Best Rated threads in ⏣ General Metalworkingshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Aluminum grinding wheels?
Awl-- The make depressed-center aluminum grinding wheels for angle grinders, more for the welding trade. They are aluminum oxide, but in a softer, waxy medium that sheds, so it doesn't clog. They work...
9
9

cutoff bandsaws
You know, I've been using my 9x16" W.F. Wells bandsaw lately. It cuts a LOT faster than my old 7x11" Wellsaw 58B, which was a nice saw. Having a 1.5hp motor vs 3/4, 3/4" blade vs 1/2", and coolant vs...
1
1

Need tips troubleshooting Sony LU10A Dro (scales issue)
I just fired up my mill and learned that the X axis scale doesn't work. I swapped the X with the Y to check the display unit and Y works on either section. So what can I do to trouble shoot the linear...
2
2

cutting small involute spur gears
hi, i'm trying to figure out how to make some very small (think small servo-sized) involute spur gears. i have a taig CNC with rotary table and a sherline lathe. ...and i'm not averse to purchasing...
7
7

Enco "Ball Bearing" Super Duty Drill Chuck
In the latest Enco flyer, I noticed they had these new Enco brand Ball Bearing Drill Chucks. I need to buy a new chuck for a cheap 9x20 lathe, and these look decently priced. About 35-40% the price of...
4
4

Taft-Peirce surface grinder serial number? Year of mfg?
Hello, Anyone have a serial number book to look up the date my Taft-Peirce 5X10 surface grinder was built? Serial number is 2975 and I believe it is a model 100. Gracias, Honest Al
9
9

DITCH WITCH 1010
I just bought a Ditch Witch Model 1010 with a bad gearbox that drives the rear wheels. Anyone have one or any parts for a 1010 and any advice? Thanks b.
2
2

Kurt vise jaws size?
Guys, I have a 6" Kurt clone vise. Can somebody measure distance between holes in a jaw? Just want to make sure standard 6" Kurt jaws will fit my clone before I spend $50 on them. Thanks
7
7

Jet Lathe 321830
I am just looking into getting a small lathe like the Jet 14"x40" Geared Head Lathe. I have a Bridgeport Mill running off a phase converter. If I get the lathe should I just get a single phase motor...
6
6

need good chainsaw chain
I bought two Logger truck loads of oak logs. They have been cut for a fair while and the wood is pretty dry. My Carlton chainsaw chains aren't even lasting a full gas tank before they are dull. I just...
27
27

Band saw blade
First, I want to say Hello to everyone in this group. I have a question concerning the bandsawmachine that i would like to buy. My firm is manufacturing various things, mostly working with INOX tubes,...
11
11

Building Hydraulic power unit
Where would a guy find a manifold block that he could attach a hydraulic pump, motor, and reservoir to make a DC power unit like a Fenner or Haldex? I'm looking for one that could be used to make a...
5
5

Welding machine-Tig info needed
I brought home today a Airco tig welder. It, except for the color..appears identical to the Miller Dialarc 250-HF. Anyone know where I can find a manual and so forth? Ive not powered it up yet, just...
7
7

20 T Bottle Jack Howzit Work? - Need To Fix!! HELPPPPP!!!
Hey! I've got a (now old) 20T (low profile) made in Taiwan bottle jack. It doesn't want to pump under load. I opened up the plunger assembly and found the plunger with an O ring seal on the top end,...
12
12

Experience with small benchtop benders
I have decided my next purchase will be a small rod/strap bender. Using the big machines is fun, but making hooks and bending up little brackets is something I find myself doing a lot. I currently do...
6
6

shaper disassembly
The table on my Vernon bolts to a casting I'd call a saddle which slides crossways, actuated by the cross-slide screw. That casting is bolted to another casting which slides vertically, actuated by...
2
2

Bending polycarbonate sheet
For an electronics chassis I need to fabricate a cover with a couple of 90 degree bends, the cover has a cut out to allow viewing of a readout. I was going to use 1.6mm Aluminium, but if I use clear...
11
11

Lathe Oil used
For end gears I'd use Lubriplate Gear Shield. That's probably what the Keystone 122 was used for.
13
13

Peddinghaus for sale on Ebay
eBay Mobile
3
3

Need ISO metric fine 6mm screws
Why not drill ant tap for a more readily available size? 1/4-20 is a close match.
5
5