pros and cons list for Pro38 and Aerotech engines.

I forgot to say that you can use AT type casing & closures.

I d>>

Phil Stein

Reply to
Phil Stein

In practice, I guess D.R. hardware isn't considered a "substitution".

(I don't actually have a problem with this. Neither do my friendly neighborhood RSO's.)

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

Ah! I got the impression that the 62.5US reloads where ordered by mistake and we would normally get the 64.5 Canadian ones

-- Damian Burrin UKRA 1159 Level 2 RSO EARS 1115

email snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com email snipped-for-privacy@ukrocketry.com

Reply to
Damian Burrin

Since everyone is so concerned about insurance coverage and not doing something wrong, legally, the way they are written, Dr. Rocket hardware CANNOT be used.

Bob

Reply to
baDBob

How in the hell is the use of a Dr. Rocket case a 'substitution'? The cases are made in the same machine shop with the same material, to the same drawings. Aerotech considers the hardware the same as their own, and they have informed Tripoli and NAR of that fact. You keep beating the Dr. Rocket issue here, Bob, but the argument does not hold water.

-- Joe Michel NAR 82797 L1

Reply to
J.A. Michel

As I said I'm certain, but that was the impression I got.

Reply to
Darren J Longhorn

What other companies produce reloads for Aerotech hardware?? Are they certified and/or readily available?

AT delays are not officially adjustable but it can be done.

Reply to
RayDunakin

And so far, AMW reloads aren't CSFM approved, so you can't get or use them in California. Of course, that's not a problem if you're not in CA.

Reply to
RayDunakin

Hmmm... you're thinking in terms of an insurance company trying to weasel out of a claim on the basis that something "wouldn't have happened if the motor assembly hadn't used DR hardware instead of the AT hardware specified in the certification data"...?? I doubt that even an insurance company lawyer would be able to make something like _that_ stand up, when AT says that DR hardware is the same as AT hardware. (Same factory/tooling/specs, different color label.)

I suppose they could say "AT hardware or exact mechanical substitute from AT-approved source" in the certification data, if they wanted to be perfectly accurate about the correct hardware to use...

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

Because the NAR certs specifically state that AT hardware is to be used. No where is the name Dr. Rocket mentioned.

Bob

Reply to
baDBob

You shouldn't be surprised at how far an insurance company will go to deny a claim. Would be no extra work on their part to simply say NO because the motor in question was not certified based on a substitution of casing.

Bob

Reply to
baDBob

They are certified OR readily available.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Just like USR.

Yes and yes.

But they have no LEMP so they cannot be TRA certified.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Because they are NOT marketed as "Aerotech" cases, but as "Dr. Rocket" cases.

Why cannot I buy a SU aerotech motor, stick a USR label on it and call it a certified USR motor then?

Jerry

Details matter. It's the LAW now not mere "club rules".

Jerry

"The conference rules do NOT resemble Calvin-ball!"

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

The hypocracy is vivid.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

TRA says ACS paperwork sold to a "Jerry-company" cannot be used by said "Jerry-company" because an OEM is involved exactly ala Dr. Rocket.

EXACT comparison.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

So the problem is, as you see it, people living in CA?

;)

Joel. phx

Reply to
Joel Corwith

Maybe CTI is standardizing on the US one to ease production simplicity gentlemen. Speculation.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Sounds familiar.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Because you do not have an agreement with Aerotech like Apogee or PML did.

-- Joe Michel NAR 82797 L1

Reply to
J.A. Michel