Save Rocketry Now raffle winners

I too won some prizes from a few vendors on the saverocketrynow raffle and would like\ to thank them for supporting the Save Rocketry Raffle. One of the prizes I won was one of Jerry's US Rocket kits a Hi-Test 3100 4 29mm cluster booster to 4 29mm upperstage. Kind of a cool vintage High Power Design. I have never built any of jerry's Kits so I think I will do a review of it when I get it and build it. Thanks Jerry for offering the prizes.

Reply to
John Sicker

My pleasure.

I also want to be sure to acknowledge the strong generosity of U.S. Rockets, who provided some 20% of all the prizes in that fundraising effort for the legal fund.

27 CFR555.141-a-8

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Kevin, Is there a protocol for prize distribution? Will the vendors contact us? Do they have our contact information? Are we to contact them and ask for our prize? (the latter seems kinda tacky to me)

thanks, steve

Reply to
default

The vendors have been notified of the winners and where available, their adddresses.

A surprising number never gave an address. Maybe they don't want their prize?

Several winners have asked to keep the prize and make a donation to the legal fund or Katrina.

If it were me I would want the rocket :)

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

What about the people who got pencil holders?

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Please note your SINGUAAR effort to lower the level of discussion on rmr.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

That's been your self appointed job for close to fifteen years now.

But what about the people who got usr pencil holders?

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

As an FYI, I have been contacted by two vendors -- one by email, one by phone. The email contact was to verify delivery address, the phone contact was to let me know that the item was out of stock, and to offer my a comparable item or to ask if I wanted to wait for two weeks. I'm impressed with the fact that both bothered to take the time to do either of these, and I'm also assuming that the other vendors are simply going to send the items as indicated.

From this, it seems clear to me that the vendors have already been contacted and given the supplied contact information...

David Erbas-White

Reply to
David Erbas-White

The vendors have all been notified and have contact information. I would hope they would get in contact with you. I know at least one vendor (Xavien) is out of town, due to work.

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski

Disregarding for the moment that claim is false, you seem anxious to take over that job now.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Jeff Covert has been very forthright in communications to prize winners regarding his chutes. I mean, the guy is on the road in hurricane land and he's keeping tabs with us.

The dude will be getting a future order from me!

Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75

Reply to
the notorious t-e-d

As further follow-up, I've already received one of the items I've won -- so it should be clear that vendors have been contacted with winner information.

I'm intentionally not posting the name of the vendor who sent stuff so quickly, as I don't believe it's 'fair' to make the delivery of prizes a race, after the vendors have had the goodness to donate the prizes to the campaign. I have, however, written to thank the vendor, and to assure them that I will be doing business with them in the future.

David Erbas-White

Reply to
David Erbas-White

snip...

Hmmmmmmmm. I must be a special case then. I haven't been contacted by anyone in any way regarding the contest. I'm still holding out hope that it isn't just a vapor prize.

steve

Reply to
default

Who did you win something from? I know some donors are shipping currently, others have contacted their respective winners, and some have completed shipping.

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski

The prize is a US rockets weightlofter. I'm not sure who the vendor/donor is. Thanks for the reply, Kevin.

steve

Reply to
default

I too am still waiting for my prize from Jerry. I notice that since the winners were announced, Jerry has vanished from the newsgroup.

I hope that any future raffles will refuse "prizes" offered by vendors who never fulfilled their obligations this time around.

(
Reply to
raydunakin

Jerry made a special offer to the prize winners, and was offering combined shipping, so he was waiting to see if people wanted the special offer before shipping.

He says he has shipped now. I assume he is telling the truth.

Reply to
David

That would be Jerry Irvine, and from what he tells me, he's just about done shipping everything out, so you should have it shortly.

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski

Jerry tells me he's just about done shipping everything out, so you should have it shortly. Give it a week; if it's not there by then, let us know.

I can't answer that, as I won't be involved the next time around -- I'm all raffled out.

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski

I just received my prize from US Rockets today...

Thanks Jerry.

-- David

Reply to
David