife. =A0I hope that she feels better soon.

Hang in there BB, you know my #, give me a call.

"D"

Reply to
reidmachine

Darrell:

Thanks for the well wishes.

Reply to
BottleBob

Joe:

Thank you for your concern. I think she'll be OK.

Reply to
BottleBob

Bob,

I think that we are all pulling for you and your wife. There's a lot of people here, who share that sentiment.

You've always set the example of steadfast civility in this group. Anyone can understand how a lone crazed psycopath can eventually get to any of us. It is perfectly OK to vent a little bit, especially when we all try so hard to get through life, and then we encounter someone so determined to undermine everyone and everything around them. Sometimes the sociopaths just wear us all down. But being so patient, and factual while dealing with such a deranged clown, now that's still displaying some true class.

Thanks again, we are all pulling for you.

Reply to
Half-nutz

Take no notice Jon. If the wordpress one goes I'll let you host it on one of my domains. If you ever decide to set up that ultimate no bullshit cadcam forum you've always dreamed about, no problems just let me know. Gunner has an email address.

PS 10,000 hits isn't a lot Jon. I get 2,000 hits each week on a flickr account.

Reply to
Guido

HN:

And I thank you, and the others that have posted or E-mailed me sharing their well wishes. I saw her today, and she was sitting up in a chair. Still with a bazillion tubes running in and out of everywhere but aware and conscious. I had brought her one of her stuffed cats that meows when you push a button on the side. She loves cats - actually I think sometime more than people. :)

Reply to
BottleBob

Sounds like good, or at least better news Bob. You're one of the "good guys" in here and I know I, and I'm sure most of the posters here feel for ya when things aren't goin quite so good for you or your wife. Give Mrs. BB a big ol "caveman" hug for me and tell her we're thinkin about her.....well.....ya might wanna wait a day or two before the big ol' hug. :)

Barn

Reply to
barn_rubble

Black Dragon wrote in news:ggurq4$1t6h$ snipped-for-privacy@bdhi.local:

Heh. I do that a lot for some reason. Maybe I need a new one?

Reply to
D Murphy

Best wishes for you & your Wife, I know how it affects one when their Wife is in bad shape.

Reply to
Why

I would personally find it difficult to evaluate ANY cad/cam system without spending months working with it, finding it's quirks, and idiosyncrasies. Since the GUI, and commands are vastly different between systems, trying to say something is good or bad from just a few hours of use is just plain ignorant IMHO.

We bought VX "end to end" suite, which includes 2, 2 1/2, & 3 axis cam, without much intention of really using the CAM end. I started using it for "government jobs" last year. 5 or 6 projects now. And I still can't claim I'm anywhere near efficient at it. Or could give a 100% positive determination of how it could compare to other systems. I know many of it's good & bad points. Like feature recognition is pretty good. But not as good as something like feature cam. It's auto hole routines are good. But 3D, is *MUCH* more difficult to use than PowerMill. It was extremely frustrating to use on my first couple of projects.

I just don't know how Jon can evaluate products without even trying to use 'em.

I will say one thing. He is entertaining. :)

Oh, and Jon would *HATE* VX 2D. It doesn't really 'chain' geometry, since it's almost entirely feature based, VS geometry based.

Reply to
Steve Mackay

I'm sorry to hear that Bob. Best wishes to you and your wife for a speedy recovery!

Keep us up to date, please.

Reply to
Steve Mackay

Barn:

Thanks for the well wishes. To be a little less impersonal, my wife's name is Fran (Francine), she has this black cat at home here named Ears. This is off-topic, but it's not like the newsgroup is being currently flooded with posts. A little tid-bit... I just recently threw away 10 years worth of Sci-Am magazines, Motor Trend, some other magazines etc. since I may be moving a few miles away in the near future and won't have room for them. Anyway, I was walking by the mostly empty bookcase and jumped when I felt a piercing pain in my back (kind of like being stuck with a couple of ice picks that were close together). I'm thinking, what the hell was THAT? I turn around and there is Ears in stealth attack mode hiding in one of the bookcase shelves with his arm outstretched and his paw fanned out with claws extended. I'd say he was grinning, but it's hard to tell any expression like that in a feline face. I had to feel my back to see if I was dripping blood. But I took a picture of him and brought it to Fran yesterday. She loved it, and kissed the picture.

BottleBob

Steve;

Thanks for the kind words. You know, Fran lifted her hospital gown to show me her sutured cut, and the top 1/3 of it seemed to be held together by what looked like round staples. Almost like a curled stainless chip off a lathe. I got close and was just about to feel them when the nurse came in without me noticing, and loudly & sternly said: "DON'T TOUCH THAT!" I automatically pulled my hand away like it had been burned on the stove. LOL

Reply to
BottleBob

Dave:

Thank you Dave. I've been with Fran for over 40 years, and as my own emotions run the gamut of fear/frustration/anger etc. for just an operation, I can't begin to know the depth of pain you must be feeling for the loss of Cookie that you were with a similar amount of time.

My mother (having lived through the Great Depression) had a saying that seems appropriate here: "I used to cry than I had no shoes, until I met a man that had no feet."

Reply to
BottleBob

You da Man Bob!

Reply to
brewertr

Seems to take the energizer-Dummy a little more than his estimated

1-1/2 hour drive time. How long does it take in a POS Saab where the oil gage always reads zero?

-- Tom

brewertr

Well, it seems she is making progress. That's good news.

I know the sinking feeling of having a loved one in the Hospital. Not NEARLY as critical as your situation however.

Early this past summer, we went to a birthday party of my 6 year old son's classmate. He declined having any birthday cake, which was strange for ANY 6 year old. But we just blew it off as him being picky.

We had invited some family over that evening for a BBQ. Thomas(my 6 year old), said he was tired, and not feeling "himself"(his words), and went to lay down while I grilled dinner. After dinner, I went in to wake him. He was burning up with a fever. I checked his temp, and it was 104.5. Doooh!

I striped him down to his underwear to help cool him off. Called the "nurse on line:, and rushed him up to the local hospital.

After numberous tests, where he could barely stand, they determined it was his apendix. Within 3 hours of getting to the hospital, he was in recovery.

The ironic thing was, one of the major surgery instruments used for the appendectomy, was very familiar. I made the mold for it! :) These days for an appendectomy, they don't make any large incisions. It's three REALLY small ones, that are actually super-glued shut after the procedure is finished. No stitches, and no staples.

During the whole ordeal, my wife was a basketcase. And I will admit, I've never been so scared and worried in my entire life.

Reply to
Steve Mackay

I havent been keeping up on this thread but Godspeed to Bob and Fran, and good to hear your kid your kid came out okay Steve..

I just had a knee surgery, only three small incisions like you say and it has been highly effective

--as to my own appendectomy, this occured in ~1978 IIRC at Madigan Army Hospital back during my Air Force days--started out as an exploratory...huge scar, still is highly visable....about 9 inches total length.

Reply to
Bipolar Bear

Funny how a dog playin around can gnaw on ya and know not to go too far but a cat thinks sinkin their claws in ya and drawin blood is all fun. :)

Watch those "laser eyes" of Ears. Looks like he could burn a hole in ya.

BTW.....ya might wanna fill that bookcase back up with somethin.....besides Ears. I gotta feeling he ain't done with you yet. :)

Barn

Reply to
barn_rubble